Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by regina13
haha I was just watching the fish fallow you up and down the tank and that is so kool! I have never seen anything like that.
I'm glad someone saw that. Tonight was the first time that I noticed how much they followed me from one end of the tank to the other. I think that every tang was in the chase. If I was to move like that in from of any of my other tanks, the fish would all scatter....

aanthony

hey goodwin, just out of curiosity, how is your battle with ick going, i remember you saying you lost a few hippo tangs because of it, but have you had any other losses due to ick, and also, what are you doing to prevent it, besides the 25 or so cleaner shrimp

oo, and one moe qustion, how is your powder blue doing, i just bought one, and noticed a few little spots on him (inevitable), it would just be nice though to hear a sucess story with that fish

R

regina13

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I'm glad someone saw that. Tonight was the first time that I noticed how much they followed me from one end of the tank to the other. I think that every tang was in the chase. If I was to move like that in from of any of my other tanks, the fish would all scatter....

It was fun to watch fish act like that.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by AAnthony
hey goodwin, just out of curiosity, how is your battle with ick going, i remember you saying you lost a few hippo tangs because of it, but have you had any other losses due to ick, and also, what are you doing to prevent it, besides the 25 or so cleaner shrimp

oo, and one moe qustion, how is your powder blue doing, i just bought one, and noticed a few little spots on him (inevitable), it would just be nice though to hear a sucess story with that fish
Ick is still present in the tank, but hasn't caused any loses recently. I have added 2 more 40 watt UV's on a seperate loop to help rid the problem. That bring the total to 4 - 40 watt units. I don't have a PB tang in the tank, and probably won't try one again. I have not had good luck at all keeping those fish. The yellow belly regal blue tang is doing great. NO spots what so ever. Good luck with the powder blue!

goodwin9

I took a couple of pictures of the new Gigas, the first one, taken from the top of the tank looking down, the spots appear to be green. In the second photo taken from the front of the tank, they appear blue.

hefner413

WOOOHHOOOO. I was meaning to ask if you would get a gigas! I'm so glad you did! I've been wanting to get one myself eventually when I have a large tank finally.. Awesome job Goodwin!!!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Hefner413
WOOOHHOOOO. I was meaning to ask if you would get a gigas! I'm so glad you did! I've been wanting to get one myself eventually when I have a large tank finally.. Awesome job Goodwin!!!

They are a nice looking clams. Had I seen both the Gigas & the Derasa's in person prior to purchasing, I would have chosen the Gigas first. I'll try and get some good top down shots of both today and post them this evening .

angelman

You are my new idol!!!
This is simply amazing.
The time.
The money.
The fun of putting this all together yourself.
The equipment.
The stock.
Truly, truly incredible.
In Florida, my electric bill would surpass my payment on my home.

C

christian07

wow im from Boca Raton too ... where about ??? i dont have a tank yet but im always looking for people near by to learn from
Originally Posted by AngelMan
You are my new idol!!!
This is simply amazing.
The time.
The money.
The fun of putting this all together yourself.
The equipment.
The stock.
Truly, truly incredible.
In Florida, my electric bill would surpass my payment on my home.

angelman

Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN07
wow im from Boca Raton too ... where about ??? i dont have a tank yet but im always looking for people near by to learn from
Where the skeeters look like planes landing - West side in Logger's Run.
Whereabouts are you?

mike22cha

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I took a couple of pictures of the new Gigas, the first one, taken from the top of the tank looking down, the spots appear to be green. In the second photo taken from the front of the tank, they appear blue.

NICE CLAMS!

C

christian07

Originally Posted by AngelMan
Where the skeeters look like planes landing - West side in Logger's Run.
Whereabouts are you?
441 and 18th/marina blvd

C

christian07

oh wow your the guy wit hthe beautiful tank with all the rare fish niceeeeeeee good job dude

saltn00b

hey goodwin, always amazing coming to this thread -
you originally were planning on an SPS dominated tank, are you still going that route, if so about how many SPS do you have? anything really special?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by saltn00b
hey goodwin, always amazing coming to this thread -
you originally were planning on an SPS dominated tank, are you still going that route, if so about how many SPS do you have? anything really special?
I had visions of a nice SPS tank, but with the number of fish in the tank, I'm unable to keep the water parameters pristine enough to keep them successfully. Some are doing OK, but I don't know names. The soft corals are doing great and have added quite a few along with all of the clams.

bullitr

put xenia in there your water will be good in no time and when the water is great the xenia's stop growing. just my to cents