The Chronicles of my 12 Gallon Aquapod

T

touchthesky00

he has definitely found his cave.
i have not witnessed any eating yet but im wondering/hoping hes a rock picker and will find the food there
what do you think?

T

touchthesky00

no hes not a sandsifter. ya, the sand is really really fine, it gets blown around so easily by my powerheads! makes me mad!
the lfs actually sold me this fish as a hi fin goby even though i told them it was a tangaroa.

paintballer768

Many many FS's are stubborn on the names, despite them being obviously wrong. Some take offense too, but sometimes it works in your advantage.
The reason why I asked if he was a sifter is because your tank wold be a constant cloud
It does look very nice. You should fill up the slopes of that little mountain with a whole lotta corals haha.

T

touchthesky00

he is actually a shrimp goby.
and i cant wait to start adding some corals! tell me about it. once that next paycheck comes... : )

T

touchthesky00

i finally witnessed him eating yesterday!
the next fish i add will be a midas blenny as soon as my lfs gets it in

blazin2k6

You should get a Pistol shrimp to pair up with him. They will be a great watch for ya and you will have tons of enjoyment out of em. I have a Yashia goby and Randalls Pistol Shrimp in both my nanos and love em. And i also have an aquapod with the same problem. is it the middle lights you turn on that make funny sound ? With my aquapod i turn the blue lights on for an hour before i turn on the yellow tinted lights and when i turn on those lights the fan is real noisy for about 1 minute or so but then stops. I havent had any other problems with it though. Great looking tank and love the goby. They are such cool fish. You should chek my thread sumtime and see my gobies

T

touchthesky00

heres some pics of a hitch hiker than came along with my new zoas
anyone got an id on this one?

T

touchthesky00

the pics of my new zoas
they are pretty cool a bright green coloring
19 bucks and i got quite a lot of them

T

touchthesky00

and one last one of my tangaroa
if i got a shrimp now would he pair up with my goby even though they were not added at the same time? what types of shrimps can i add and what are the benefits of those shrimps (ie cleaning, parasite removal...)

T

touchthesky00

some pics of my tangaroa posting up on a rock right next to my zoas

T

touchthesky00

well just finished acclimating a new pair of clowns! they are beautiful
i will post pics when i turn on the lights in a few hours

T

touchthesky00

my black saddleback clown pair!
they are eating already, total pigs

i dont know how anyone gets decent pics of their clowns cuz these guys never stop moving

T

touchthesky00

a pic of my tangaroa peeking out
...hes been pretty scared ever since the clowns were added

howardj

The 'hitchiker' in pic 88 looks like a Stomatella Snail
if so, they are beneficial

Nice little tank you have there!

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by HowardJ
http:///forum/post/2656520
The 'hitchiker' in pic 88 looks like a Stomatella Snail

if so, they are beneficial

Nice little tank you have there!

thanks for that ID
and thanks for the compliment, now that i am stocked with fish, it is coral time!!!

T

touchthesky00

alright so little update
one of my clowns died of ich
and last night i got some new coral
pom pom xenia, gsp, ricordea
i will post pics when the lights come on today

mkzimms

the tank is looking great! good luck getting those clown pictures, every one i take of mine has the wiggles.
on to the serious business... if your clown died of ich its a safe bet you now have ich in the tank and your other fish could be affected. it would be in your best interest to setup a QT and treat the other fish as a precaution even if they're not showing signs yet. in the mean time you should start feeding foods soaked in garlic to boost their immune system. putting a un-QT'ed fish in a tank is a mistake most of us only make once.

T

touchthesky00

thanks
i am in the process of setting up my qt right now actually