Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Hey, i'm watching you right now, and what is in the bags??? New fish? Corals? inverts? I see you taking pics right now, so post some new pics today!

Lots of goodies....Christmas in August....25 Corals, 4 clams, 2 fish. I split the corals up amoung my three reef tanks. Lots of leathers, some mushrooms, and some zoos.

goodwin9

Here is one of the new fish, a pencil wrasse. I've never hear or seen one before. This one is about 4" long. I love the colors...

triga22

Nice buy. Ive never seen one either. How long do you spend on this tank everyday?
Feeding the fish
Checking the equipment
Cleaning the glass??

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Awsome pics goodwin. Whats the pink fish is the upper left corner in the first pic?
It's a Male Lyretail anthias. I didn't notice him in the picture. Too bad he wasn't more in focus, interesting head on shot....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Nice buy. Ive never seen one either. How long do you spend on this tank everyday?
Feeding the fish
Checking the equipment
Cleaning the glass??
Too much...and not enough. It seems like just as soon as I think things are done, something needs to be done again. Feeding the tanks takes about 1/2 hour each day. I spend one full day testing water, changing water, filters, media, and cleaning the tanks. This tank in particular would probably average 30 to 45 minutes a day over a weeks time. Most of that time spent in one or two days time.

goodwin9

I ordered the corals assorted and was a little dissapointed that it included so many leathers, but I guess that I will make do. The price was right...

bs21

yea thats why i haven't ordered any package deals. It seems to easy to

[hr]
the buyer over on variety. Still it looks like you've got some cool stuff there. Can't wait to see it all in the tank.

psusocr1

nice squamosa i had one exactly like it, and let me tell you i bought it at 3 inches and within a year it was over 7-9.. very fast growers and they have an awesome very wide skirt on them

d.w.

How big is your Dussumier Tang now, How old is he & Do you think I could keep one in a 160 gallon or would he get to big?
Beautiful Tank by the way!! I'm in awe!

goodwin9

I thought that I would post some pictures of some of the other clams in the tank. It's easier to get pictures of the fish than the clams...

goodwin9

Originally Posted by D.W.
How big is your Dussumier Tang now, How old is he & Do you think I could keep one in a 160 gallon or would he get to big?
Beautiful Tank by the way!! I'm in awe!
Thank you! I actually have 2 Dussumnier tangs, one in the new tank and one in my 470. I have had the one in the 470 for more than a year now and it has grown an inch or two. They will grow to be a very large fish, just not sure how long that takes. From my expereince with my tanks, the Vlamingii's have grown the fastest, followed by the Unicorns, and then the Dussumiers. Here's another shot of the one in the big tank.

R

reefernana

I was watching you taking pictures on Sunday I think it was. Couldn't wait to see what they were. Beautiful clams by the way. What was that box thing I saw you using with the camera in the water? Does it allow you to get closer and does it magnify? Just curious.