Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

team2jndd

Can I get an updated full tank shot. I deffinately think you have too much going on with all the fish. Once the coral starts to grow in you are going to get a little bit crammed. I would trade some of those fish for clams and sps.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by team2jndd
Can I get an updated full tank shot. I deffinately think you have too much going on with all the fish. Once the coral starts to grow in you are going to get a little bit crammed. I would trade some of those fish for clams and sps.
Got to clean the tank again first, should have that done by morning. I'll then get some tanks shots for you. These are small frags and I think that it is going to be a while before they start crowding out the fish. Trading or moving can be done down the road if I start to run out of room.

kevin34

Goodwin, tank still looks awsome.
I have looked up that Merlin RO system and am concidering saving up for it after the failure of my coralife pure-flo II that SWF still wont let me return for some reason. Would you reccomend it? Can you share some info about it?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Goodwin, tank still looks awsome.
I have looked up that Merlin RO system and am concidering saving up for it after the failure of my coralife pure-flo II that SWF still wont let me return for some reason. Would you reccomend it? Can you share some info about it?
I would recomend the Merlin. I've had mine about 2 years. I replace the main cartridge every 9 months for $30. when the out going TDS gets above five. In comming to the unit is in the 390's. Works best when using soft water, and water pressure is above 30 PSI, then you don't need a booster pump.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by kayak385
are you retired or just spend as much time at work on your tanks?
Not retired....Seems like I work full time on the tanks, and have a couple of part time jobs to pay for them........

russianspy

WoW, It took forever to go through all those posts. The tank looks really nice. I hope all goes well
I only have one question...are any of your frags taking off nicely and growing rapidly?

hefner413

And any advice for healthy, fast growing frags? I just got my first and am wondering if there's anything I can do. Thanks

deltablack22

Originally Posted by Hefner413
And any advice for healthy, fast growing frags? I just got my first and am wondering if there's anything I can do. Thanks
I would start a thread on it in the reef section instead of burying it in someones tank diary...

deltablack22

I'm asking goodwin directly - he is very helpful. Thanks for your advice tho.
Ahh, my bust... I figured you were just asking in general - recommended a new thread for more visibility.

goodwin9

This is my first attempt with SPS corals so I am not one with a lot of experience or advise. I do know that water quality, lighting, and water movement are keys for them to be successful. I don't think that I am going to see rapid growth with SPS like you might with other types of corals. Looking at them every day, it doesn't appear that there has been much growth, but if I can get around to taking some pictures, maybe I can compare to the pics when they first arriived and check for actual growth.

mike22cha

I think most would come from an online store which we are not allowed to mention the names of other online stores on swf.com's message board.

bigreefer

Hey Goodwin your tank is just incredible! I loved watching the progress. You did at one point have a link to other web cams that had a better picture, what ever happened to that? Thanks for letting us all peer into your home and for turning us all green with envy. Good luck with it all.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by BIGREEFER
Hey Goodwin your tank is just incredible! I loved watching the progress. You did at one point have a link to other web cams that had a better picture, what ever happened to that? Thanks for letting us all peer into your home and for turning us all green with envy. Good luck with it all.
This might be the link you are referring to:
http://dev.dakotareef.com/cam_test/?...80&height=1024
Use the Java Viewer on right right if your are running Windows.