Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

jocoxvt

If this were me doing this I would go with either 2 250s over each section (6 total) in Lumenarcs or i would go with 1 400 over each section (3 total) in lumenarcs hung a little higher and then supplement with t5 or VHO.

hurt

Wow! Tis a beast and a dream of mine. This puts you on par with Steve Weast. Makes a 180 look like a puddle. Can't wait to see the finished product, especially with sps. Congrats, I envy you!

hurt

Originally Posted by teen
and he could have it set up just as nicely with vho lighting.
If you read the first post, the tank is 25" tall and he plans on making it an SPS reef. VHO's certainly don't fit that bill.

reef diver

How many gallons approx it it?, my deam home tank will be roughly 1500, yes I will be saving for a long time. I have a trust fund for me for college, If I can save that and use scholarships etc that will give me a good head start.

teen

Originally Posted by Hurt
If you read the first post, the tank is 25" tall and he plans on making it an SPS reef. VHO's certainly don't fit that bill.
first of all, i read the first post.
second, he certainly could do an sps tank of this size with vho lighting. ive just seen one of the nicest sps tanks around 25" deep with only vho lighting. ill take pics of some of the frags i picked up from the guy and you tell me if the colors are not just as nice as under mh lighting.
if you new anything about sps, you would know that lighting is more like 5th or 6th on the list of importance.

hurt

Originally Posted by teen
first of all, i read the first post.
second, he certainly could do an sps tank of this size with vho lighting. ive just seen one of the nicest sps tanks around 25" deep with only vho lighting. ill take pics of some of the frags i picked up from the guy and you tell me if the colors are not just as nice as under mh lighting.
if you new anything about sps, you would know that lighting is more like 5th or 6th on the list of importance.

Easy boy...you just lost a lot of credibility with me. I in no way said anything abrasive or derogatory unlike your post. FYI, for a tank 25 inches deep you will need at least 250's for SPS. I don't even know what to say if you think lighting is 5th or 6th on list of importance in an SPS tank.
Please show me your SPS tank, and better yet show me an SPS tank with VHO's only.
And please do not respond in this thread, email me. I certainly didn't intend to highjack this thread as such, sorry for this nonsense Goodwin9.

teen

Easy boy...you just lost a lot of credibility with me. I in no way said anything abrasive or derogatory unlike your post. FYI, for a tank 25 inches deep you will need at least 250's for SPS. I don't even know what to say if you think lighting is 5th or 6th on list of importance in an SPS tank.
Please show me your SPS tank, and better yet show me an SPS tank with VHO's only.
And please do not respond in this thread, email me. I certainly didn't intend to highjack this thread as such, sorry for this nonsense Goodwin9.
email address would help

hurt

I assumed you would click on my profile and email me, but to make it easy for you REIrwin79@yahoo.com
NIRUA64, I'm not sure if you want any of my sps, apparently I don't "new anything about sps"
. Drop me an email, and I'd be glad to help you out.
End of the highjacking and congrats to Goodwin. This is your thread.
But, I'm willing to bet money he will highjack this thread again, I can't imagine what that screen name means?

reef diver

*sigh*, sorry I did not read the first post, wow total volume 760 gallons! very impressive, Imo you should do the rockwork much like steve weast did,without the sloping from the sides, for like a natural reef, that scales up fast, then flattens out, on top, with bumps, and then another rise at the back
JMO GL keep us posted

teen

I assumed you would click on my profile and email me, but to make it easy for you REIrwin79@yahoo.com
your email doesnt show up in your profile
, it says restricted by administrator. but im emailing you now.
sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.

goodwin9

It's been a while, and I am still waiting for the tank. We had a problem with the Euro-Reef skimmer and it had to be returned. Here is a few pictures of the new H&S skimmer I replaced the Euro-Reef with. The sump needed to be modified to accomendate the new skimmer.

goodwin9

The new calcium reactor arrived and was amazed at the size. That's a five gallon bucket sitting next to the reactor. Now trying to figure out how to get it dialed in :notsure:

zman1

Originally Posted by goodwin9
The new calcium reactor arrived and was amazed at the size. That's a five gallon bucket sitting next to the reactor. Now trying to figure out how to get it dialed in :notsure:

That's a monster... looks like a 5lbs CO2 tank, you may have to upgrade that -LOL

jocoxvt

You will love the H&S I run a A150-2001 on my 100 cube and couldnt be happier with its production. Its rock solid

joncat24

keep the pics coming goodwin....that is an amazing project. I don't think I could afford the salt for that thing!!!!! much less the electric bill...LOL
great looking so far :cheer:

goodwin9

Here is a plumbing diagram of the equipment located below the stand. Lots of stuff and running out of room. :thinking:

joshh81

I just want you to know... your my hero.

If you dont mind me asking... how do you finance all these awesome projects?