the thermos blind trade

D

dennis210

Okay packages sent off to coral junky (I got ahold of him via phone) and Grabbit Who I haven't been able to contact will email again today. So the ball is back in play if Grabbit is still playing!
Dennis

D

dennis210

Corals are now in the hands of US postal service. Three choices of sending - regalar bulk rate, priority, or express. Bulk rate was like $6 per box, priority was $8 per box and express was $33 per box. I sent out priority. Grabbit pm'd me so he is aware corals enroute. He asked and I believe I told him correctly that V Martino was next anf Reefkeeperz after that. This has been fun and enjoyable so count me in if another go round takes place.
Dennis

redwarrior

This is a really neat idea. As soon as I have corals worth trading, I'll have to check back here and see if I can join in! :D

grabbitt

Hey everybody, just got the package from Dennis about five minutes ago.
Unfortunately, since it was sent three days ago and the box was DRENCHED, I imagined the worst, but alas, it was odorless. I open up the package and both frags are alive!
Will contact V Martino about shipping info for Monday right now...

D

dennis210

Glad everything lived. I double bagged and then a ziplock over that and still leaked. Well I tried. That should be a orange ricordia and a softie - I picked up parent colony from a guy tearing down and was told it was a sarcophyton, but everyone who see's the parent colony calls it devel's hand.
All I know for sure is it grows fast in my system and frag's easily. Hope you enjoy!
Dennis

reefkprz

thats great to hear. everything is running smoothly.
so once the first list is complete (minus me) as I traded once already. the last reciever will then send to the first on the waiting list, instead of me.
Please make sure to contact each reciever to ensure thay are still interested in participating BEFORE sending the thermos.

D

dennis210

ReefkeeperZ - thermos? I just boxed up stuff, was a new thermos ever put into play?

silverdak

reefkprZ - can you please bump me down on the list, tank isn't ready for corals seeing as I just discovered Diatoms in my tank. I also wouldn't have anything to trade.
Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience

D

dennis210

Well did stuff survive? Have you (Grabbit) mailed back out yet? Things were running smooth then poof no contact?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Dennis210
http:///forum/post/2683745
ReefkeeperZ - thermos? I just boxed up stuff, was a new thermos ever put into play?
no, because I am incompetent. Its sitting in the fish closet, I just keep forgetting to send it out.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by Dennis210
http:///forum/post/2688394
Well did stuff survive? Have you (Grabbit) mailed back out yet? Things were running smooth then poof no contact?
Everything survived. I was going to ship out today, but I have yet to hear a response from V Martino

I will ship out yours tomorrow if you like, but I was hoping to do both on the same day.
Should I just go on to the next person in line?

D

dennis210

My suggestion is to contact ReefkeeperZ and since he started the ball rolling - send to him and let V Martino get in on another round if possible.
PM ReefkeeperZ and get an address for him. Hopefully you can reuse the shipping box I sent you. I don't know how much leakage there was. When shipping US mail priority is the way to go. It is just a little more than standard bulk rate, but way way less than express. Good luck and looking forward to recieving new arrivals. When it comes to corals I am like a kid at Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dennis

D

dennis210

Was with me and I sent to Grabbit & back to Coraljunky - haven't gotten anything back from Grabbit, and don't know if he shipped ahead. It's bad when something fun and that people looked forward to gets dropped like this.
Reefkeeperz had a fantastic idea with this, but not everyone is in the level.
Scopas (Randy) had to restart the game as no one send the actual thermos after him (progress stopped) So he went ahead and sent out again skipping the next person who had held up the shipping. Maybe I should do the same?

reefkprz

if you cant get ahold of the next in line after 1 week skip to the next person. move onto the waiting list skipping me because I traded once already, to give as many people a chance to participate as possible.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2688630
Everything survived. I was going to ship out today, but I have yet to hear a response from V Martino

I will ship out yours tomorrow if you like, but I was hoping to do both on the same day.
Should I just go on to the next person in line?
contact Morval he is first on the waiting list. and then every one should progress down the line.
here is the waiting list as it stands right now.
Morval
Matt B
Silver Dak
clownfish 11
FLricordea
MR X
fats71
rebel pretty boy
shaun larlee
If any one wants out please PM me and I will remove you from the list.