Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

grumpygils

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Here is a diagram of the returns for the tank. Closed loop is powered by a Blue Line 100 and the other two returns are from Turbo Sea 1740's.

Bump

goodwin9

Here are a few shots of the tank as the plumbing was getting finished up. There are a few things which still need to be plumbed in before it is ready for delivery.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Here are a few shots of the tank as the plumbing was getting finished up. There are a few things which still need to be plumbed in before it is ready for delivery.

What company is doing this project for you? It is awesome. I don't think you mentioned it, but what lighting are you going with? Please keep all info coming....this is the "mack daddy"!
Mc

wangotango

very nice
did you tell them what equipment you wanted or was it all in a package type deal? what are your plans for covering the stand and canopy?
-Justin

goodwin9

Originally Posted by WangoTango
very nice
did you tell them what equipment you wanted or was it all in a package type deal? what are your plans for covering the stand and canopy?
-Justin
The tank will have an open top, no canopy. I bought all of the equipment and had it shipped to the factory for Franz to get all of the plumbing put together. Much easier to have it done there rather than trying to do it all in the house.

blazehok68

that thing is freakin huge!! cant wait to see it up and running. oh yeah...smart idea having someone else do the plumbing for you.
i hate plumbing!

azfishgal

That's what I was thinking, the plumbing looks like a nightmare!!! :scared:
However, the finished product is going to be spectacular!!! :cheer:

goodwin9

Here are a few more shots of the tank being moved into the house. They were doing a great job while I was busy doing all of the hard work taking pictures.

Tight fit in the doorway, but made it through.

Going down the stairs was the hardest part. So they were telling me.....

azfishgal

OH MY, that was a tight fit. And the stairs! :scared: So glad I wasn't helping.

So do you have water in it yet, huh? huh? huh? Do you? Do you? :jumping:

saltn00b

looking great!
are those fluval canister filters? why did you decide to go with that out of curiosity?

fishrule

UPPPP....
I know you have the tank sitting on the stand in your basement. It is the only logical next picture after the pic of them taking it down stairs...
More Pics, More Pics, More Pics!!!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

goodwin9

Originally Posted by saltn00b
looking great!
are those fluval canister filters? why did you decide to go with that out of curiosity?
The are Lifeguard canisters, mechanical, chemical & 40 watt UV's. I have them on my other systems and they seem to do the job. It was going to be easier to keep the filtration uniform with my tanks.