Tanked!

kiefers

I remember that picture!! Lol....
As I stated before,,, i watch only for the creativity of the tanks. I wish I had both the money and the talent these tank builders have.

cranberry

The pretend fights between them is irritating. Besides that, I'll be watching... unless it gets too reality show drama-like.

mproctor4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///t/387359/tanked/140#post_3415046
Ya, influenced kids who have parents that can't say no. The local state aquarium perpetuated the whole nemo with one of their displays as well as promoting inappropriate stocking. Why aren't y'all banging on the doors of the local state aquariums that are actually suppose to be for educational purposes and not entertainment like this show? It's hypocritically to "OH and AH" there and then try to beat the snot out of this show.
When I posted this pic, alot of people were like "AWESOME!", "THAT IS SO COOL" "WOW, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT DISPLAY". Now that the tanks are in a silly show and not in an educational facility, were gonna have a fit? Hypocritical my friend... hypocritical.

But people who can afford the tanks they build... they aren't watching this show.
I don't remember ever seeing this picture. Honestly, it makes me sick to see how many fish are in there. If I visit a place that has aquariums anywhere near that, I'm usually pretty vocal in my thoughts--to the point I embarrass my family. So I don't really feel like I am being hypocritical. Honestly, I've never seen an aquarium around here stocked like that. Our local zoo has a couple of huge saltwater aquariums that are appropriately stocked. The closest I have seen to that is Shedds Aquarium and Epcot--they can't even compare. Some of their tanks do have too much in them, but nothing even close to that. Most of the massively overstocked tanks I have seen have been local reefers or aquarium shops.
I do agree about kids influencing parents. Thousands more children watched Nemo than will ever see Tanked. Although my kids have watched it a couple of times--even they comment how on how they set their tanks up and the stock they use. Guess they listen to us more than we realized.

mproctor4

It is amazing how much controversy this show has stirred up. There are about 20+ threads on reef central about--too overwhelming to read.

2quills

It's not an all bad show if you can get passed the irresponsibility of it all. Which most people here can't. And I can't necessarily blame them. Although I do think some tend to go a little bit over board with it. But that just goes to show their passion for these animals. I am a little dissapointed though. I was hoping to see more of the build processes involved. And for someone who just wants a fish only tank I don't see what is so wrong with the faux coral inserts. Anything that adds more surface area within the tank is only going to add to it's biological filtering capabilities. From the brief shots that they have shown of their filtration tanks it looks like they mostly rely on wet/dry bio ball media systems.

snakeblitz33

Eh, I'm not a big fan of wet/dry anymore.
I don't have cable TV, so I don't know what the show is all about. From what I hear of it, I don't think that I would like it that much.

cranberry

If this actually perks people's interest in the hobby, why would you think they wouldn't then turn around and do more research to see if it's something they want to invest in? There isn't enough building info on that show for people to really do it without more research. Let's give peeps some credit that they are as smart and responsible as we think we are. There will be some that do dumb things, but you can't save stupid from themselves and if we based everything we did on their stupidity, we'd be at home picking our noses and playing with rocks.
Give people credit. Humans aren't all that stupid ya know.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///t/387359/tanked/160#post_3415152
If this actually perks people's interest in the hobby, why would you think they wouldn't then turn around and do more research to see if it's something they want to invest in? There isn't enough building info on that show for people to really do it without more research. Let's give peeps some credit that they are as smart and responsible as we think we are. There will be some that do dumb things, but you can't save stupid from themselves and if we based everything we did on their stupidity, we'd be at home picking our noses and playing with rocks.
Give people credit. Humans aren't all that stupid ya know.
Exactly. That's why I don't understand why people are so upset over this. Stupidity in this hobby is already happening everyday. And we've all been guilty of that.

kiefers

AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH PICKING YOUR NOSE!!!! JEESH...............
made you smile!!!

wartooth1

Ha! I just realized that the place they go to in Los Angeles for their fish is only a couple of miles away from... and their hiring. I think I'll apply

do you remember that episode were they took fish from the factory/shop they make the tanks to put in stingray tank
something is telling me once the director yelled CUT!!! they started to net fish to take them back the shop

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown-keeper99 http:///t/387359/tanked/160#post_3415956
do you remember that episode were they took fish from the factory/shop they make the tanks to put in stingray tank
something is telling me once the director yelled CUT!!!
they started to net fish to take them back the shop
Hmmmm maybeeeeee

1guydude

U can sign ur email up and recieve notices and such