There's ICK in my new tank

kornele23

you can use water from your 120 DT. I would also add a few cups of substrate from your DT. any ich that you bring over with that water and sand, it will be killed during the hypo process. So you should be set on water for right now.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SH2000
http:///forum/post/2475172
I don't QT the fish because my qt is a 10 gallon tank and your not allowed to put a tang in a tank less than 6-800 feet its forbidden and I was affraid people would scream at me. I'm tired of being abused.
I am sorry, but this is the poorest excuse that I have heard yet. If you know that you will get tangs then cycle a larger QT! You had ich long before you set up the 120.
Originally Posted by Kornele23

http:///forum/post/2475238
inverts cant "get" ich. But they wont survive a hypo. If you get all your fish out, you can leave the inverts in the DT.
Could you possibly use your old 55 gallon? 10 fish would be cramped, but it would be better than pulling out your live rock and inverts and trying to hypo a 120 gallon tank. that would be more work than trying to pull your fish out. You might have to remove your LR anyways to get your fish out. I had to. It sucked and it was a lot of work, but BELIEVE me when I say it was worth every minute of it to see my fish healthy and happy again. I say use your 55 gallon as your HT if you could possibly manage.
Exactly. I didn't notice the 55, but you had an 80 gallon tank. You could have treated the fish while they were in there after removing the rocks, sand, and inverts.
Set up a suitable tank and treat your fish.

sh2000

this is a nightmare...I have a flame hawkfish with no signs of ICK also the flame angel looks great the mandarin looks great the goby and tilefish look good and so do the wrasses..slight signs of the beginning of ICK on the BH tang and yellow tangs and on the blue throat trigger. I think it's bad because when the BH tang plays dead he lies on the sand bed which I would assume the ICK to multiply very quickly..so i'm so bummed out..the ICK on the yellow tangs looks like 3 black dots very tiny...the only one who seems to have a mild case of it is the BH tang..so if I can somehow pull of this miracle I can save the fish..as far as the 100 inverts in the 120..I can not get those out some live in the 2-3 inch deep SB.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475251
well the 55 is empty but I have 50 gallons of mixed water for 5 days not sure what the params are on that water hopefully stable..it's been mixing with a heater and 2 PH's for 5 days. the good news if there is any is I also have 25 gallons of my 80 gal cycled tank from old water changes in jugs...I dunno if that helps.
If your 80 gallon is still cycled then use that.

sh2000

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2475255
I am sorry, but this is the poorest excuse that I have heard yet. If you know that you will get tangs then cycle a larger QT! You had ich long before you set up the 120.
Exactly. I didn't notice the 55, but you had an 80 gallon tank. You could have treated the fish while they were in there after removing the rocks, sand, and inverts.
Set up a suitable tank and treat your fish.
The fish did not have any symptoms of any diseases while in the 55 and or in the 80..I recently transfered the 55 contents to the 120...I didnt QT the tangs because when I got them my HT was broken...Like i said Ill be up all night to save these fish.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475257
this is a nightmare...I have a flame hawkfish with no signs of ICK also the flame angel looks great the mandarin looks great the goby and tilefish look good and so do the wrasses..slight signs of the beginning of ICK on the BH tang and yellow tangs and on the blue throat trigger. I think it's bad because when the BH tang plays dead he lies on the sand bed which I would assume the ICK to multiply very quickly..so i'm so bummed out..the ICK on the yellow tangs looks like 3 black dots very tiny...the only one who seems to have a mild case of it is the BH tang..so if I can somehow pull of this miracle I can save the fish..as far as the 100 inverts in the 120..I can not get those out some live in the 2-3 inch deep SB.

Post some pictures of your fish. If you have black ich then there is a different treatment needed.

kornele23

The black ich will need to be treated differently than hypo. But all of your fish need to be treated for "white" ich. If one has it, then they have all been exposed. cramping fish in a smaller tank for a small amount of time is the least of your worries right now. they will be fine if you dont wait too much longer.
I believe he said his 80 gallon already has fish in it. you dont want to add the fish with ich to that tank, then all his 80 gallon fish will get ich.

sh2000

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2475259
If your 80 gallon is still cycled then use that.
80 gallon up and running for 18 months. its cycled. but there is aggresive fish in it bigger than these little tangs and other little fish I have in the 120...I have 25 gallons of cycled water in jugs stored from the 80 and 50 gallons of water in day 5 of mixing...well work something out on that...all this =12 hours 3 hours just to catch all the fish i'm gonna have to rip my tank apart that took me 12 hours to build...but well worth it for the fish I just made a foolish mistake that I'll never make again by adding fish without QT them..my luck my QT was being fixed when these tangs came a week late

