THE T-5 Q&A THREAD

fanker

Originally Posted by Stickman
fanker...the aquatinics 36" t-5 fixture 5-39w on a 46g bow does the above statement reign true? thanks in advance!

yup sps and clams

K

kalied20

I just order a 48'' 6 x 54 watt retrofit T5 fixture with reflectors for my 90 gallon. What kind of bulbs should I put in it. I have heard a variety of different opinions. I want to keep some softies, but also an anenome later and some SPS's.
Thanks

scooby1350

Can anyone help me?
Well right now I have 2 - VHO 48" = 220 watt
1- Actinic 03
1- AquaSun
Powered by a Icecap 660
I have an 55 gallon reef tank and want to get into hard Coarls. I have a star polyps and some mushrooms.
When I look at all the t-5's, what makes the best combination for a 55 gallon tank?
There is ocean blue, ocean white, Planta, Actinic 460nm, Daylight, Actinic 420nm, and 6700K. Which one and how many of each do I need?
I plan on buying individual reflectors. Thanks for any help you can proved.

vinnyl

Hey Fanker.... I was told you are the "IT" person to ask about T-5's.
I have a 72 gal bowfront and was thinking about getting a "Tek Light T5 Fluorescent Lighting (6 bulbs). Would this be enought to keep a BTA, Clam, SPS?? If yes... what should be my pick for the lamps??
Tks a bunch

fanker

Originally Posted by Vinnyl
Hey Fanker.... I was told you are the "IT" person to ask about T-5's.
I have a 72 gal bowfront and was thinking about getting a "Tek Light T5 Fluorescent Lighting (6 bulbs). Would this be enought to keep a BTA, Clam, SPS?? If yes... what should be my pick for the lamps??
Tks a bunch
ya that will be plenty

jsteiert

I am looking into getting a 56 gal tank, its 24" high and was wondering what set up I shoud get. I have been lookng at the TEK models that come in 4 and 6 bulb configurations and the retro that comes in a 8 bulb configuration.
I want to have the ability to kep clams, sps and anything else I desire.
Which fixture would I need and what arrangement of bulbs should I get?
TheTEK comes with 2- 6500 white lights free and I need to purchase two more.

fanker

Originally Posted by jsteiert
Im sorry, forgot to put in that its 30" wide. and 24" deep.
than u can only get a 24" a 6bulb should be fine u can keep sps on the upper half

robsw

i am looking into upgrading one of my tanks from pc to T-5, only because the canopy is kinda low. what is the suggested hight to hang these fixtures. If i put them about 4 inches off the water would this be a problem. by the way the tankis a 29 so im looking at 24" 4 bulb retro, possibly a six if i can find one.
thanks
rob

teresaq

little advise please. I have a 150 gal tank. currently running 3 250 mh. not really liking this lighting. not bright enough. I am thinking of either adding 2 36 inch t5s along the edge, or tanking out the center mh and putting in 4 36 inch t5s. which do you think would be better?
also do they make retro kits that are just plug and play, not a lot of wiring

P

polyps

I just got the new nova extreme 36" fixture for my 37g what could I keep with that and the fixture has four 39w bulbs

greenwolf52

will older bulbs that need to be replaced cause unwanted algae (brown) to grow in my 100 gal ? i have the orbit fixture

fanker

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
little advise please. I have a 150 gal tank. currently running 3 250 mh. not really liking this lighting. not bright enough. I am thinking of either adding 2 36 inch t5s along the edge, or tanking out the center mh and putting in 4 36 inch t5s. which do you think would be better?
also do they make retro kits that are just plug and play, not a lot of wiring
the putting a 4x39w in the middle i think would look nice and much more bright