Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

I dont think that anybody has asked you yet, so i suppose i will.
Has anything in your tank reproduced yet?
Fish, inverts, anything?
That would be exciting to get some fry in there with everything else

goodwin9

Originally Posted by iampumpkinman
I dont think that anybody has asked you yet, so i suppose i will.
Has anything in your tank reproduced yet?
Fish, inverts, anything?
That would be exciting to get some fry in there with everything else

The only thing that has reproduced that I am aware of has happened in the refugium where I now have 100's of small baby snails.

R

reefernana

Wow, awesome picture, and he sure is taking a chance. Wham and goodbye. Maybe the clam knows he's not a threat?

goodwin9

Maybe its just me, or does it look like you have a net sitting in the bottom of your tank?
Haha.
Your exactly right, it is a rare blue handle net fish, or at least that's what they guy sold it to me as at the LFS....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Integral9
Is that a Yellow Assessor in that clam?
It is a yellow sailfin blenny. This guy is about 4" in length. He's still in the tank a day after that picture was taken....

goodwin9

Maybe its just me, or does it look like you have a net sitting in the bottom of your tank?
Haha.
Actually, the net is in the tank covering a clam that one of the fish was picking on. Not sure why, but thought that net would keep the fish away from the clam for a while.

hefner413

My clown goby use to always sit in my crocea - the crocea didn't mind at all. that was his home until he got sucked up agains my Koralia #4 :eek:(

goodwin9

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Goodwin - do you have/or thought about getting a Black Kole tang for your collection?
I've got a Blue Eyed Kole, never heard of a Black one before.

If noone has asked you yet and Im sure your afraid to tell but how much money is sunk into this tank??? Please do tell im guessing $50,000<$70,000

rara12

Originally Posted by goodwin9
It's a Acanthurus Monroviae tang, (Doctor fish).

Are you sure thats a doctor fish. The caribbean tang know as the doctor fish is Acanthurus chirurgus.

R

regina13

Originally Posted by ci11337
pretty sure black kole=adult chevron. Nice tank!
Thats what I found 2.

goodwin9

I thought that I would have my water tested by an outside source to double check the test results that I have been getting, so I sent water samples off to CO and I thought that I would post the results that I got back from them this week.

brandan

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I thought that I would have my water tested by an outside source to double check the test results that I have been getting, so I sent water samples off to CO and I thought that I would post the results that I got back from them this week.

Looks like the calcium reactor isnt doing quiet what it needs to. Is it underrated for the tank? Or is it just not cranked up high enough?