Sure you can have health insurance (not sure how you will pay for it).

2quills

In terms of economics,  how does it benefit society by spending 3-5K a month on someone who cant even wipe their own ss.
Why does it have to be about benefiting society if a family can afford it and it doesn't burden you or take more money from your family through taxes?

2quills

You bet I take advantage of the same tax loopholes in that flawed system.  Why wouldn't I?  A fool and his money are soon parted.  But I also see how the other side lives, and how they are left behind because of these same laws.  Our tax system is corrupt, and awards those at the top of the food chain while hosing those who are on the bottom.  I find it laughable when someone like Romney whose known to be worth over $250 million, has the same effective tax rate as an individual who makes $60,000/year.  I do find charitable venues that allow me to help those who need help.  I have the luxury of doing that.  But you have others, many Republicans, that are in the same position as myself that would walk over someone destitute before handing them a dime.  "I've got mine.  Keep your stinking hands off it. Sucks to be you."
I find it laughable that you find it laughable that Romney found a way to make his wealth work to his benefit in the same breath that you say you'd do the very same thing if given the chance. I don't know if you're laughing at yourself, criticizing yourself or just being plain hypocritical. :%%:
Romney doesn't do charity now? He gives more than Obama, and quite possibly more than you. But you're right. He's probably a keep your hands off mine type of guy and you sir most certainly are not are you?
Gotta love that sweet deal on insurance that you have through your wife's company. I mean come on, who wouldn't want free ******? Oh, wait..You made a point of not using the stuff. I'm sure you weren't actually looking, you just happened to notice. :laughing:

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer
http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/100#post_3539418
In terms of economics, how does it benefit society by spending 3-5K a month on someone who cant even wipe their own ss.
Why does it have to be about benefiting society if a family can afford it and it doesn't burden you or take more money from your family through taxes?
Got it, I was thinking Medicare was paying that much. Seems like a real waste of cash to me but for others I guess some things transcend economics. It's their money they can spend it how they please.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539445
Got it, I was thinking Medicare was paying that much. Seems like a real waste of cash to me but for others I guess some things transcend economics. It's their money they can spend it how they please.
Medicaid covers a portion of an individual's care when it comes to being house in a assisted living facility. The person has to prove they have no other sources of income, with the exception of SS payments. Based on your responses on this subject, you'd prefer we take all these people who can't "wipe their rears" out to some field and put them out of their misery. *** TOS Violation ***

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539442
I find it laughable that you find it laughable that Romney found a way to make his wealth work to his benefit in the same breath that you say you'd do the very same thing if given the chance. I don't know if you're laughing at yourself, criticizing yourself or just being plain hypocritical.

Romney doesn't do charity now? He gives more than Obama, and quite possibly more than you. But you're right. He's probably a keep your hands off mine type of guy and you sir most certainly are not are you?
Gotta love that sweet deal on insurance that you have through your wife's company. I mean come on, who wouldn't want free ******? Oh, wait..You made a point of not using the stuff. I'm sure you weren't actually looking, you just happened to notice.

Romney got his money from his family, then used that to form equity firms that gutted struggling companies of their profits and resources, and sold the leftovers for massive profits. When he was running for President, his 2011 tax return showed he had an income of around $100K, yet his known wealth was over $250 million. That's the beauty of our tax system. You only pay taxes on earned income, minus any allowable deductions. The "allowable deductions" is where the wealthy have the advantage over the middle and lower classes. When's the last time you did a Schedule A where you claimed more deductions that the designated standard deduction? Unless you have large property taxes and interest on allowable loans like a home mortgage, or massive medical bills, most middle income families take the standard deduction.

Never said Romney didn't contribute to charities. Gives more than Obama? You have proof of that? Obama doesn't have Romney wealth, so it's really not a valid comparison. As for myself, I contribute where I can. The difference between me and you is I have no issues with people who take assistance if they truly need it. I don't look down on an individual and stereotype them if they are on food stamps or getting welfare assistance because in most cases I don't know their financial situation, and how they got to the point of needing that kind of help. Yes, there are a multitude of individuals out there that take advantage of the system, and those people I have no mercy for, and wouldn't give them a dime if they asked for it.

The day I need ****** is the day I give up sex completely.

