There's ICK in my new tank

sh2000

from the pics you can only notice I think some bumps on one of the yellow tangs this could be from the fights or stress and you can see some of its dorsal and back fins are nipped at but growing back...

kornele23

its really hard to tell by those pictures. You really dont have time to let the tank cycle. That can take a while. Just make daily water changes on your 55 to keep parameters in check. And as sep and I said earlier, add a cup or 2 of your sand to help. any ich it brings over will be killed in the hypo process.

sepulatian

It does not look detrimental at this point. Add the sand and some rubble rock and ghost feed the tank. I see the nips but not much else. A tank full of fish in an uncycled tank is very hard to deal with. Add fresh garlic to their food and cycle the qt.

sh2000

I just got some liquid garlic and some zoe will that help ? also I checked the water I was mixing for 5 days and the params are perfect and = to the 25 of cycled water in the jugs from my 80...by putting in 25 gallons of the cycled water and 25 of the mixing water it should fill the 55 with cycled water...now on to getting the fish in there...I must act quick...

sh2000

ill have a 200w heater in it and 2 maxi jets 1200 will that work ? should i still get some sand from the 120 ? and rubble or just PVC ? also should I run the wet/dry ? or canister filter ?

sh2000

in the 120 will be the corals since thatst the only DT that has MH's and the 100 inverts will they be ok ??? and in 4 weeks the ICK will be gone ?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SH2000
http:///forum/post/2475361
I just got some liquid garlic and some zoe will that help ? also I checked the water I was mixing for 5 days and the params are perfect and = to the 25 of cycled water in the jugs from my 80...by putting in 25 gallons of the cycled water and 25 of the mixing water it should fill the 55 with cycled water...now on to getting the fish in there...I must act quick...
Biological bacteria is not in the water column. Slow down. You cannot put the fish in there yet. You will get a huge cycle.

http:///forum/post/2475363
ill have a 200w heater in it and 2 maxi jets 1200 will that work ? should i still get some sand from the 120 ? and rubble or just PVC ? also should I run the wet/dry ? or canister filter ?
A few cups of sand and rubble rock are to help with the cycle. The rock will keep it's bacteria. Pick pieces with little to no growth at all on them. They can go back into the display when hypo is done. You don't want rocks with growth because all but the bacteria will die, which will make matters worse, you want the bacteria in the rock to work in your favor. The two maxi's and the heater will be fine.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475370
in the 120 will be the corals since thatst the only DT that has MH's and the 100 inverts will they be ok ??? and in 4 weeks the ICK will be gone ?
If that is where the fish are then it needs more like 6+weeks for ALL ich to be gone.

m0nk

http:///forum/post/2475379
will the corals and inverts be ok ? after the 4 weeks the ICK will be out of the 120 ?
Once your QT is cycled and you get all of the fish out of your 120 and into the QT for treatment, the 120 will need to remain fish-less for 6 weeks, not 4. The coral and inverts will be fine without fish, just be sure to ghost feed once every couple days or so just to give the inverts a little something to nibble on and keep the bacteria fed as well.

sh2000

when will it be safe to add the fish to the 55 should I do it tonight ? tomorrow ? I already added the sand and pvc and water. I plugged in the heater and filter and power heads...now what ?

http:///forum/post/2475172
I don't QT the fish because my qt is a 10 gallon tank and your not allowed to put a tang in a tank less than 6-800 feet its forbidden and I was affraid people would scream at me. I'm tired of being abused.
Aww I'm sorry felt abused...but most everyone would have helped you if you had asked and specified as being a qt...but you'll know next time right?
And don't be afraid of other pple. on here! What the worst they could do to u? Track you down, and call you names? lol
Just know that it wont be the end of the world, and your not the only person this has happened to...Learn from your mistakes and understand what went wrong! And most importantly ask questions and ask them often...if your not sure research and if you still don't understand ask!!!
I dont have an personal experience in SW ick so I can't be of to much help other than I'm rooting for you, and I'm sure you'll pull through this much wiser!!!
Any updates???
Keep us all posted!

sh2000

I'm still waiting should I try and get the fish out now ? or wait until tomorrow ? the water params in the 55 are in check and everything is ready..should I attempt to get the fish out of the 120 ?
if so then i begin hypo I read beth's thread and I have a refractometer...I'll follow directions...thanks everyone for the help.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475420
I'm still waiting should I try and get the fish out now ? or wait until tomorrow ? the water params in the 55 are in check and everything is ready..should I attempt to get the fish out of the 120 ?
if so then i begin hypo I read beth's thread and I have a refractometer...I'll follow directions...thanks everyone for the help.
How is it ready? A minute ago you had seen spots and were setting the qt up. You can do as you would like, but I have told you repeatedly to be sure that the qt is cycled. You can add the fish and start hypo right now if you want to, but you will have to deal with a cycling tank. That just means more water changes and stressed fish. Unless your pictures are not showing how bad it is, the fish look fine at the moment. Cycle the qt.

sh2000

cycle for how long ? the params are fine..? i'll wait until u guys advise me to go..ill check them in the morning to make sure they are stable...the ick is not that bad for now so if the params are in check by tom ill start the transfer...thanks.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475502
cycle for how long ? the params are fine..? i'll wait until u guys advise me to go..ill check them in the morning to make sure they are stable...the ick is not that bad for now so if the params are in check by tom ill start the transfer...thanks.
Sh2000, you have set up several tanks, surely you know how to cycle a tank. Of course the parameters are in check because there is no ammonia source yet. When you add the fish there will will be one. Do what you will. Let us know if you need help.

kornele23

I put my fish in an uncycled QT. It's not THAT bad as long as you keep up with the water changes and check your parameters daily. My fish are fine and healthy to this day after being put into an uncycled QT!! And they were there for over 7 weeks. If you get them out tonight and put them in your 55, they will ultimately be fine if you check your parameters on a regular basis.

kornele23

I hate a nitrate and nitrite spike and by several water changes over the course of 1-2 days it was under control and fine.