This Can't Be-California Democratics Banned It

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/80#post_3428142
Nope. 2007 was the most recent I could find. With the Brady law expiring that year I seriously doubt ownership went down and with the recent court rulings throwing out gun bans I would guess there has been a spike in ownership the last year or so.
I'm wanting to see a picture and breed of this 165ib. dog. My brother had a pretty large Rottwiler, but he was 80 lbs. max. I know Great Danes can get big, but 165 lbs.?

darthtang aw

tell you what.....when you show us a link of this mystery shoot out in a supermarket where both participants were legal open carry in texas i will show you a picture of my dog. a rottweiller is the smallest dog in the mastiff family. that is like looking at a house cat and disbelieving the size of a tiger because of it.
atf website has numbers as recent as 2009: look em up yourself.
darth (what does my dog have to do with the debate) Tang
p.s. stay on point, instead of shifting the discussion to my dog. nice attempt at deflecting the conversation off the gun stats though.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/80#post_3428133
Uh, if someone wants to bring a gun into a bar, they can. If they don't get caught, or don't pull it out, whose gonna know? If you're going to shoot someone in a public place like a restaurant or bar, you do honestly think they give a rat's whether it's legal or not?
Bionic (STD the Antagonizer #2 speaks) Arm
Once again, just pointing out, you're the one who wants to stop legal carry... But you use illegal carry examples of what can happen when people carry legally.
A little confused how you can't grasp the disconnect in logic...

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428219
tell you what.....when you show us a link of this mystery shoot out in a supermarket where both participants were legal open carry in texas i will show you a picture of my dog. a rottweiller is the smallest dog in the mastiff family. that is like looking at a house cat and disbelieving the size of a tiger because of it.
atf website has numbers as recent as 2009: look em up yourself.
darth (what does my dog have to do with the debate) Tang
p.s. stay on point, instead of shifting the discussion to my dog. nice attempt at deflecting the conversation off the gun stats though.
You're the one who says you have the monster dog protecting your house. I've personally never seen a dog that weighs 165. Must suck paying for the dog food. Like I said, the dog could be 300lbs and a .45 at close range would put him down in an instance.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428230
Once again, just pointing out, you're the one who wants to stop legal carry... But you use illegal carry examples of what can happen when people carry legally.
A little confused how you can't grasp the disconnect in logic...
The article never said if the guy was illegally carrying, or had a concealed weapons permit and simply forgot to put his gun in his car before entering the restaurant. All it said was he pulled a gun out and shot another patron. You have this misconception that just because some person obtained a license to legally carry a concealed weapon, they are automatically deemed a responsible and well-mannered person that would never pull his weapon out just for the purpose of self defense. When you get a few too many drinks in you, you don't know what kind of reaction can occur. Alcohol tends to changes a person mental capacities, and someone whose normally a rational individual may be some raging lunatic when they get drunk. I'm normally a mild mannered, mostly passive individual. But if you push my buttons wrong, or back me into a corner, I'm capable of going full-blown postal on you and would beat you to a pulp if I felt my life was being threatened. That's human nature. Protective instincts.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428236
The article never said if the guy was illegally carrying, or had a concealed weapons permit and simply forgot to put his gun in his car before entering the restaurant. All it said was he pulled a gun out and shot another patron. You have this misconception that just because some person obtained a license to legally carry a concealed weapon, they are automatically deemed a responsible and well-mannered person that would never pull his weapon out just for the purpose of self defense. When you get a few too many drinks in you, you don't know what kind of reaction can occur. Alcohol tends to changes a person mental capacities, and someone whose normally a rational individual may be some raging lunatic when they get drunk. I'm normally a mild mannered, mostly passive individual. But if you push my buttons wrong, or back me into a corner, I'm capable of going full-blown postal on you and would beat you to a pulp if I felt my life was being threatened. That's human nature. Protective instincts.
I posted the link upthread somewhere to the Brady anti gun site's list of all the mayhem caused by CCW holders. Based on the number of "crimes" that biased anti gun website could cite I'd say it pretty obvious that the overwhelming majority of CCW holders are honest. There also isn't a whole lot to show many of them lack the common sense to be carrying either.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428250
I posted the link upthread somewhere to the Brady anti gun site's list of all the mayhem caused by CCW holders. Based on the number of "crimes" that biased anti gun website could cite I'd say it pretty obvious that the overwhelming majority of CCW holders are honest. There also isn't a whole lot to show many of them lack the common sense to be carrying either.
How accurate are those numbers? How many gun incidents occur where the local authorities don't report or check whether the gun holder had a concealed license? How many unreported gun injuries occur around the nation? The one's where the assailant wasn't caught. Can you guarantee 100% that none of those individuals had a license to carry concealed or open? The way it sounds in Arizona, anybody can walk around with a gun in the wide open. Is everyone of these individuals licensed to do so? Do the Arizona cops stop every person they see walking around with a gun in open view "for their papers"? You use the same logic with licensed carriers as the Conservatives claim the Tea Partyers are non-violent/non-racist individuals that wouldn't hurt a fly. I say you're wrong on both counts.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428236
Hey the article said bar, that means 51% law applies... It doesn't say restaurant... Meaning he was carrying illegally... Now if it turns out he was a cop, well.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428265
How accurate are those numbers? How many gun incidents occur where the local authorities don't report or check whether the gun holder had a concealed license? How many unreported gun injuries occur around the nation? The one's where the assailant wasn't caught. Can you guarantee 100% that none of those individuals had a license to carry concealed or open? The way it sounds in Arizona, anybody can walk around with a gun in the wide open. Is everyone of these individuals licensed to do so? Do the Arizona cops stop every person they see walking around with a gun in open view "for their papers"? You use the same logic with licensed carriers as the Conservatives claim the Tea Partyers are non-violent/non-racist individuals that wouldn't hurt a fly. I say you're wrong on both counts.
They listed the incidents. You seriously don't think the Brady campaign isn't digging up every single incident they can find? You're REALLY reaching here........
On the other had how often is a gun pulled or displayed to prevent a crime? First off the FBI doesn't keep a statistic on that and there are people who don't report such incidents so there is no telling how many times a year guns are used to prevent crime.