2quills

Romney got his money from his family, then used that to form equity firms that gutted struggling companies of their profits and resources, and sold the leftovers for massive profits.  When he was running for President, his 2011 tax return showed he had an income of around $100K, yet his known wealth was over $250 million.  That's the beauty of our tax system.  You only pay taxes on earned income, minus any allowable deductions.  The "allowable deductions" is where the wealthy have the advantage over the middle and lower classes.  When's the last time you did a Schedule A where you claimed more deductions that the designated standard deduction?  Unless you have large property taxes and interest on allowable loans like a home mortgage, or massive medical bills, most middle income families take the standard deduction.
Never said Romney didn't contribute to charities.  Gives more than Obama?  You have proof of that?  Obama doesn't have Romney wealth, so it's really not a valid comparison.  As for myself, I contribute where I can.  The difference between me and you is I have no issues with people who take assistance if they truly need it.  I don't look down on an individual and stereotype them if they are on food stamps or getting welfare assistance because in most cases I don't know their financial situation, and how they got to the point of needing that kind of help.  Yes, there are a multitude of individuals out there that take advantage of the system, and those people I have no mercy for, and wouldn't give them a dime if they asked for it.
The day I need ****** is the day I give up sex completely.
Actually Aggiei don't have a problem with assisting those who need it who've actually contributed to the system, who've worked and earned it. I do have a problem with giving it away to those who just take take take and never give including. Violent felons, sex offenders etc. Are we covering those people now. My idea of assistance isn't paving their way through life for them.

reefraff

As usual the Democrats ignored the real problem. They only look for ways to make people be dependent on government aid because they think it will buy them votes.

You want to help the poor give them a job. You want to decrease crime create laws that punish criminals. You want to make health care affordable deal with the costs. What are we paying for all the new bureaucracies created by 0bama care? Additional IRS agents, Health care navigators, healtcare.gov etc? And for what? So most of those newly insured are doing so due to additional welfare subsidies or going on Medicaid? Meanwhile those who pay their own way have seen their insurance premiums spike the last few years and we are going to add another trillion to the debt and what is the net gain? According to the Congressional Budget Office report in ten years we will have 31 million uninsured as opposed to 30 million when this abortion was passed.
But take heart gentle people. Nancy Pelosi says it will be a great thing that a couple million people will be able to quit their job to paint or stay home with the kids because they will get what is nothing more than welfare payments to buy insurance.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539453
Quote:
http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539445
Medicaid covers a portion of an individual's care when it comes to being house in a assisted living facility. The person has to prove they have no other sources of income, with the exception of SS payments. Based on your responses on this subject, you'd prefer we take all these people who can't "wipe their rears" out to some field and put them out of their misery. *** TOS Violation ***
No , I'd invite them all into your backyard and call it the AggieAlum Assembly of Ancient Ass wipers.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539457
As usual the Democrats ignored the real problem. They only look for ways to make people be dependent on government aid because they think it will buy them votes.

You want to help the poor give them a job. You want to decrease crime create laws that punish criminals. You want to make health care affordable deal with the costs. What are we paying for all the new bureaucracies created by 0bama care? Additional IRS agents, Health care navigators, healtcare.gov etc? And for what? So most of those newly insured are doing so due to additional welfare subsidies or going on Medicaid? Meanwhile those who pay their own way have seen their insurance premiums spike the last few years and we are going to add another trillion to the debt and what is the net gain? According to the Congressional Budget Office report in ten years we will have 31 million uninsured as opposed to 30 million when this abortion was passed.
But take heart gentle people. Nancy Pelosi says it will be a great thing that a couple million people will be able to quit their job to paint or stay home with the kids because they will get what is nothing more than welfare payments to buy insurance.
What jobs. You mean the one's making poverty wages?

We have laws that punish criminals. Problem is, they find good lawyers to get them off. Zimmerman is a prime example.

I agree completely about dealing with the costs. Problem is, the Republicans are deep in bed with the medical providers and drug makers, they'd never create any laws that would regulate the prices.

