the worst christmas gift !!!!

sig45

lion_craz, are you a tree hugger? this is a blog its just fun, try having fun, it can be fun. good times

nigerbang

Hmmm I suppose I will chime in...I have a crazy aunt..One year she sent my sister and myself a Wok, A frozen pack of snow peas (Well they were frozen when she mailed them I guess, A week in transit.)Chow Mein noodles, and $5 for us to split...One year she mailed me a Brick for christmas...Nothing special about it...just a Red Brick..

shogun323

Originally Posted by NigerBang
One year she mailed me a Brick for christmas...Nothing special about it...just a Red Brick..
.... I am without words. You win! Your Crazy aunt blows away my crazy aunt!!!!

shogun323

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
:hilarious
Yeah, you are a sad sole. Now go back to the show that you came from!

Ha. Thanks Ryan!! I feel the Love!!

nigerbang

Originally Posted by shogun323
.... I am without words. You win! Your Crazy aunt blows away my crazy aunt!!!!
Well Great Aunt...My uncle told me about 2 weeks later that his 3 kids got the same thing..Bricks...Then he told me he was going to return them Halloween night..

1journeyman

Ok, I know this thread is in good humor, and some of the gifts have made me laugh.
Still, I heard this from a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago and it brought things into perspective for me.
My friend works with a religious organization that raises money to by gifts for children in nearby orphanages, women shelters, etc.
She was handing out gifts a couple of weeks ago (the gifts say "from Santa") and one little girl said "Wow, a gift from Santa! I always try to be a good girl, but I've never been good enough. This is the first year I've been good enough for him to bring me a gift."
Let's face it... a worthless, usless, piece-of-junk gift is better than nothing. More importantly are the people in our lives who give them.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Ok, I know this thread is in good humor, and some of the gifts have made me laugh.
Still, I heard this from a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago and it brought things into perspective for me.
My friend works with a religious organization that raises money to by gifts for children in nearby orphanages, women shelters, etc.
She was handing out gifts a couple of weeks ago (the gifts say "from Santa") and one little girl said "Wow, a gift from Santa! I always try to be a good girl, but I've never been good enough. This is the first year I've been good enough for him to bring me a gift."
Let's face it... a worthless, usless, piece-of-junk gift is better than nothing. More importantly are the people in our lives who give them.
Wow....That is terrible that the poor girl thought that she never got gifts because that she was bad...That is horrible..I am glad she was happy about getting the gift, but that post stopped me and left me at a loss for words..I am now confused on how I feel...

tree

Originally Posted by joebob7
i recieved a plastic camping set for christmas the package said it was for aqes 6+ i was 12
well then you qualified

This thread has had me laughing so hard I was crying. The SkinSoSoft for a 13 year old and the western set for an adult was priceless.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tree
well then you qualified

This thread has had me laughing so hard I was crying. The SkinSoSoft for a 13 year old and the western set for an adult was priceless.
Yeah, this is a funny thread of all of the weird crap you have gotten from family that you never see. Why be a downer. This is a funny thread!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Journey, I give the same advice to you: Live, Laugh, Love. Stuff happens that is unfortunate and way beyond our controll. Have a laugh and enjoy life, we arn't here long. might as well enjoy the "here and now" :joy:

1journeyman

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Journey, I give the same advice to you: Live, Laugh, Love. Stuff happens that is unfortunate and way beyond our controll. Have a laugh and enjoy life, we arn't here long. might as well enjoy the "here and now" :joy:
Wise advice, and I agree with ya.
Like I said, I laughed at a lot of the gifts.. this is a funny thread. I just wanted to throw out there that sometimes we take for granted what we have.

