The Bro's first Saltwater Aquarium 29g BioCube

the bro

YIKES....I hear the can opener for the can of worms you are opening ...lol
Yup i have only had my tank up and going for a short time and im already hooked! I have spent more time in the last few days watching snails,crabs, and rock than i have in my life lol! My wife seems to like my new hobby which is always a plus! Unlike my custom compter hobby she can't stand

the bro

Alright got home turn my RO/DI on and filling my trash can for my first water change think im gonna do 50% so i can clean the rest of the junk off my LR with a toothbrush.<-- Good idea or bad? Cleaned my filter and blasted rock with turkey baster. There is def. alot less junk kicking up now. Also what is a good way to get debris off the surface of live sand? Its ugly and bothering me, dont know if a gravel vac will work... wouldnt it suck up the sand?
Also tested water parameters this is what they look like today.
PH- 7.8
SG- 1.021
Amnonia- 1.0
Nitrite- 1.0
Nitrate- 1.0
Temp- 79 deg. F
Got a pick also will work on posting it after dinner.

nissan577

ok. well for the sand get cerith snails they will help!
and sure brush it off but make sure you suck it up.

meowzer

Originally Posted by The Bro
http:///forum/post/3203416
Alright got home turn my RO/DI on and filling my trash can for my first water change think im gonna do 50% so i can clean the rest of the junk off my LR with a toothbrush.<-- Good idea or bad? Cleaned my filter and blasted rock with turkey baster. There is def. alot less junk kicking up now. Also what is a good way to get debris off the surface of live sand? Its ugly and bothering me, dont know if a gravel vac will work... wouldnt it suck up the sand?
Also tested water parameters this is what they look like today.
PH- 7.8
SG- 1.021
Amnonia- 1.0
Nitrite- 1.0
Nitrate- 1.0
Temp- 79 deg. F
Got a pick also will work on posting it after dinner.
DINNER????? a little late isn't it?
Why are you doing a 50% water change already?

the bro

DINNER????? a little late isn't it?
Why are you doing a 50% water change already?
Dinner because i attend college night classes and dont get home until 9-10:00 so its always dinner when i get home!
50% water change is just what i have read to do after your first week of cycle. Why?.. to much how much do you recommend?
What about my parameters do they look alright? I know Ph and SG are low whats the best way to raise these to normal?

meowzer

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3203425
idk why 50%????

WHAT????
Originally Posted by The Bro

http:///forum/post/3203428
Dinner because i attend college night classes and dont get home until 9-10:00 so its always dinner when i get home!
50% water change is just what i have read to do after your first week of cycle. Why?.. to much how much do you recommend?
What about my parameters do they look alright? I know Ph and SG are low whats the best way to raise these to normal?
I didn't do my first w/c until I was ready to add a cuc

nissan577

+1 same here and water for s.g just add some salt water and ph within time should go up. remember the light changes PH levels

meowzer

In the advanced mode, click the paper clip....browse to where you load your pics in your computer...click on the pic...click on upload....then click on the insert image line.....you have to make sure your pics are like 640 x 4.....something