There's ICK in my new tank

sh2000

So I noticed on some of my fish they have some ICK..I would say a mild form of it, if you will...
The yellow tangs have some black ICK
The blue hippo has some ICK
The blue throat trigger has ICK
So I'm going to try and help them fight it using liquid garlic on all foods I give them..Mysis and other frozen foods I'll mix with garlic. is it ok if they eat some particles of garlic ?
Also when I buy liquid garlic from my LFS I'll soak the Nori in the garlic for a few hours... hopefully this helps for now..
does anybody know of any better treatment using garlic any tips would help.
TY

wifishman1

going through the same thing. from what i was told either hypo/copper is the only way to completley get rid of it.

florida joe

Originally Posted by SH2000
http:///forum/post/2474920
So I noticed on some of my fish they have some ICK..I would say a mild form of it, if you will...
The yellow tangs have some black ICK
The blue hippo has some ICK
The blue throat trigger has ICK
So I'm going to try and help them fight it using liquid garlic on all foods I give them..Mysis and other frozen foods I'll mix with garlic. is it ok if they eat some particles of garlic ?
Also when I buy liquid garlic from my LFS I'll soak the Nori in the garlic for a few hours... hopefully this helps for now..
does anybody know of any better treatment using garlic any tips would help.
TY

Mild ick I know what you mean I had A girl friend that was mildly pregnant has the whole hobby gone crazy QUARINTINE DAMN IT

sh2000

I don't QT the fish because my qt is a 10 gallon tank and your not allowed to put a tang in a tank less than 6-800 feet its forbidden and I was affraid people would scream at me. I'm tired of being abused.

sh2000

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2474996
Hypo! Get your salinity to .09 over 48 hours using a refractometer and the fish will be none the wiser
the fish are impossible to get.
120 gal. with 175 lb's of live rock 40 corals= impossible.

sh2000

Originally Posted by wifishman1
http:///forum/post/2474931
going through the same thing. from what i was told either hypo/copper is the only way to completley get rid of it.
copper wont work i have 100 inverts.
I might try kick ICH but I would have to turn off the skimmer and remove the carbon.

kornele23

we have a baby powder blue tang in a 10 gallon QT right now. He was a new addition. He is just fine by himself in there. Always better to be safe than sorry.
I just got through all of my fish having ich and I am now a FIRM believer in hypo. My DT was left fishless for 4 weeks and the ich in my DT is gone and ALL of my fish are happy and healthy. The only way to completely get rid of ich is to have your DT fishless while doing hypo on your fish in a QT tank. Its a tough route to take, but its totally worth it in the end.

sh2000

I would love to do that but I can't get the fish out I'll try a fish trap. can inverts get ICK ? Suppose by some miracle I get the tangs out and the blue throat trigger I just leave the tank alone for 4 weeks do i have to remove the inverts ? and how can I put 10 fish in the HT ?

renogaw

it's ok to qt a tang in a 10 (tad cramped, but better than the alternative). now, you're going to have to remove all your inverts, all your coral, all your rock and hypo your DT cause it sure isn't big enough for all your fish.
can you turn one of you older tanks into a HT?

kornele23

inverts cant "get" ich. But they wont survive a hypo. If you get all your fish out, you can leave the inverts in the DT.
Could you possibly use your old 55 gallon? 10 fish would be cramped, but it would be better than pulling out your live rock and inverts and trying to hypo a 120 gallon tank. that would be more work than trying to pull your fish out. You might have to remove your LR anyways to get your fish out. I had to. It sucked and it was a lot of work, but BELIEVE me when I say it was worth every minute of it to see my fish healthy and happy again. I say use your 55 gallon as your HT if you could possibly manage.

sh2000

wow i'm in for a long night the 55 is empty now but I have 50 gallons of water mixed already for 4-5 days in my rubbermaid tub...It seems I have a long road ahead wish me luck and thanks

renogaw

only issue is putting that many fish into an uncycled tank (assuming it's not being used right now)

sh2000

well the 55 is empty but I have 50 gallons of mixed water for 5 days not sure what the params are on that water hopefully stable..it's been mixing with a heater and 2 PH's for 5 days. the good news if there is any is I also have 25 gallons of my 80 gal cycled tank from old water changes in jugs...I dunno if that helps.