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SH2000 http:///forum/post/2475260
The fish did not have any symptoms of any diseases while in the 55 and or in the 80..I recently transfered the 55 contents to the 120...I didnt QT the tangs because when I got them my HT was broken...Like i said Ill be up all night to save these fish.
Yes they did. https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/300997/powder-brown-tang-sick
Ich was in your tank then. I am sorry if I am comming off as harsh, but you could have easily avoided what is going on now. Set up a qt. We will help you through this.

kornele23

http:///forum/post/2475267
80 gallon up and running for 18 months. its cycled. but there is aggresive fish in it bigger than these little tangs and other little fish I have in the 120...I have 25 gallons of cycled water in jugs stored from the 80 and 50 gallons of water in day 5 of mixing...well work something out on that...all this =12 hours 3 hours just to catch all the fish i'm gonna have to rip my tank apart that took me 12 hours to build...but well worth it for the fish I just made a foolish mistake that I'll never make again by adding fish without QT them..my luck my QT was being fixed when these tangs came a week late

I made the same mistake too. Best thing that ever happened to me actually, because now I will never make this same mistake again. This first day is the hardest - getting all your fish out and situated. I'm sure you'll figure it all out. I mean, you have to right??

sh2000

My camera doesn't work i know i know im all broken...but my cell works I'll try to get some of the yellow tangs but doubt they will be good enough quality to see the black ICK maybe I'm wrong and it's not ICK but the BH tang definately has white spots most prob ICK. I'll try and get some pics but i'm feeling very depressed now...there goes my only night out.
I appreciate all the help though.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475271
My camera doesn't work i know i know im all broken...but my cell works I'll try to get some of the yellow tangs but doubt they will be good enough quality to see the black ICK maybe I'm wrong and it's not ICK but the BH tang definately has white spots most prob ICK. I'll try and get some pics but i'm feeling very depressed now...there goes my only night out.
I appreciate all the help though.
First you need to have a cycled qt large enough for all of your fish. Hyposalinity is used for cryptocaryon irritans
. For the black ich you use formalin baths. As long as the bath water is the same as the water that they are in then you will be fine. Read Beth's Common treatments FAQ for formalin dips.

sh2000

I guess your right it was there I just removed it right away into the QT so I figured I got it out...ok so I have the 55 empty I'll put in the 25 gallons of cycled mature water with pristine conditions then ill add the mixed water and do water changes until all the params are stable...I'll put in some PVC to make the fish comfertable and a heater anything else I should put in there ? Once I get all the fish out I'll have the 120 with inverts and corals ...just leave them ?? the ICK will leave the tank after 4 weeks or so ? Then I do Hypo on the fish in the 55 ? should I run the filter and skimmer while doing Hypo.. ? good thing I have a refractometer..anyways i'll get it it will just take a lot of time and it my fauly I didint QT them my tank was down and I tried to take a short cut which is proven to be a very loooooong cut..no one is harsh everyone is trying to help that is why we have these threads again THANKS

sh2000

let me try to shoot you guys some pics of the yellow tangs let me know if you can make out anything.

kornele23

well your fish will by in hypo for at least 3 weeks until AFTER you see the last ich, and then a week of raising the salinity back up....so they will be in there for at least 5 weeks. That will be plenty of time for your DT to rid itself of ich. And the black ich will need to be treated with a formulin bath. You can look at the FAQ thread at the top to get more info on that. Keep the skimmer in the DT. Skimmers don't run very well in the lower salinity, so no need to remove it from the DT.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2475285
I guess your right it was there I just removed it right away into the QT so I figured I got it out...ok so I have the 55 empty I'll put in the 25 gallons of cycled mature water with pristine conditions then ill add the mixed water and do water changes until all the params are stable...I'll put in some PVC to make the fish comfertable and a heater anything else I should put in there ? Once I get all the fish out I'll have the 120 with inverts and corals ...just leave them ?? the ICK will leave the tank after 4 weeks or so ? Then I do Hypo on the fish in the 55 ? should I run the filter and skimmer while doing Hypo.. ? good thing I have a refractometer..anyways i'll get it it will just take a lot of time and it my fauly I didint QT them my tank was down and I tried to take a short cut which is proven to be a very loooooong cut..no one is harsh everyone is trying to help that is why we have these threads again THANKS

The 55 will have to cycle. Use a few cups of sand from your display. If you have any rubble rock, or small pieces without growth on them, that will help as well. The PVC will help for tunnels/"caves". You will need the heater, a good power head and a filter, it can be a hang on filter. Don't worry about your display, ich cannot host non fish. The ich will die without a host. Keep the fish out of the display for at least six weeks. You do not need the skimmer while the fish are in hypo. It will not produce skimate. The water will be light, without the density of the salt, and will not produce foam. While you are lowering the SG of the qt check the PH often. Check the ph of your fresh water and if it needs to be buffered then do it before it goes into the qt. We will walk you through this.

sh2000

its hard to see but again maybe you guys see something else.. they are breathing normally and eating well. showing no symptoms the only one that to my eye looks bad is the BH tang.