Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

Well, this is what I posted in the new hobbyist area but figured I would post it here as well. Any help would be much appreciated.
Not good, this morning I get up and see my snails looking very lethargic. My star polyps weren't open like they usually are, although they are open now. My fish seems ok, but who knows. Well I figured I should test the water to make sure everything is ok.
Well, it's not! My ammonia is at or around .25-.35, hard to tell exactly. What should I do? I am going to do a 40% water change, are there any other suggestions? The only thing I did different this week was I used chemiclean red slime remover. I only used the dosage suggested for 10 gallons, I have a Biocube 14. I had some cyano which the chemiclean took care of, plus I have been doing regular water changes, about 15-20% weekly.
My parameters are as follows:
PH-8.05
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Ammonia-.25-.35
Alkalinity-4.5meq/L
Temperature-80-81
Specific Gravity-1.027
The tank is almost two months old. I used cured lr and waited for the cycle, which was over about 5 weeks ago.
Any help or suggestions? I don't want anything to die, but my snails look like they are on their way out. The only other things in my tank are a sixline wrasse and a few different zoa frags.

blazin2k6

now didnt i try telling you to go the natural way and just get a conch ? I try to never use any chemicals in my tank because these are such small enclosed tanks and even the smallest of a difference could crash them in an instant before you even know it. So i think the 40 per water change will be good for it though :) But i think you'll just have to sit it out and wait til it fixes. Probably just caused a cycle or something but i aint no expert :) Well i hope everything lived and if its a couple snails that died you can go buy some more.

subielover

I know blazin, I know. Well I think the water change is pretty much the only thing I can do at this point. Err, makes me mad though. You don't wanna make the hulk angry

rebelprettyboy

The chemi clean didnt do it. I put that stuff in my tank once a month jst cuz I bought it?
Something had to died back in the rocks or something for it to rasie like that overnight.. Not sure what though/
But that water change shoulda helped alot. Just text the water agin after the change and get ready to mix some more saltwater up for another change

subielover

Not sure what else could have possibly done it. I checked the ammonia and it came down to .10-.15, so I will wait 2 days and do a 20% change, check it, and repeat. I just hope my wrasse makes it through

subielover

Just checked my ammonia again, it came down to .05-.10. So that is good, tomorrow I will do another water change. Hopefully that will bring it down to almost zero.

subielover

Ok, here are my test results:
PH-8.1
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Ammonia-0(or extremely close)
Temp-80-81
Specific Gravity-1.027
Looks good I think, I am keeping a close eye on it though.

I was a bit scared though to be honest, I thought the tank was going to crash. It looks like the worst is over

blazin2k6

LOL SUBIELOVER. YOU KNOW I GOT A HECTORS GOBY IN MY JBJ NANO TANK. You have even commented on it before :) Mine eats stuff out of the sand but the ones at the lfs will eat frozen cyclops and stuff. we need some updated pics.

subielover

Oh crap I did know that
I will get some new pics tomorrow. I have some diatoms right now, but I just figure it is due to the fact that the tank is still being pretty new.

subielover

Here are some new pics as requested by our newest father Blazin

Not too much different than before but everybody likes things fresh

subielover

Ok, just got back from the lfs (empty handed
) and they had a 6 headed duncan. About 3 large heads (quarter sized) and 3 babies (dime sized) for sale. They wanted $40. for it, yay or nay on that one?? I am currently accumulating funds at the moment but I want to pick up some stuff in the next week or two. Kinda chompin at the bit to add something new.

rebelprettyboy

Duncans seem to be loosing value about 5-10 per head.. So that bein said I woulda jumed on it. Esp since I want some duncans lol

rebelprettyboy

U need to hurry and stock the ank w some corals lol! Wheresda siz line in the pic?
Why do you have the Koralia and the return thingy facing the same direction?

subielover

The sixline is in there somewhere, he is camera shy though. As soon as I come to the tank he comes over and does his happy dance, where he kind of flips his tailfin to one side and flutters his top fin, he is awesome.
I have the k1 on the same side because I wanted to get a good flow moving across the tank. I think I will eventually add another k1 to the other side.

rebelprettyboy

U gettin some SPS or something?
Hes a good hider (SP) I cant find him anywhere in the pics!
I like ur rocks itll be easy to glue corals in place. U should make one of those flat rocks nothing but zoas! SCHHHWEEET