the thermos blind trade

reefkprz

sorry I have been a little out of touch latley life is hectic. but lets keep the ball rolling.
I would love to see some pictures of what every one has recieved.

morval

Anybody opposed to me restarting this? Grabbit as been M.I.A. for a week now and vmartino has had no activity for over a month...i can send to dennis also since he got shafted on a piece. whats everybody think ?

D

dennis210

It's fine with me, or I can send, I just don't understand why Grabbit quit after telling me he was sending out? This was reefkeeperz's idea & thread so I was waiting for him to say something. Whatever the group wants to do is fine with me.

grabbitt

Hey everyone, I'm so sorry I have been MIA lately. There have been a lot of things going on in my personal life and it hasn't left much time for anything else. I just returned home today and it's time to get things going again.
PACKAGES WILL BE SHIPPED OUT TOMORROW.
and to Dennis and the other person expecting my frags, I will throw in some extra for compensation. Again, my apologies to everyone for delaying this.
Morval, you have a PM...

grabbitt

Alright morval and dennis, the frags are all packed up and shipped off.
To restart the spirit of the trade, I picked up two new thermoses and shipped off your frags in them.
I know you guys will like your frags. And since I don't know who is getting what, is it cool if I post what I put in each box? Technically the surprise will still be there when they arrive because neither of you will know who got what until you open it up...

D

dennis210

cool by me I sent off ricordea's to both of you and then coraljunky got a green candycane suppused to be kryptonite and Grabbit got a devilshand or sarcophytum.

grabbitt

Alrighty, well keeping in mind the fact that I felt terrible for leaving the both of you hanging for two weeks, I decided to move to a higher tier in my frag tank (the nicer stuff
) and just grabbed a couple from there.
One of you will be receiving 5 Purple Deaths
and the other will be receiving ~50 radioactive dragon eyes.
I can't wait to see how they turn out. Enjoy, guys

D

dennis210

Waiting patiently today for mail service. REALLY REALLY hoping purple but the other will do fine! Finding colors of other than orange and green have been very tough for me. I will post the pics of the frags Coraljunky sent and of the ones from Grabbit this weekend. ANTICIPATION! Gotta love a site that lets an adult revert back to childhood joys!

reefkprz

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2705223
To restart the spirit of the trade, I picked up two new thermoses and shipped off your frags in them.

AWESOME! thermoses are out and about again. thats great thank you graham.
I have been out of town for the last two weeks (check out the thread in the aquarium for some pictures) I am glad things are getting back on track. I am also glad that this is kind of gaining a life of its own. for me this is all about getting as many of us to share cool frags in an inexpensive manner as possible.

reefkprz

sure. I dont see why not. just keep in mind if it gets too cold the trades are probably going to suspend untill spring so we can avoid loss of life for the coralws.

kevin34

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2707226
sure. I dont see why not. just keep in mind if it gets too cold the trades are probably going to suspend untill spring so we can avoid loss of life for the coralws.
Ok sounds good. just to make sure are we still doing the double trade thing or just the thermos?

grabbitt

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2707200
AWESOME! thermoses are out and about again. thats great thank you graham.

So has anyone gotten their frags yet? Morval, hopefully you managed to chase down the mailman at work today...

cranberry

I'm hoping someone can give me the cliff note version of the other 9 pages... but I like the title and the idea and would like to participate in a thermos swap.

mr_x

i'm fragging my WMC tomorrow, to prepare for my turn. and don't try to guess what a WMC is either....

D

dennis210

Nothing came yesterday. And that frag Mr.X was talking about - the WMC - was the infamous " Whatcha Ma Callit".