This guy wants to be president?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2707213
Some issues need not be talked about like abortion... this is something the president has no control over and its such a 50/50 argument.... I am pro-life, but I also believe in a womens right to choose. My advise would be that there are so many other options to it, but ultimately I can't make that decision for them..
We can talk about other issues... what about them?
I voted for it before I voted against it

I am for a womans right to choose too, to choose to slip that trojan on him...

1journeyman

http:///forum/post/2707213
Some issues need not be talked about like abortion... this is something the president has no control over and its such a 50/50 argument.... I am pro-life, but I also believe in a womens right to choose. My advise would be that there are so many other options to it, but ultimately I can't make that decision for them..
We can talk about other issues... what about them?
The Spupreme Court judges a President chooses have a direct influence on social policies. Your candidate is pro-abortion.
Are you for the Nationalization of the Energy, Medical, and banking industries?
Raising the CGT?
Cutting the military's R&D?
Sending more troops into Afghanistan?

rylan1

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2707222
I voted for it before I voted against it

I am for a womans right to choose too, to choose to slip that trojan on him...
I agree... but then again its a personal decision and a complicated one... I'd say we need to tighten it up a little bit, many women belief that this is their choice and it is their body... okay... but these same women need to take control of their body and make a guy strap up... because pregnancy is not the worst thing that can happen

rylan1

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2707280
The Spupreme Court judges a President chooses have a direct influence on social policies. Your candidate is pro-abortion.
Are you for the Nationalization of the Energy, Medical, and banking industries?
Raising the CGT?
Cutting the military's R&D?
Sending more troops into Afghanistan?
There needs to be a balance with Supreme Court Justices... I don't want all to have same point of view... Bush got two in... I actually believe my candidate to have the same view as I do on this... What does McCain believe... we don't know... He won't discuss faith so its hard to understand if he believes in anti-abortion or if its based on politics.
I do agree we need more troops in Afganistan... I'm all for meaningful wars...
Capital Gains Tax... both candidates plans may have both positive and negatives parts.... With an increase in tax.. people are more likely to hang on to investments, which will stregthen the market perception and company cash assests... basically it could have a postive effect on economy... I think a raise would be fine, but I do think 28 would be too hign... I think you'll see it closer to 20-23.

1journeyman

http:///forum/post/2707456
There needs to be a balance with Supreme Court Justices... I don't want all to have same point of view... Bush got two in... I actually believe my candidate to have the same view as I do on this... What does McCain believe... we don't know... He won't discuss faith so its hard to understand if he believes in anti-abortion or if its based on politics.
I do agree we need more troops in Afganistan... I'm all for meaningful wars...
Capital Gains Tax... both candidates plans may have both positive and negatives parts.... With an increase in tax.. people are more likely to hang on to investments, which will stregthen the market perception and company cash assests... basically it could have a postive effect on economy... I think a raise would be fine, but I do think 28 would be too hign... I think you'll see it closer to 20-23.
Obama is against parental notification, against making it a crime to prosecute adults for taking minors across state lines to get an abortion, and refused to vote for a law requiring doctors to treat babies born during a botched partial birth abortion. Does this sound like your position on abortion?
McCain has stated he agrees with the GOP's Right to Life position. Doesn't get much more clear than that...
So killing Al Qaeda in Afghanistan is meaningful, but killing them in Iraq is not. Fair enough...
Please do more research on the Capital Gains Tax... What you have currently posted makes no sense. An increase on capital gains will punish people for investing... they will be less
willing to invest, not more.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2707456
Capital Gains Tax... both candidates plans may have both positive and negatives parts.... With an increase in tax.. people are more likely to hang on to investments,
which will stregthen the market perception and company cash assests... basically it could have a postive effect on economy... I think a raise would be fine, but I do think 28 would be too hign... I think you'll see it closer to 20-23.
You honestly, and actually believe that?