No, a couple of million will get to stay home because they'll no longer be tied to a job just so they can have affordable health insurance. How many millions over the age of 65 sit at home getting Medicare on the taxpayer's dime? Phixer has a solution for that problem. Euthanasia. He's in the process of building an Auschwitz-like camp in his backyard.

darthtang aw

So where to begin. Bionicarm has posted so much wrong information and double speak this is going to be hard. But here we go.
You watch too much Hannity. 
I don't watch Hannity. But regardless this has no bearing on the discussion. It is just your way to discredit someone's information without truly discrediting.
My wife's insurance is cheaper because they have over 15,000 employees nationwide paying into the same insurance system.  When you have that many individuals paying into a plan, the provider is going to give them significant cost incentives. 
Really? Then doing some simple math because the corporation picks up 70% of your wifes premium and you guys only pay 30%, we quickly see your entire premium's true cost per month is near 1200 dollars. Should we compare your plans true cost to other plans on the market? Does the 15,000 employee pool make a dent in that compared to private insurance?
As far as the hospitals getting tax breaks?  Of course they do.  But they also pay a significant price for providing those benefits to their employees.  Why do you think it's the norm now to hire contract workers as opposed to hiring individuals to work directly for the company?  A corporation can save at least 30% in overhead costs by hiring contractors because they don't have to provide them benefits.  When a corporation hires someone directly for $20/hr, they are actually paying that individual $45/hr when you roll in all the benefits.  On the flip side, they can hire a contractor for the same job for $35/hr flat rate and come out ahead.
I never said the tax break was a bad thing. Just pointed out this is why they provide and pay for so much of your medical insurance. The rest of the paragraph has no correlation with ACA or the health insurance industry, so you may as well have Typed about pink donkeys licking rainbows.
Private insurance was never intended to be affordable.  It's always been that lonely alternative for those who don't work for large corporations or employers that provide benefits like health insurance, 401k's, vacation time, sick leave, etc. 
Interesting...So what was the point of ACA? Wasn't it supposed to make private insurance affordable for those that dont have access to to corporate funded health insurance? You are contradicting yourself here and making no sense.
  However, there are millions of individuals that aren't in our financial positions that have an alternative.  Prior to ACA being implemented, if those individuals were to quit their corporate jobs that provide those types of benefits, they'd be homeless or destitute by the time they reached retirement if they had to go to the ridiculous private insurance route you apparently have chosen to use. Unless they are on medicaid, they still have to go the private insurance route. Sure they might get a small subsidy...but when the cheapest plan for a family of three starts at almost 500 a month.......The average middle class family forced to use private insurance can not afford that even with a subsidy.
If the idiot Tea Baggers would've given the full plan a chance to work, and kept the lawsuits out of the Supreme Court, we would've been able to find out if it was flawed or not.  Now that option is off the table?  Who knows how to fix it to get the overall costs down with the exception of more individuals joining the program to get the overall costs reduced.
So it is the fault of the Tea Baggers that the democrats wrote a law that was not legal to write? That is the job of the congress, to write proper legal laws. Or do you believe the supreme court should weigh in on issues such as Roe VS. Wade only. I dont see you complaining about that over stepping of power by states trying to ban abortion.
Half the doctors in Texas don't take Medicaid because they can't get paid. 
They get paid, they just get paid significantly less and have higher administration costs to do so. Why accept something that pays you half and costs you double to perform, when there are other alternatives. Regardless, until Texas Doctors accept medicaid on a larger scale, Texas can't sustain the medicaid increase of patients from a logistics stance. This is not the Fault of the governor...nor the state.
The Feds offered Rick Perry millions in Medicaid aide and he refused it. He claims "Texans can take care of their own people", yet children of lower income families can't get low-cost medical care because of it. 
Now that is an outright lie meant to tear at heart strings and try to make your viewpoint more defesable. Poor children are covered in Texas by Medicaid if enrolled. It is the adults that the expansion is not happening for.
