Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

bigreefer

Just to add a quick note on the horseshoe thing... I live literally across the street from the ocean. I have all my life, and where I live we get them. Now I cant say about tropical crabs, if there is a difference (I dont think) but the ones that we get are huge and I never understood how you could keep one. The ones we get here are literally from point to blunt end of shell 2+ feet and at least a foot across.

brandan

Originally Posted by goodwin9
3 Feeding clips in the tank and where to they all go, after one little piece of Nori floating around in the tank.

Love the Foxface. Hey, Goodwin, did you happen to see my post under "Fish Discussion"? It is about an Atlantic Blue Tang.

goodwin9

I managed to get a couple of pics of two of the Emerald Crabs either fighting over a coral, or playing king of the hill....

hefner413

fighting crabs! definitely a cool pic! It's like the one by the coral was saying - HEY this is my spot! get out of here!

bocfuss

Thats awesome!! I only have one emerald and he climbs all my trees at night to make sure nothing is in them. I have no idea why, but as soon as the lights go out, up he goes, all the way to the top until it bends over. No harm done.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Snazzy tank!! FTS?
Thank you! You asked for it, so here are some pictures I took last night, no particular order, just some differnt shots from the tank.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by kayak385
do you think you've spent as much on livestock as you have on equipment?
My adding machine quit working a couple of months back. Looking at my credit card statement makes me wonder...

kirkaz

Amazing Tank!!! I am just getting back in after a year off after moving cross country, I think you are my new hero....Must have a nice camara too, those are great pics of the emerald crabs.....All those Tangs but no Achilles or Powder Blue?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by kirkaz
Amazing Tank!!! I am just getting back in after a year off after moving cross country, I think you are my new hero....Must have a nice camara too, those are great pics of the emerald crabs.....All those Tangs but no Achilles or Powder Blue?
Thank you! No Powder Blues, I just haven't been able to keep them. I had to move the Achillies to my 210. He was getting chased by a number of different fish and getting all stressed out. Not sure if I will try and move him back, or leave him in the 210 where he is doing much better.
I was surprised myself at the pictures of the emeralds, wished all my pictures turned out like those.....

kirkaz

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Thank you! No Powder Blues, I just haven't been able to keep them. I had to move the Achillies to my 210. He was getting chased by a number of different fish and getting all stressed out. Not sure if I will try and move him back, or leave him in the 210 where he is doing much better.
I was surprised myself at the pictures of the emeralds, wished all my pictures turned out like those.....
Hmm, good to know...I think I had a "freak" Achilles, lived 7+ years in an aggressive tank as the undisputed "alpha" with 2 triggers (huma, niger), a bigger Naso, Lunare, & Queen Angle....never had a Powder Blue, just think they are beautiful....Rock Chalk Jayhawk...

brandan

Goodwin, have you ever had any luck with an Atlantic Blue Tang? I was thinking about adding one but I heard they do not do will in Aquariums. Love the Angels, I have never seen those before.

coral keeper

Your tank looks very nice! I think you should add more smaller fish. Like get about 20-30+ Blue Reef Chromis, i think it will look very very nice if you add the Blue Reef Chromis, and they will be schooling around your big reef tank. Well, good luck with your BIG reef tank!