taking a new direction

snakeblitz33

You as soon as you send them to me!! Haha
Naa, someone from this site.
I hope I can get more corals given to me. Lol I guess I'm doing something right! Lol

E

eric b 125

its coming along. still havent started cycling the rock yet. its just sitting in a trash can with fresh water. i think i might give it a vinegar bath before the cycle. yesterday i got a nice acro frag for real cheap. its got four stalks, the longest of which is about 4". its a pretty decent sized frag for $14. i'll take some pics tomorrow.
i have a 30 gallon breeder with a mh/ pc fixture, two koralia 4's and a koralia 2 just sitting around and i think i'm going to turn it into a softie reef with just real colorful mushroom polyps and zoas. toss a frog fish in there and call it a tank. thoughts on this?

E

eric b 125

heres a quick pic of that new acro. its brown/ orange (i have a hard time differentiating between some colors) with dark brown/ almost black polyps that cant be picked up by the iPhone. either way, you can see that its got some size to it for $14.

E

eric b 125

i guess i will start cycling the rock tomorrow. i would really like for this to be the last re-aquascape until i move and upgrade. i HATE moving sps around because they are so brittle and break easily. i'm trying to think of other things that need to be done while the tank is taken apart. i'll need to order new bulbs soon. going to go with phoenix 14k. i'd also like to re-build my ato/ electric station. other than that i cant think of anything. just a good cleaning of the entire system and of course some new frags.

E

eric b 125

sadly, no. i haven't even started to cycle the rock yet. i probably wont be adding much until the rock goes in the tank because i hate moving sps around. i've been planning out the equipment stuff i have to do for this tank and the 30B i'm setting up. tonight i'm going to talk to BeanAnimal and Anthony Calfo at my reef club meet about the external coast to coast. it's something i wanted to do on the 125. so i'll try it on the 30B and if i like it, i'll put one on the 300DD in august.

E

eric b 125

will start cycling the rock tomorrow after a water change

E

eric b 125

yeah, i hang out with him every month. real cool, down to earth dude.