Senior citizens are getting their benefits reduced to the point that they can't afford to stay in their nursing homes because their SS benefits don't cover all the bill. Link please. I did several google searchs concerning senior citizens having benefits reduced in Texas and nothing turned up.
Patent laws for drugs are a joke.  You know why drug companies have to file those patents in the first place, and play those ridiculous rules?  The FDA.  You know how many of the drugs you use every day that you say these companies deserved to charge these ridiculous prices are readily available in Europe and in other foreign countries for half the cost?  Because they aren't shouldered by the antiquated laws set forth by the FDA to get a new drug approved to even get a patent or go on the market in the first place.
Finally, a semi Valid complaint about cost. This we can discuss.Reducing the cost of prescriptions Is a valid topic. But to truly discuss I must give you a quick lesson on a number of things, that explain why the cost is the way it is outside of the Patent reason.
1. The U.S. accounts for over 50% of the R&D in the medical field for the entire world. Some is funded by government, But half is funded by private entities.
2. While I do find it comical in another thread you were praising the FDA for keeping things safe for consumers in this country which once again shows a conflicting logic within your arguement. Either the FDA does a good job keeping people safe enforcing things, or they are corrupt and only out for money?
However, Your FDA point is valid...to an extent. For a longtime the FDA did not allow foreign Purchases of prescriptions. Now with the invention of the internet a good many prescription drugs can be ordered from other countries for as much as a 50% cost reduction. However this is only for select drugs that have been on the market for a long time and minimal risk of counterfeitting because of this. However the drugs still covered under patent do no apply, since they are still being monitored for potential lawsuits...as well as counterfeiting new drugs can pose a serious health risk to many U.S. citizens. The same FDA laws are not followed by other countries and thus counterfeits have shown up. Lipito was the most recent, before their patent ran out there was counterfeit lipitor invading the U.S. market at half the cost...but none of the benefits and several deadly side effects.
3. Since the ACA bill was only written and passed by democrats one would think, since they are the party that "cares" they could have put in a stipulation that the federal government buys all prescriptions from the companies and negotiates price....this is how most other countries do it. Thus why most prescriptions are 75% less compared to our cost.....a true cost reducing measure....Probably because they agree with the U.S. citizens unintentionally subsidizing Europe's prescriptions...this way they can keep pointing at Europes healthcare as ideal for cost reduction.
There is so much more information I could impart concern Prescription drug laws implemented by the FDA but it would probably cloud the discussion further than it already has.
My sister-in-law used to fly to Paris three times a year to obtain an "experimental drug" to fight her ovarian cancer that the FDA wasn't planning to approve for another 10 - 15 years.  It saved her life.  There are countless other drugs available overseas that are known to save lives and cure diseases that aren't available in the US because of stupid FDA regulations. 
This sounds good when spoken. And many might agree with you. But I have to ask, if this is truly the case....how come European men have only a 47.3 percent five-year survival rate, compared to a 66.3 percent in the U.S. concerning all forms of cancer. European women have a 55.8 percent chance of being alive five years after being diagnosed with any type of cancer, compared to 62.9 percent of American women. In the U.S. breast, Thyroid, Prostate and skin cancer are higher than 90 percent, Europe can't match that. Yet they have all these miracle unapproved prescriptions we don't have.....Should their survival rate atleast equal ours if not surpass it?
I agree completely about dealing with the costs. Problem is, the Republicans are deep in bed with the medical providers and drug makers, they'd never create any laws that would regulate the prices.
Yet ACA is a PURE democrat written and passed bill. Not one single republican signed on or contributed. All of the republican input was thrown out and ignored. So since ACA did not deal with any aspects of costs in the medical field, your statement should read " Problem is, the Democrats are deep in bed with the medical providers and drug makers, they'd never create any laws that would regulate the prices."
How many millions over the age of 65 sit at home getting Medicare on the taxpayer's dime? 
Everyone pays in to medicare the same percentage based off how much they make. They are getting back their taxes they paid in.
Editted to add...an price regulations placed on the medical industry will reduce medical research and development considerably. I am unsure if the trade out is worth it. I would have to see more indepth numbers and think on this further.

