Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

I have been watching the weirdest thing. My duncans were using the bathroom(#2lol) and my sixline thought this was a delicacy. It seemed that the duncans enjoyed it too. The duncans would puff up then retract and the excrement would come out of their mouth. Then the sixline would wait and very gently, it seemed, take it right out of the duncans mouth and eat it. Wow, that was a first. My girlfriend asked me what I was doing, I tried explaining to her, she said and I quote "You have a problem!"
Maybe I do

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2816056
NO PROB

lol. i got my car for $1500 2 years ago with only 95,000+ miles lol i hope it doesnt break down on me soon

make sure you do the air filter, timing belt/chain, plugs, wires, change motor oil/filter and trans oil... those are things I typically do when picking up a used car with miles. I double check cv boots, joints, and halfshafts too when applicable. I'm kinda weird about that stuff and I don't like bying a car that hasn't been maintained either lol... I like seeing those receipts and logs.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2816848
I have been watching the weirdest thing. My duncans were using the bathroom(#2lol) and my sixline thought this was a delicacy. It seemed that the duncans enjoyed it too. The duncans would puff up then retract and the excrement would come out of their mouth. Then the sixline would wait and very gently, it seemed, take it right out of the duncans mouth and eat it. Wow, that was a first. My girlfriend asked me what I was doing, I tried explaining to her, she said and I quote "You have a problem!"
Maybe I do

ROFL @ Clerks 2... interspecies ero-tica.

subielover

Well right now I am trying to save some money to make a trip to one of our fellow reefers house and pick up a bunch of corals that he is holding for me. Sucks because I am so busy the next 3 weekends, oh well good things come to those who wait

nissan577

i cant wait for new pics of your corals man! i love your tank on how your taking it slow! i love it i love it i love it!
lol

subielover

Pics are going to be coming. I am doing a water change tomorrow, so again I will be pulling out the algae
Anyhow I got a phosphate test kit today to see what they were, thinking that an elevated phosphate reading was my reason for the algae. But it was zero
I guess its possible that the algae ate all the phosphates, not too sure. I also got more help, I picked up a trochus snail and another turbo and a nice red and white feather duster. They are acclimating now, and I will post pics when they are in and settled.

subielover

Here are pics of the newly arrived feather duster.
Came out almost right away. Tomorrow after I get a lot of algae out during the water change I will post some full tank shots.

subielover

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2821963
PSSSSSSSSSSH! best dang worm I ever seen. Awesome colors. I'm jealous. You win.

Thanks. Usually my lfs has some brown feather dusters and stuff but when I saw this one I really liked it so I jumped on it.

subielover

Thanks for the compliments. I actually ended up doing the water change yesterday. I didn't get all the algae out, I was siphoning water as I was doing it and took out 5 gallons so I stopped there. I will work on it again in a few days. I definitely got a lot out, but there is definitely still a lot in the tank. But with my nitrates under 5 and my phosphates at 0, I highly doubt that it will be able to grow very fast at all, so now it is just a matter of me getting it out. One cool thing, is that my blenny seems to be able to pick at the rocks where I pulled hair algae but left just a bit behind. Also this morning when I woke up, my new turbo was in a clump of hair algae so that is promising. I will post some pics after I go to a cheerleading competition today