Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Great videos!!!
Love the "hand" clip.

The fish in this tank seem to react differently to my hand being in the tank. In my other tanks, when I reach for the feeding clip, all of the fish scatter until I put it back in with the nori. In this tank, they seem to be drawn to my hand as soon as it goes into the tank, whether its to remove a feeding clip or just move it around. Many of the fish will let me touch them and then come back for more. The tangs are the most friendly, but have yet to have the yellows come up for a touch or take the nori from my hand. Only other fish to interact is the orange spotted rabbit fish which I am a little nervous about. Neighborhood kids have watched this and of course they all now want to "pet" the fish.....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by 20galFOWLR
your clips are completely amazing, i love tangs and your tank is overwhelming good work!

Thank you, by far, the tangs have grown to be my favorite fish.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Great videos. Nice piece of work. When are you gong to start finishing the basement?lol
Thank you! The basment is a ways off, most people are busy watching the tank and don't pay much attention to the surroundings....

R

reefernana

Your videos are awesome! My new little maroon clown is always right there when my hand goes in and my lawnmower is curious, too, but my pajama cardinal always scoots away! I tune in just about everyday to check out all of your tanks. I still love to watch the rays when they're playing tag!

ccampbell57

Goodwin - in the last clip it looked like a Sohal was VERY interested in your hand. Is it a sohal or am I seeing things.
Anyway, I have noticed that with my two tangs they love my hand in the tank and will eat right out of it. I would feed like that as well, but my trigger and angels are too bug to mess with that.
Any issues with your Vlamingis? I want to add one with my Naso and Hippo, but want to make sure that it will be all kosher.
Congrats on the tank. Keep it updated.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Goodwin - in the last clip it looked like a Sohal was VERY interested in your hand. Is it a sohal or am I seeing things.
Anyway, I have noticed that with my two tangs they love my hand in the tank and will eat right out of it. I would feed like that as well, but my trigger and angels are too bug to mess with that.
Any issues with your Vlamingis? I want to add one with my Naso and Hippo, but want to make sure that it will be all kosher.
Congrats on the tank. Keep it updated.
It's not a Sohal, and I am drawing a blank on its name, an odd ball that I will have to go back and look up. Anyhow, he is the little nipper in the group....
I would never try this with the FO tank. A number of larger triggers that you can see teeth..And a spotted grouper that could easily get a finger in it's mouth.....
My Vlaminigi get along with everyone. I have one in all of my tanks. The one in the 210 has doubled in size in less than six months. If you look at that web cam, you can deffinently pick him out. Largest fish in the tank.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by addicted2
Your tank is amazing! Beautiful fish!

Originally Posted by mbnum2

wow! amazing man! Beautiful tank!
Thank you!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by reefernana
Your videos are awesome! My new little maroon clown is always right there when my hand goes in and my lawnmower is curious, too, but my pajama cardinal always scoots away! I tune in just about everyday to check out all of your tanks. I still love to watch the rays when they're playing tag!
My clowns always seem to head straight to their anemonies when my hand goes into the tank, cardinals to the back corner.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Quakstar
in the first video around the 52nd second the is a pink colored tang in the back right what type is that ???
It's a Kole Yellow Eyed tang.

quakstar

Hey go me that is what i thought it was but the pink color on yours is just awsome my fiancee loves pink if you were not so far away i would tell you you better keep your eye on it or she might hist it

R

regina13

Originally Posted by goodwin9
It's not a Sohal, and I am drawing a blank on its name, an odd ball that I will have to go back and look up. Anyhow, he is the little nipper in the group....
I would never try this with the FO tank. A number of larger triggers that you can see teeth..And a spotted grouper that could easily get a finger in it's mouth.....
My Vlaminigi get along with everyone. I have one in all of my tanks. The one in the 210 has doubled in size in less than six months. If you look at that web cam, you can deffinently pick him out. Largest fish in the tank.

If you ever remember the name of that fish please tell me. Or email me at hsregina@hotmail.com
thanks!