2quills

Regardless, until Texas Doctors accept medicaid on a larger scale, Texas can't sustain the medicaid increase of patients from a logistics stance. This is not the Fault of the governor...nor the state.
Ironically, we have one of the strongest and fastest growing economies of any other state. And yet democrats would have you believe that the reason we have so many uninsured people is because they are all so poor and they can't afford it. Yet numbers are beginning to show that the Latino population is not flocking to Obama care either.
That government aid that Aggie keeps talking about comes with strings attached for republicans. So no I don't think Perry plans on forcing down the throats of people who don't appear to want it too badly anyways.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539491
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539457

What jobs. You mean the one's making poverty wages?

We have laws that punish criminals. Problem is, they find good lawyers to get them off. Zimmerman is a prime example.

No, a couple of million will get to stay home because they'll no longer be tied to a job just so they can have affordable health insurance. How many millions over the age of 65 sit at home getting Medicare on the taxpayer's dime? Im sad because I cant take being wrong all the time.
Aggie you've been getting beat like a rented mule lately. Dismantling your arguments is like the riding the village bicycle... everyone gets a turn.

Zimmerman wasnt acquitted because he had a better attorney, (same arguement as Simpson) Zimmerman was found to be innocent by a jury of his peers for two reasons:

1) Because he was innocent.
2) There was insufficient evidence to prove anything else.

Had nothing to do with his lawyer, both sides chose their own legal counsel.

Im glad he was acquitted, the man was innocent.

darthtang aw

Romney got his money from his family, then used that to form equity firms that gutted struggling companies of their profits and resources, and sold the leftovers for massive profits.  His firm also saved many companies...Office depot comes to mind. 22% of the companies Bain capital invested in eventually went bankrupt/closed/sold off during the 8 year investment loan period. meaning the rest became viable entities during the bain investment period.
When he was running for President, his 2011 tax return showed he had an income of around $100K, yet his known wealth was over $250 million.  That's the beauty of our tax system.  You only pay taxes on earned income, minus any allowable deductions.  .
Liar. Romney paid 1.93 million in taxes that year. Read his taxes statements which are now public record. I will even go so far as to tell you he paid almost 14% of his income in taxes.
Never said Romney didn't contribute to charities.  Gives more than Obama?  You have proof of that? 
The Obama family charitable percentages over the years.Previous years before 2002 are all similar to 2002 numbers.
2002 .4% of his income. Income equalled 260,000
2003 1.4% of his income. Income equalled 240,000
2004 1.2% Income was 207,000 dollars
2005 4.7% donations. income was 1.66 million
2006 6.1% Income was 980,000
2007 6.5% charitable donations Income 4.2 million
2008 6.3% charity Income 2.6 million
2009 31% to charity (primarily the nobel peace prize) Income 5.5 million
2010 14% to charity around 1.9 million income
2011 22% to charity 790,000 income
All I can find on Romney
2010 14% to charity 21.7 million income
2011 19.2% to charity 20.9 million income

2quills

Wise up.   Zimmerman was acquitted because he was found to be innocent by a jury of his peers.   Had nothing to do with his lawyer,  both sides chose their own council.
There was never evidence enough to convict in the first place as was the conclusion in the initial police investigation. We wasted all of that time and money because the parents lawyer and media would have us believe that the kkk was going after one of the Cosby kids or something.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539521
Quote:
http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/120#post_3539518
Zimmerman was acquitted because he was found to be innocent by a jury of his peers. Had nothing to do with his lawyer, both sides chose their own council.
There was never evidence enough to convict in the first place as was the conclusion in the initial police investigation. We wasted all of that time and money because the parents lawyer and media would have us believe that the kkk was going after one of the Cosby kids or something.

Thats true, I really dont know why the judge allowed it to go to trial without sufficient evidence. Racist people come in all ethnicticities. Did you hear about the guy that was found guilty for shooting into a car of kids that wouldnt turn their radio down? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-shoots-teen-loud-music-article-1.1209345

Wonder where the cops were?

2quills

Thats true,  I really dont know why the judge allowed it to go to trial without sufficient evidence.  Racist people come in all ethnicticities.  Did you hear about the guy that was found guilty for shooting into a car of kids that wouldnt turn their radio down?  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-shoots-teen-loud-music-article-1.1209345
Yeah but that guy there is going to prison. His own wife is damning his testimony. We'll have to come back to this another time, another place.

darthtang aw

Thats true,  I really dont know why the judge allowed it to go to trial without sufficient evidence.  Racist people come in all ethnicticities.  Did you hear about the guy that was found guilty for shooting into a car of kids that wouldnt turn their radio down?  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-shoots-teen-loud-music-article-1.1209345
There was just enough evidence to convince a grand jury (dont need much in most cases) but not quite enough to guarantee a conviction.