sidd

When I was eight we did a gift exchange with all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephues. Well, I couldn't find my present under the tree and my one uncle started teasing me that I didn't have one, well, guess what. I didn't. my other no good aunt, knowingly came to the party with there two children expecting to recieve gifts and didn't bring one to give. I was so pissed. The first uncle in the story felt so bad also.
Anouther story, my wife which is not real big, except now because she is pregant, got queen 2 pantyhose from her grandma every year. It pissed her off so much that finally she said something last year. This year she got queen. There still way to big.

trainfever

I dont know that I've ever received a bad Christmas gift but when I was 8 years old, I had to spend Christmas in the hospital. I spent 29 days in there. Maybe not the worst gift but it was the worst Christmas ever.

reefkprz

I got a kitchen knife a serving spoon and a lump of coal this year...... I think my girlfriend wants me to cook more.....

One year when I was about 6, all I wanted was a Magic Hat (little set full of tricks). My mom was single and had to take us shopping with her and promise to stay on a certain isle (nudge, wink) and she would come back and get us later. Well, I left the isle and went looking for her. I saw in her cart. The Magic Hat! My sister was soooo pissed that I'd peeked.
Christmas morning, we go to open our gifts, and something was wrong. Very wrong. My sister got the Magic Hat. If that wasn't bad enough, I had to endure her showing off and doing tricks and putting on magic shows for the whole family. I think that childhood moment is why I drink today.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Russy Pelican
One year when I was about 6, all I wanted was a Magic Hat (little set full of tricks). My mom was single and had to take us shopping with her and promise to stay on a certain isle (nudge, wink) and she would come back and get us later. Well, I left the isle and went looking for her. I saw in her cart. The Magic Hat! My sister was soooo pissed that I'd peeked.
Christmas morning, we go to open our gifts, and something was wrong. Very wrong. My sister got the Magic Hat. If that wasn't bad enough, I had to endure her showing off and doing tricks and putting on magic shows for the whole family. I think that childhood moment is why I drink today.
That is terrible!! I had The Magic Hat when I was a kid. In fact, it is probably still at my moms house in a closet. If I can find it, I will send it your way!!!

What's really funny is, every Christmas that story inevitably comes up. This year, my sister got me one. Of course, I'm 37 now...

sinner's g

Originally Posted by alyssia
One year I got a chia pet.

My friend got a new vaccum and mop from her husband, and now he's not getting any if you catch my drift.
One year I asked for a chia pet....I'll take the vaccum and mop for christmas if it means he's doing the cleaning for the year!!!

My mother-in-law gave me a book by the guy who wrote the notebook. Now, I love to read, and I have tons of books, But I don't read dramas!!! if she paid attention to any of the books I read, she know that. I was able to return the book and get a book I like and coffee with some money leftover, so in the end it's not a bad gift.
But at least that had some thought. A few years ago, she got me a road side asst kit and cheap flashlights-in a Sears bag, not even wrapped!!! (she didn't buy them for me, she bought two of everything for Sinner and her other son, then as an after thought relized I was there (I have been for years...) so she 'split' some stuff b/w the three of us, all guy stuff.
One year she mailed me a Brick for christmas...Nothing special about it...just a Red Brick
Really? your very own red brick? They have many uses. paper weights, door holder opener, murder weapon, stick your computer monitor on to raise it, use it to break a window, keep a car from rolling backwards, step, a compaion for your pet rock....umm yeah... can anyone tell I had to come up with a list of 101 uses for the common red brick?
Sinner's grandma used to give him random books she bought at a garage sale.
I love socks!! Warm, fuzzy and colorful!
Okay, so one year we had a CHURCH party for the teens. being one of the teens I brought a gift, forget what it was but I spent 15-20. So we do the exchange. One girl ended up with a plastic hair thing, and it was BROKEN!! The person who gave the gift (because of course we all knew who brought what) got the best gift! A shower radio!

zman1

My grandparents god rest their souls were major re-gifters. Learned it long ago when we got the same electric knife we gave them the year before. Still had pieces of the old wrapping paper on it. It was good timing mine shot craps at Thanksgiving that year...