darthtang aw

You're the one who says you have the monster dog protecting your house.  I've personally never seen a dog that weighs 165.  Must suck paying for the dog food.  Like I said, the dog could be 300lbs and a .45 at close range would put him down in an instance.

I am 6'4" 195 lbs. my dog can put his paws on my shoulders comfortably and look me in the eye. how much do you think he would weigh? I have never seen a Predator Drone...does this mean they dont exist? I own two dog businesses.....dog food cost is not a concern for me.
Now...back on subject.
once again you use alcohol as your catalyst for someone grabbing their gun and committing murder. if the gun wasnt there...couldnt the same guy grab a bat, a knife, a car and do the same thing? common sense says yes. so once again...you have proved my point. Alcohol is the bigger killer. I love alcohol...good beer is good.....but if the government wanted to go back to prohibition.....i couldnt put forth and argument as compelling to prevent it as I can guns. until guns kill more people yearly in this country you will forever be a hypocrite wheh calling for the banning of one and not the other in the interest of public safety.
darth (extra stout) Tang

mantisman51

In the semi-rural area I'm in, guns on hips are common and concealed are more so. It is common to go into the Fry's (Kroger) and see 10-15 people with a gun on their hip. Strange we have almost no murders. There have been 3 murders in Cochise County this year and a population of 150K. 2 were stabbings and one was a drive-by. What I think is fantastic is that you see as many Hispanics and black folks with guns as anyone. Of course the majority of our largest town, Sierra Vista, are veterans. I have never once, even when I'm not packing, been afraid or intimidated. I know these folks who are packing have no ill intent, or they wouldn't have them in the open. We've always had the right to have an open gun and now that we have universal CCW, I feel safe enough to not carry my guns when I go into SV. If I know several hundred people around me are packing, it gives me a great sense of security. This unmanly fear of fellow citizens carrying firearms irritates me. Nut up and start having some faith in your fellow citizens. Criminals will always have guns. But they are much less likely to use them when they know they are surrounded by good people packing heat. I especially love seeing so many .45 Peacemakers. Dang fine firearm. I'm gonna have to get one sooner or later.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428311
I am 6'4" 195 lbs. my dog can put his paws on my shoulders comfortably and look me in the eye. how much do you think he would weigh? I have never seen a Predator Drone...does this mean they dont exist? I own two dog businesses.....dog food cost is not a concern for me.
Now...back on subject.
once again you use alcohol as your catalyst for someone grabbing their gun and committing murder. if the gun wasnt there...couldnt the same guy grab a bat, a knife, a car and do the same thing? common sense says yes. so once again...you have proved my point. Alcohol is the bigger killer. I love alcohol...good beer is good.....but if the government wanted to go back to prohibition.....i couldnt put forth and argument as compelling to prevent it as I can guns. until guns kill more people yearly in this country you will forever be a hypocrite wheh calling for the banning of one and not the other in the interest of public safety.
darth (extra stout) Tang
lol, the other day at work, (they are all a buncha semi-fuctional alcoholics) and they were saying something was dangerous and should be banned. I of course decided, and committed to arguing by they should ban booze. you want to talk about a buncha pissed off co-workers. It was hilarious... They still didn't get the point, however.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428340
In the semi-rural area I'm in, guns on hips are common and concealed are more so. It is common to go into the Fry's (Kroger) and see 10-15 people with a gun on their hip. Strange we have almost no murders. There have been 3 murders in Cochise County this year and a population of 150K. 2 were stabbings and one was a drive-by. What I think is fantastic is that you see as many Hispanics and black folks with guns as anyone. Of course the majority of our largest town, Sierra Vista, are veterans. I have never once, even when I'm not packing, been afraid or intimidated. I know these folks who are packing have no ill intent, or they wouldn't have them in the open. We've always had the right to have an open gun and now that we have universal CCW, I feel safe enough to not carry my guns when I go into SV. If I know several hundred people around me are packing, it gives me a great sense of security. This unmanly fear of fellow citizens carrying firearms irritates me. Nut up and start having some faith in your fellow citizens. Criminals will always have guns. But they are much less likely to use them when they know they are surrounded by good people packing heat. I especially love seeing so many .45 Peacemakers. Dang fine firearm. I'm gonna have to get one sooner or later.
