Swine Flu

K

kikithemermaid

On TV it said it's closing schools in New York, Texas and California and that it could be "the big one". Anyone worried?

shogun323

How crazy. I've always said we need a good plague. Now if only I could control the places it hits. Hmmmmmm

alyssia

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/3028865
On TV it said it's closing schools in New York, Texas and California and that it could be "the big one". Anyone worried?
Didn't they also say this about the bird flu?

bionicarm

They've already shut an entire school district down here in a community outside San Antonio. Three kids came down with it, including one entire family, and now they've told 12,000 kids to stay home this entire week. They've requested these people do not congregate in large groups, and to stay home as much as possible. Yea right. One family even acknowledged that they may go to Schlitterbahn, one of the largest water parks in the country, while the kids are off this week. They figured that if none of them are exhibiting symptoms, why should they stay locked up at home?

oscardeuce

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3028879
They've already shut an entire school district down here in a community outside San Antonio. Three kids came down with it, including one entire family, and now they've told 12,000 kids to stay home this entire week. They've requested these people do not congregate in large groups, and to stay home as much as possible. Yea right. One family even acknowledged that they may go to Schlitterbahn, one of the largest water parks in the country, while the kids are off this week. They figured that if none of them are exhibiting symptoms, why should they stay locked up at home?
Ah, what idiots. I'm sure the press will overplay this one to the point where if we really needed to be worried, people will react the same.
That is what has me worried.

bionicarm

My daughter has a head cold right now. None of these symptoms for the swine flu. But I'm betting I'll be getting a call today telling me my daughter shouldn't be at school today because she MAY have the swine flu. Thyat's what bothers me. Anyone who even sniffles or looks remotely sick will get told to go home and stay there.
Hey crimzy - how will this outbreak play out on your theory about people calling in sick for work?

lil.guppy

I was watching the news just a bit ago and I did not hear anything about school closings and then bama comes on saying there is no worry. Makes me wonder if they are hiding alot of information so the US does not freak out.

darthtang aw

So this is how they are going to combat the drug cartels......create a virus that kills hundreds of mexicans...interesting.

bs21

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3029054
good lord how many cases of the pig flu are there in the usa? 45 or 50. This is rediculous.
EXACTLY! this is another case of media doing the doom and gloom worst case. I am under the impression that this is not as bad as its being made out to be. Wash hands frequently and just be a sanitary person. Which is what we should be doing anyway swine flu or not.

bionicarm

It's just another strain of flu. The only difference is this one seems to be spreading faster than other flu's that have been around. At least that's the perception the government is giving everyone. I agree they are overblowing the severity of this thing. This kid who contracted it in the San Antonio area has now been quarantined in his home with the rest of his family for the next ten days. They say Tamiflu is helping wiht the symptoms, and they are already feeling better. Hope the parents have enough vacation and sick time stored up. Now 12,000 kids will have to spend an extra week of their summer vacation making up for the lost week. One parent is already screaming about it because their family was planning on leaving for Hawaii the first day school let out.

lovethesea

They just don't want people to be complacent. I would rather say "it was much to do about nothing" rather than "why didn't they warn us" Since the flu shot will not cover this, they know how bad and how fast it CAN it.
I know there are millions of people who don't wash there hands after the restroom much less wash their hands regularly during a flu outbreak. Some people are selfish when they are sick and don't take precautions. I tell my kids to sneeze towards your shoes, sneeze on your arm etc to prevent spreading germs. Sneezes are 100mph of germs flying everywhere. WASH HANDS!!!!!
Schools, sudways, concerts etc. anwhere where a lot of people are in a confined place. It is going to get worse in Mexico IMO.

meowzer

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3028998
It's infecting CA, NY, and TX, huh? Looks like Florida is posed to become the largest state by. pop.

ANd yet something else that won't waste it's time coming to Oklahoma

AHHHH..the benefits of living in the country