stocklist for a 100g

btldreef

Sounds like the trigger is the aggressor. The angels did live together peacefully before the introduction of the trigger. I wouldn't rule out the angels though, my Coral Beauty took a nice chunk out of my Flame angels face when they had their fight. They both healed over time, but it was ugly.
Sorry to hear about your car. If you can't buy more vitamins, defintely try to add garlic, it has some vitamins (vitamins C) that will help, it's better than nothing.

skate020

yehh i will do, i will try lose the trigger to a shop soon, maybe trade it in for some anthias or something similar? considering the trigger is the only aggresive fish to smaller fish, if i get rid of it then i could happily get maybe 3 anthias or so?

skate020

the emperror hadnt seem to change at all for a couple months, but he's suddenly turned very dramatically, his face is very pale and his body is starting to go yellowy:)
cant wait for the change to be complete:)

skate020

the trigger killed my queen, tomorrow im going to try exchange him for an anthias or two if i can.
should i get another angel or do you think it'll be a bad decision?

btldreef

That sucks! I had my suspicions that it was the trigger.
I'd wait on the anthias or any other fish. Your emperor needs time to heal without the stress of new additions.

skate020

yehh ok, im taking the trigger back in a minute, leaving only the emp, hippo, clowns and damsel in the tank

skate020

been a while since i posted, alot has happend,
the queen died :(
i've got 2 lyretail anthias which i got today, want to get another one tomorrow or so for a trio,
the queen died about a month ago:(
i went away to a festival for a weekend and came back and i had coraline growing out my ears!!
so i had a massive clean up on the tank, all is well other than that.
stock list now is:
1x Emperror angel
1x Hippo tang
1x niger trigger
2x clowns
2x anthias
1x damsel
i want another lyretail and maybe a dwarf angel, or a load more damsels or chromis, or maybe a dwarf angel and a load of chromis.
when the niger gets bigger im going to give him to my dad.

btldreef

Wow, that stinks, I was wondering what happened to you.
yes, you need more LR, I've been telling you this for, well, forever!
Be careful with lyretails, if you're going to add another, do it soon. They get aggressive as they get older, so be prepared, mine are only 7 months old and they beat on each other quite a bit and are starting to get more active with the other fish.

skate020

yehh sorry i've been quite busyy recently.
going to sort out my rock tomorrow i think, as for the lyretails i bought the 3rd and its cool now :)
not adding anything untill my rock is in the tank.
going to change around the carbon tomorrow and give the sump a bit of a clean up and check all params, and if neccisary do a big ish water change.
i topped it off today but didnt check levels so i'll have a look:)
will put up some pictures soon:)

skate020

more of an updatee,
got a load of cyano :( looks horrible, any help of how to get rid of it?
i NEED a UV steriliser but nowhere near me sells one big enough for my tank unless i get a pond one, would that work?
my tank has a hint of green to it, i mean the water is clear but just abit green. so i wanna get that sorted.
i've got a little bit more rock, like maybe 9kg or so.
got 100kg of LR coming soon tho :)
most of it will go in the sump, i'll put it in the DT untill i think it looks good enough then i will use the rest in the sump :)
somebody i know also works at a fish shop not to far from me, which i just found out, and he said he would be more then happy to get me a zebra eel, and a nice one at that. so im thinking maybe get a zebra eel and a rhinopias :) protein skimmer i ordered tonight should be here soon :)
i'll wait 4 weeks after skimmer has settled before adding eel

btldreef

Cyano is usually a sign of not enough flow. Usually more flow and turning the lights back for a day or two will help. But, definitely increase/change your flow.
I've never used a UV sterilizer, so you don't NEED one, but I guess it can't hurt in a FOWLR. I wouldn't keep one in a tank with corals, it does sometimes kill too much of the good stuff.
Is the 100kg of LR cured?
I don't know that much about eels so I can't steer you in one direction or the other with that one.
The water is green?
What are your tests reading?

skate020

ok cool, i'll get another powerhead or two.
and yehh the LR is cured, the water was greenish before the rocks where in.
its not totallt but when you look at it from the side its slightly green,
the readings are all fine except the nitrates are a little high.
but a couple of water changes should sort out the nitrate levels.

btldreef

Water changes will help, but you also need to find the source of the problem. Sometimes it can be something as simple as cleaning out the pump.

skate020

a few updates,
i bought a lion, nice size, cool really healthy, ate frozen from the moment i put him in the tank,
i found both my clowns dead in my sump :/ which im guessing is the reason my tank has been cloudy and nitrates gone up for the past week, they were stuck in the rock so i couldnt see them when trying to do water changes.
got 3 new 12000l/h powerheads in there but i need to re-arrange them because there moving the sand about!
taken the clown out now and going to do a lot of water changes over the next few days.
can you list to me the basic things i need to get the water crystal clear.
i've spent alot on this so i want it to look perfect.

btldreef

What happened to the last lion? Did I miss that?
You need to figure out why all your fish are dying!
As for crystal clear water, firstly, I'd get rid of all the fish to start with, honestly, I would, at least for the time being.
Are you running carbon in any form?
What are all your readings?

skate020

the first lion was like rotting away and died in the QT, i mentioned it about a month or two ago,
readings are as followed:
pH:8.3
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
nitrate: 20
and the fish are dying because they jump into the overflow and starve.
the clowns are the only ones to die in the tank so far, except the queen but that was killed by the trigger.
although saying that about taking out the fish, i cleaned out a internal filter in the sump, renewed the carbon in there (so yehh i have a bag of carbon in a internal filter in the sump) and i cleaned out the pump.
and the water is quite clear now.
not totally, as its still a lil bit green, but ALOT clearer then yesterday,
i had a quick look at the sump system at my LFS and decided to have a go at setting up one similar.
the inlet pipe to the sump has a filter bag around it as a first filter,
then it leads to a layer of bio balls, then some LR, followed by a fuge.
then lastly its got the skimmer and return pump, and something else i didnt have a clue wat it was :/
but im also going to put the internal filter filled with carbon in the last compartment.
im just going to keep up on water changes and eventually get a UV sterilizer fitted if its still abit green.
the current fish are all healthy too,
the emperror about two months ago was in a bad state, would just lye at the bottom of the tank breathing heavily, but i somehow managed to get him better and now he is active, hungry, and always swimming about :)
but also if i cant get the water to stay pretty clear, then i will set up a bucket, (large one) and put all the fish in so the tank can recover.

skate020

i have a couple of new arrivals :)
hope you enjoy them,
also bought myself a new car, thought i'd share a picture of it :)

and then the car :)

cranberry

The fish are really nice, but your frondosa looks to be in hard shape. That's a really bad lip rub they have going on. Your really going to have to work with him to keep water quality up, stress down and all the right nutrients marching his way. The reflection of his eye looks off. Is it cloudy? Can you get a couple more pics of that area?