Faith in fellow citizens?
That's rich. You're the same person coming on here complaining how those stinkin' illegals are breaking into people's homes, and how there's all these rapist and murderers roaming around the Arizona wilderness. Now you say that some of them are happily walking around in front of you with that .45 on their side. You gotta take some pictures of this Wild West look you have there. You tried doing that on the West Side of San Antonio, you wouldn't make it one block before you got jumped, or some beat up old Chevy drove by and filled you full of holes. 150K? That's a small subdivision here in San Antonio. I know a couple of those that haven't had any type of gun violence in years. What's your point?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/100#post_3428311
Now...back on subject.
darth (extra stout) Tang
I have a friend who has a couple of Danes. I'll have to ask him how much his weighs.
Those type of 'weapons' have been used in parking lots here. Usually late at night when the bars or 'ice houses' start shutting down for the night. You forgot pool cues. I'd rather face a car, knife, or bat. Those are easier to avert. Someone pulls a gun, and even if you can run away, they have a couple hundred feet where they can still 'get' you. Seems it was more convenient for this guy to pull his gun out in this BAR/RESTAURANT. If he'd walked in with a bat, I doubt he'd make it past the front door. Pretty hard to drive a car through the door (although it's been done). Knife? I'd take my chances against a knife versus a gun any day of the week. He'd have to get within a few feet of me just to try and use it. Gun? He could just turn around, start walking towards the door, spin, pull the trigger a few times, then run out the door. Take that element completely out of the equation, and statistics say it's unlikely a murder would happen.

darthtang aw

I have a friend who has a couple of Danes.  I'll have to ask him how much his weighs. 
Those type of 'weapons' have been used in parking lots here.  Usually late at night when the bars or 'ice houses' start shutting down for the night.  You forgot pool cues.  I'd rather face a car, knife, or bat.  Those are easier to avert.  Someone pulls a gun, and even if you can run away, they have a couple hundred feet where they can still 'get' you.  Seems it was more convenient for this guy to pull his gun out in this BAR/RESTAURANT.  If he'd walked in with a bat, I doubt he'd make it past the front door.  Pretty hard to drive a car through the door (although it's been done).  Knife?  I'd take my chances against a knife versus a gun any day of the week.  He'd have to get within a few feet of me just to try and use it.  Gun?  He could just turn around, start walking towards the door, spin, pull the trigger a few times, then run out the door.  Take that element completely out of the equation, and statistics say it's unlikely a murder would happen. 

if carrying a gun in a bar...they are a criminal......all points are moot. no one with a cc carries in a bar as they know it is ilegal if their state is that way. as they have taken the training course. any one legally open carrying would be told to remove the gun from the premises upon entry.
in a bar..i can stab just as many patron as a revolver hold bullets in less than 30 seconds. I have seen it done.
a drunk in a car....you have no warning. last year we had a couple drunk drivers drive right through someones living room...the other hit the newborns bedroom.......lucky the child was not in the room at the moment. you dont have to drinking in a bar to be exposed to a dangerous individual under the influence of alcohol.

reefraff

I knew a guy who didn't need a weapon. Was trained in some crazy martial art that is offensive in nature.

mantisman51

Bionic, now I know you are pulling our legs or you're really just not thinking too well. There are non-white Americans and it is there right to carry. It is illegal for illegals to have firearms. I have no problem with "minorities" exercising their Constitutional rights. Strange someone who considers themselves liberal would automatically assume a Hispanic with a gun would automatically be an illegal, isn't it? You have, however, taken this thread to the ridiculous left fringe that I hoped a liberal would. You see, when a liberal gets excited and says what they really think, it is quite telling.