Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

thegrog

HOLY FISCHNIZET!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
That is a HUGE Ca reactor!!!! In fact, that is a HUGE tank!!!
I sooooooooo wish I had the time & money to do something like that!! Better check my lotto numbers!!
Can;t wait to see it all up and running!!

psusocr1

goodwin
shoot me an email when ya get a chance, wondering how everythign is goign with the other guys

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by TheGrog
HOLY FISCHNIZET!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
That is a HUGE Ca reactor!!!! In fact, that is a HUGE tank!!!
I sooooooooo wish I had the time & money to do something like that!! Better check my lotto numbers!!
!
dude all of goodwins tanks r big, h does evrything big, he couldnt have just 1 octo, he had 2, he couldnt have just a ray and a shark in a modest 280 he went got another ray and a lookdown for a 470 was it? im very impressed by u goodwin tho not suprised somehow....

goodwin9

And finally, a few pictures of the "finally finished" sump/refugium. Total volume should be about 150 gallons when filled.

joncat24

how the hell are you going to get that in your house? You planning on using that bobcat in the background??? :notsure:

reef diver

No, Look, if the tank is turned on its side, it will fit right through the door. I like how you had it built so it will not be a hassle to work in, is it only 20 or so inches deep? WOW thats a huge refuge!

freejury

OMG!! That stands gotta be 4' + high. Break out the snorkel gear baby!! What a beauty. Love 'My Way' s track light idea. I've seen that in hydroponics, and its great for even growth on plants. Might be just the trick for SPS too!

ginarox

lookin good,,,waiting patiently,,still cant waite to see,,,i can already tell your going to have an awesome tank,,have a great day...

superh

thank you for sharing the fabrication process/experience with us...that is going to be one gorgeous tank when it is set up

T

touchthesky00

do u have any pics of ur current tanks goodwin? or links to them?
process looks awesome so far!

goodwin9

Here is a diagram of the returns for the tank. Closed loop is powered by a Blue Line 100 and the other two returns are from Turbo Sea 1740's.