Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

Rebel-No, I will not be getting any sps, at the moment I do not have any interest in them

I did get a new inhabitant today
I stopped at the LFS and got a tiny tiny tiny false perc. He can't be much more than an inch, he is so cool. I am dripping him now, and by the time I get him in I will only have about 45 mins of actinic time left, so pics will have to wait until tomorrow

subielover

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2752744
I like ur rocks itll be easy to glue corals in place. U should make one of those flat rocks nothing but zoas! SCHHHWEEET
Yeah, I think the rock that has the purple fission zoas on them will be my zoa rock. I will just start putting them on different places and letting them grow out and cover the rock, should be cool. I also have that little maybe 3 inch long piece that you can see in the front of the tank. Right now it has the RDE's and the Pink Zuit that I got from you on it, so eventually that will be covered in zoas too
Now that I have 2 fish, my focus will be on saving to get some nice coral pieces. The fish are really for my girlfriends daughter, although I really like them too!

subielover

Yeah man how bout it, Blazin has got some deep pockets
good for him though, he is my idol
Ok, I will snap one of the little fella while he is being dripped, brb.

subielover

Obviously this pic is pretty rough, but hopefully it will hold you over till tomorrow till I can get some nicer pics

One question though, my salinity in my tank is kept at 35, the water that the perc is in is at 30! How long should I drip him for? Until they match, because that could take awhile, little help please.

rebelprettyboy

idk 3-4 hours? Pour about half a cup of ur water in there to make it go faster! I sually while its drippin ill add about 1-2 cups of my water in there just because

Hes a little baby!
Guess ill try to snap a few pics of my fish!

blazin2k6

vERY NCE PICS. and yes you better grab some coral before i buy up all of it :) HAHA. I dont think i could possibly do that but ok if you say so. LOOKS NICE.

subielover

Couple of pics with the lights out, I had to use a flash so it does look a bit weird but oh well. I thought once I put him in that he would hide in the rocks, WRONG! He has just been swimming out in the open, so cool

Thanks for the comments blazin and rebel, I appreciate them

subielover

Both fish seem to be doing well together. Suprisingly the sixline didn't attack the clown, I don't know why but I was worried that he would be territorial but as of now they are getting along swimmingly
I just fed a little bit of flake and the clown picked at it a little bit so I thought that was a good sign, of course my sixline was flying around the tank eating every thing he could. I will try to post some pics of both of them a little later.

subielover

Here are a few more attempts at getting a shot of these fish.

I know they kinda stink, but it is hard to get one of them, especially together.

blazin2k6

Fish are fast. If only we could be like an xman and have FREEZE abilities. And we could FREEZE Them in motion and have perfect pics always. HAHAHAA. Nice pics though bro :) Keep it up and tank is coming along good. Glad you are taking it slow and smooth unlike some people. who rushhhh and then ask questions later.

rebelprettyboy

Sweet u finally got some pics of the sixline.
I dont know whatever happened to mine? I figured my Coral Beauty killed it since the six line was always where the coral beauty was and plus the coral beauty was way bigger

subielover

Nothing much new, except that I am getting a piece(one head) of torch.
I am hoping that my clown will decide to host it
After I added the clown I did have a tiny ammonia spike, up to maybe .05 but by the next day it was back down to zero. I have read that the small spike is typical when adding to the bioload. The tank looks the best that it has, I have a small amount of hair algae, but the sand has really cleaned up nicely. I am thinking that my last fish will be a bicolor blenny, they seem to have a lot of personality. Probably won't get one though for another month or two.

subielover

Kinda weird thing just happened. I was taking a look at my bag of purigen, I moved it around and I saw at least 5 probably amphipods in the bag of purigen! I just wanted to share because I thought it was really strange. Now that I am thinking about it they are actually in the safest spot in the tank. My sixline is a monster and devours anything that moves on the rocks.

subielover

I took a few more pics of my clown just because I was bored. Not too much new, like I said in an earlier post I am going to be getting a single head of torch next week so I am excited about that. Another cool thing is that my ph has now become very stable at 8.2, it had been around 8.0 up until about a week ago. I think the fuge may be helping to keep it stable
Anywho hope everyone likes the couple of pics here, still trying to figure out the best settings to use while taking pics of the tank.

I like this pic because of my sixline playing peek-a-boo