The "C" Word

crazyzeus1

Originally Posted by lovethesea

did you see the article about eliminating "christmas Tree" and changing it to "holiday tree"?

My husband had a big rant this past Sunday about that...

schneidts

Originally Posted by lovethesea

did you see the article about eliminating "christmas Tree" and changing it to "holiday tree"?

Am I aloud to say assanying on here? I hope so, because that is just assanying!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Lowes, starting the holidays with Holiday Trees for sale, but now they are selling Christmas Trees. LOL Geez...will everybody who doesn't like Christmas, go get your own holiday and name it "WhatEver". LOL

crazyzeus1

Originally Posted by Beth
Lowes, starting the holidays with Holiday Trees for sale, but now they are selling Christmas Trees. LOL Geez...will everybody who doesn't like Christmas, go get your own holiday and name it "WhatEver". LOL
Festivus!

birdy

That is hilarious and terribly sad at the same time. Get a life people and leave Christmas alone!!!!

pfitz44

maybe we should start calling the menhora (horrible spelling.. i know) a candle stick.... i bet that will go over well....

cheyco

We will be attending our daughter's "Winter Celebration" at school soon. Last year I had to ask what it was. She told me it was the Christmas party but they don't call it that anymore. Get the Beep out of here. That crap gets on my nerves. Same with the pledge and everything else now days that might "offend" someone. Christ, don't even get me started. P.S. CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS and more CHRISTMAS. IN GOD WE TRUST.

michelle l

Originally Posted by crazyzeus1
Festivus!
I was thinking the same thing!! I work in a dental office, and yesterday we had a patient who said that her family had celebrated Festivus on the day after Thanksgiving, as a joke. They put up a plain silver pole in the corner and invited family and friends. She said they never actually had the "Airing of the Grievances" ceremony, but that they had a blast!!
"Festivus....a festivus for the rest-iv-us!!"
http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/festivus.php

J

jdragunas

my dad's in a band called festivus. They play that episode before every gig, and they even have the aluminum pole on stage with them and everything!!!
as for the other topic, i found this quite interesting... http://www.comcast.net/news/politics...29/273442.html
and you know what??? there's no punishment for so many other horrible things kids say in school, but GOD forbid anyone mention anything about any religion in school (which is sooo much BETTER than all that other crap!!!)
and the whole "holiday tree" thing is stupid too!!! a tree is a christmas symbol... if you don't want it to be a symbol that relates to christmas, you cannot just change the name, you need to get a different symbol... i'm going to stop now, because this is just pissing me off... people get so offended about EVERYTHING!!! So many people spend so much time waiting for someone to say something slightly offensive, they miss so many other more important things in life!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR

darth tang

I personally feel that people that find this an issue in their lives have a few shortages of other problems and things to worry about.

crazyzeus1

Originally Posted by schneidts
Am I aloud to say assanying on here? I hope so, because that is just assanying!
Huh?

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by cheyco
We will be attending our daughter's "Winter Celebration" at school soon. Last year I had to ask what it was. She told me it was the Christmas party but they don't call it that anymore. Get the Beep out of here. That crap gets on my nerves. Same with the pledge and everything else now days that might "offend" someone. Christ, don't even get me started. P.S. CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS and more CHRISTMAS. IN GOD WE TRUST.
i agree 100%
dam straight. i cant wait to teach my son that it is christmas, not "holidays"
also, if somebody has beef with "in god we trust", then tell them to hand over their wallet, becuase the money in it has "in god we trust" all over it, thus they do not believe in it.
and on top of this, my nationality is AMERICAN

somebody is offended that its called a christmas break, not holiday break. what about us?
now im offended that its not called christmas, but something else.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I will file that on my to get list for christmas........near the bottom. Don't hold your breath though.
i acutally prefer pepsi...