Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

spanko

Very nice. Looks like algae is becomming a non issue. How is the sun coral doing? Are you feeding it regularly? Does it open at all during the day or just at night?

subielover

Thanks guys for the comments. The sun coral usually starts to open an hour or so before the actinics go off. This is generally when I start feeding. I feed any of the heads that are open, then stop and wait awhile until more heads open and repeat. I have been feeding it at least twice a week, probably 3 times a week. My duncans are starting to extend again, now that the bicolor blenny is gone. So I am happy about that, I was just hoping that it wasn't too late. As far as the algae, it came down to a lot of elbow grease. The snails help, but just keeping at it was what did it. I still have it and probably always will, but it is much more controlled now, and when viewing the tank, you don't really notice it. So now it is time for more coral

mboswell1982

so u got rid of the bicolor? did u replace him with anything? and what does your stock list look like?
and can anyone chime in on my thread about some good beginner corals and what not? lol

subielover

Fish:
False Percula Clown
Sixline Wrasse
Inverts:
1 Mexican Turbo
2 Caribbean Turbo
2 Trochus
5 Cerith
3 Nassarius
1 Feather Duster
There are also a few stomatellas and other hitchhikers as well.
Coral:
Torch
Acans
Brown star polyps
Sun coral
Zoanthids-Pink zuit suits, RDE's, purple fission
Duncans
Blastomussas
I think that is all right now.

mboswell1982

so what would be some good beginner corals for me an my gf to start out on? and we want something thats really really colorful as well :p

subielover

Few more from today. As you can see, with the bicolor blenny now gone, my duncans are starting to get comfy again

subielover

I think my next additions are going to be some frogspawn, rics, some nicer zoas and hopefully some micromussas if I can track some down

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2847637
I think my next additions are going to be some frogspawn, rics, some nicer zoas and hopefully some micromussas if I can track some down

if u want some micros then u wanna look at reefdoctors micromussas

blazin2k6

Ok so i am getting jealous of all of your tanks now :( Yalls are looking way better than mine. and ahhhh good work bro :)

subielover

Just got done feeding the tank, I just snapped a couple random pics. Nothing too special but I know we all like pics so...

whisk

it is a nice feather duster. What do you feed it Subie? or do you just let it collect leftover food particles?