Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

Thanks everyone for the comments.
Rebel- I can't post links, just do a google search on rowaphos, lots of information out there. It seems to be the best at removing excess phosphates. I figure my fuge will take care of the nitrates, they are between 1 and 2 so basically no nitrates. I don't have a test for phosphates yet, but I bet they are high considering how much algae I have. Of course I just started mixing my own sw, 2 water changes ago. I think the rowaphos, along with chemi-pure, purigen and a fuge with chaeto and I should have a tank with very little algae in the next month or two. I have also been toying with the idea of building my own stand, and putting a 5 gallon turf scrubber in the bottom that would be plumbed into the back of my tank somehow.

whisk

how do the blenny and the six line get along? that shot of the two together is freak'n awesome.

subielover

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2814433
how do the blenny and the six line get along? that shot of the two together is freak'n awesome.
Thanks
So far so good. The first 10 seconds after I added the bicolor the sixline was pissed. After that there hasn't been a single issue. They will swim past each other, next to each other. Really for the most part the blenny just perches in his big cave and the sixline just swims by every minute or so looking for pods. Then every 1-2 minutes the bicolor blenny swims around and starts munching on algae, he does that for about 10-15 seconds, then right back to one of his caves
It is wonderful to watch. I haven't spent this much time looking at my tank since I put my sixline in.
Long term, everyone is being watched, if I have to any fish will be removed at anytime, no iffs ands or butts
That is the way it goes down in Subielover's tank

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2814483
Thanks
So far so good. The first 10 seconds after I added the bicolor the sixline was pissed. After that there hasn't been a single issue. They will swim past each other, next to each other. Really for the most part the blenny just perches in his big cave and the sixline just swims by every minute or so looking for pods. Then every 1-2 minutes the bicolor blenny swims around and starts munching on algae, he does that for about 10-15 seconds, then right back to one of his caves
It is wonderful to watch. I haven't spent this much time looking at my tank since I put my sixline in.
Long term, everyone is being watched, if I have to any fish will be removed at anytime, no iffs ands or butts
That is the way it goes down in Subielover's tank

thats how it goes in mckevinfang's tank also

cant wait till most of the algae is gone itll make your tank look a lot nicer

subielover

Thanks everyone. Hopefully the algae will be much much less soon. Blenny is eating like a pig, and it doesn't seem to be growing at the rate that it was before. So that is good news

As for my car Alex, I have a clutch waiting to go in. I was thinking of doing the timing belt at the same time, because the 01 Impreza has about 94k miles on her

nissan577

oh well thats good. i wanna go on the road trip but not with this baby. hopefully i sold it already and ill be driving my GTI!

subielover

Tank is looking better, algae is definitely not spreading like it was, now I just have to stay on top of it. I am just treating this as a learning experience.

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2816050
Thanks bro. I had a 88 Accord with 196k before it really started to get bad. That was in my college days

NO PROB

lol. i got my car for $1500 2 years ago with only 95,000+ miles lol i hope it doesnt break down on me soon