Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

Well, the k1 is in and let me tell you, there is definitely enough flow now. Not sure the best way to angle them yet, but I can see everything getting blown around pretty good and that was the idea. Now hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to do a water change, if not tomorrow then Sunday, and I can siphon out most of the remaining cyano. Hopefully that will be the end of it. I do wanna get a phosphate test kit though, just to make sure everything is good. Ok, going to have a bon fire.

subielover

Yeah, you are probably right
It's just weird that for the life of me, I cannot see him when the lights go out. I guess that is what he is trying to do, but still he is good

blazin2k6

I am sure its hidden inside a cave or something. My orchid dottyback in my aquapod hides in a cave as soon as i cut the lights out. And my hectors goby in my jbj nano goes and hides in a cave like clockwork before i even cut the lights out. seems like he knows what kind of schedule i have it on or something. LOL. Well you need to post some NEW PICS ! i post tons of pics and get no comments. People taht dont even post pics get more comments than me :( Whats up with that.

subielover

Ok, looks like I will have to get some new pics tomorrow after I do a water change. I wanted to get some pics tonight to show how the cyano problem was going, but I ran out of time and now my actinics are on. The good news is I found myself a decent paying job for once, and we all know what that means...Corals!!!!! So I am pumped to get working and spend all my money on my tank, lol. So pics tomorrow Blazin, I know you live for pics, haha.

Can't wait to see new pics :). My tanks doing great and I am trying to get some new pics up but me and the woman are fighting and I need her PC to upload them :O!!

subielover

I want to get a torch in the next few days, but before I do, does anyone have experience with them in a nano. I know they have sweeper stinging tentacles but with my tank not having much in it, I should be able to place somewhere in the tank that won't be near too much at all. Any opinions
Good or bad let me hear it, thanks peeps!

sman

You might be better with a hammer, the sweepers on a torch get REALLY long, like I never would have belived it unless I seen it kind of long!
Also, my sixline used to, and my blue side does sleep in the sand.

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by sman
http:///forum/post/2734980
You might be better with a hammer, the sweepers on a torch get REALLY long
, like I never would have belived it unless I seen it kind of long!
Also, my sixline used to, and my blue side does sleep in the sand.
Really? I have never seen a sweeper tentacle on my torch. I look at night for it and have yet to see it. I have also read in a couple of books that they don't have a sweeper tentacle but I have heard from many fellow reefers that torches have sweepers as long as 3 inches.

blazin2k6

You know what Subielover, I have a frogspawn in my aquapod and i had a Big giant yuma next to it. and the frogspawn stung the heck out of the yuma. If you go to my diary on my aquapod you can find the pics. ill try to find it and post the thread link if you dont mind :) But they are wonderful cool looking corals. My frogspawn has been growing crazy ever since i spot feed it with some cyclopeeze. I didnt even know they ate. Thought they just lived off the lights.LOL

blazin2k6

sorry for jackin yo thread but check out this pic of my frogspawn and yuma at a war.LOL. Now my yuma is like 2 times smaller than what it used to be :(

subielover

Cool picture, Blazin whenever you wanna post some of your pics on my thread, feel free, you make it look better
I am talking with a local guy here that has torch, he said he had frogspawn too but that it was medium to large size
Anyhow I won't have the money till next Thursday but I plan to probably buy a head of torch then. I just think they look so cool, and also I thought maybe my future clown would host it
Uploading a couple updated shots now...

subielover

A few new shots this morning. If you look back to page 3 of my thread you can see how the cyano looked then. It is looking better, but I am getting ready to do a water change and siphon it out, so I will post after pics in a couple hours

The Full Tank Shot

The worst area of cyano at the moment

Trying to show how purple the rock is getting

My hitchhiker palythoa loving life

This area is where the new powerhead is aimed, it has made a huge difference so far.

Like I said after the water change and the cleaning I will post new pics, so stay tuned

blazin2k6

GO GET YOU a fighting conch. They eat Cyano algae. At least both of mine did :) They just love it. Like whenever i see even a tiny bit on a rock or anywhere i pick my conch up out the sand and place it on the area and it cleans it right away. LOL. They are some cool creatures. :) Well your rockwork looks great and hope you get rid of that stuff soon.

subielover

Got my water change all done, I think I got a good amount of the cyano out. While I was at the LFS, I saw a awesome acan. I think he said it was an australian acan lord or something similar. The guy and I counted at least 28 heads! It was purplish and greenish, it looked awesome!! They were asking $100. for it, not sure if that is good or not. Seemed fair to me, but what do I know. Anyhow here are some more pics with the tank cleaned up a bit.

Anybody have an id on that greenish looking thing??