The Chronicles of my 12 Gallon Aquapod

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2568511
Welcome back to the boards and back into SW!~

I don't have an Aquapod, so I know nothing about what mods to make, etc... but I'll be glad to follow along your "chronicles".

thanks
and btw, you have some sweet tanks!

T

touchthesky00

Also please leave your input on what you think my stock list should be!
thanks so much

T

touchthesky00

alright just got home and the temperature is 128 degrees
i was shocked and afraid to touch the water
but then i realized i placed the heater right next to the temp sensor lol
i am going to go take pics now
and live rock tomorrow!

bs21

touchthesky00;2569781 said:
alright just got home and the temperature is 128 degrees
QUOTE]
scary! The power of the filter isn't that strong with all those openings which is why you may want to consider blocking the lower two intakes to make suction better on the top and to surface skim better. JMO but it worked for me.
p.s. lookin forward to pics and hope you get some nice rock

T

touchthesky00

here are some pics
both lights
actinics only
white only
and then i tried to get two of the led

T

touchthesky00

the tank is a lil cloudy cuz i just added some more sand

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2569820
u gonna add more sand?
ya i am
my water level is too high, so im gonna let it go down a bit before adding more
my sg is still really high, should i try to get it down into a good range before i add live rock tomorrow

T

touchthesky00

alright, whats the best way to do this? water changes?
i was thinking, since it is "new"saltwater that i could take some out and keep it in a bucket temporarily and then replace it with regular RO water. and then add the taken out saltwater later but dillute it first with regular RO
does that sound good? or would it be bad to let the water "sit"

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by touchthesky00
http:///forum/post/2569866
alright, whats the best way to do this? water changes?
i was thinking, since it is "new"saltwater that i could take some out and keep it in a bucket temporarily and then replace it with regular RO water. and then add the taken out saltwater later but dillute it first with regular RO
does that sound good? or would it be bad to let the water "sit"
how does that sound?^^^^
also i am going to get my lr tomorrow
my lfs has cured fiji for 4.55 a pound
but i called and they said they have some uncured premium rock with "some nice stuff" on it for 7.99
so what do you think i should go with?
if i go with the fiji, do you think there will be enough die off to start the cycle?

bs21

i don't see a problem with removing some water and then just adding RO water. just do it in smaller ammounts so you don't dilute it to much. Either rock is fine. Sometimes the uncured stuff has better hitch hikers, at least at my lfs it does. Best thing you get from their cured rock is coralline algea. Take a look at both then decide or you could just mix. With the rock though go for smaller pieces so you have more flexibility on aquascape.

bs21

i have a pair of false percs (occ.), corals, assorted snails/hermits, and a cleaner shrimp. I reccomend 2 small fish max.

T

touchthesky00

how far down should my waterline be so that it doesnt overflow when i put in my rock?

nvsbandit

the rocks wont displace as much as you think. take what you think out keep it in a bucket put back in what you need. thats what i did.

T

touchthesky00

alright well i just finished setting up the rock!
it is some awesome rock! so much color and stuff on it! im really glad i paid the almost $4 extra per pound for this premium stuff (advanced aquatics, schaumburg)
i will get pics up as soon as it clears up!

T

touchthesky00

here they are
there is a big glare from the lights off of the very top rock that is close to the surface

bs21

wow that rock does look nice. just make sure you leave some rrom between the glass to be able to clean it easy enough. Something I didn't do at first.

yerboy

Originally Posted by bs21
http:///forum/post/2566083
here ya go this was from today.

if you decide to make some mods let me know because some I may have gone about doing a different way.
one of the best nano pics i have seen , Great job.