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2707507
You honestly, and actually believe that?
That had to be one of the most foolish statements I have seen in quite some time. Another case of the Obamites trying to make the facts match the rhetoric. I have 6 figures worth of investments and I gurantee you, doubling the capital gains taxes only means I go for lower return investments that are tax exempt or maybe move offshore with the Kennedy's and other fat cats who avoid the higher taxes they support. Not sure if I have enough in non IRA and 401K investments to make the off shore stuff worth it but there are plenty of tax exempt bonds that can be purchased for 4 years if need be.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2707522
That had to be one of the most foolish statements I have seen in quite some time. Another case of the Obamites trying to make the facts match the rhetoric. I have 6 figures worth of investments and I gurantee you, doubling the capital gains taxes only means I go for lower return investments that are tax exempt or maybe move offshore with the Kennedy's and other fat cats who avoid the higher taxes they support. Not sure if I have enough in non IRA and 401K investments to make the off shore stuff worth it but there are plenty of tax exempt bonds that can be purchased for 4 years if need be.
Exactly.. Raising the Capital Gains Tax will drive money out of the economy and punish those who have money tied up in plans where they can't get it out...
How raising the Capital Gains tax would encourage investment is beyond me.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2707522
Unless they just ignored everyone, I don't think they'd actually be succesful in raising the cap gains tax, doubling it as proposed would be political and economic suicide, and surely their is one obama advisor that realises that and will tell him. Almost 50% of americans own stock, and for alot of those it will directly effect their retirements. I don't think Obama will knowingly do something like taking money away from old people. It just shows his inexperience, he goes and talks to some rich liberal they fill his head and Obama regurgitates it.

robdog696

http:///forum/post/2707185
First of of all, I commend you for being in the armed forces... its a choice you made... and I think it is very unfair to assume that people who make another choice are less patriotic... Getting involved shows my own desires to have an impact. My choice was to volunteer.. to register voters... etc... Its something that my ancestors and others died for to that others would have that power. They were not soilders, yet they paid the utlimate sacrifice for the country, the very same country that was responsible for their deaths.
I am very well informed of the significance of this election, and the storm that circles it and threatens our way of life. If it were my call to pick up a rifle and outfit myself in camoflauge... I'd do it... but I believe I have a different call...in which I am pursuing... and it is going to take the same courage and strength.. you as a soilder face... I believe in the war against terror... and the Iraq war is a front. I have the right to question the leadership of this country because I chose to vote in the last election. I believe we have been put into this postion because we are in a war that was bought and sold based on lies. We live in a brutal world, with evil men. This is not limited to Iraq, we choose were we go based on what's good for us... If you want to talk about liberation and tyranny... there are places of greater urgency that need to be visited.
If you want to talk about WMD's... there are greater places of urgency that need to be visited.
I know the candidate I support is not perfect... but in a time where we stand to lose our place in the world... and perhaps the world all together... I choose to support the person who I believe is best equipped to do so. The next President is more than just a Commander in Chief.. what are the qualities of a good leader? What makes a good coach... What makes a good sergeant or battlion leader?
Ask yourself those questions... my views are my my own... where do you get yours from? It would seem that the republican candidate only looks to question character, which maybe what you are trying to do... and pandering to emotions and feel good bandaids, instead of addressing the very real issues we face and providing real solutions... our problems are so much bigger than the war in Iraq...
Whoever sold you on your resounding support of a single party and every single point of view it encompasses must be one hell of a salesman. It's not even worth discussing with you because you don't want to know both sides of any issue. You just want the side you know to be right. Go inflate your tires!

oscardeuce

http:///forum/post/2707204
And yet they still made record profits.... this is not about how much profit they made, or how much in taxes they pay... They are part of the problem, because we all know tha oil is a limited resource.. and they have blocked the acceptance and availablity of alternative and renewable energy... They have all their cards in one basket and continue to want to profit from it... They are hurting the american people along with the environment. These people are billionaires and you want us to think they have our interests at heart? The reason why things have not changed because they are comfortable making the money they make, and their money and power has persuaded our gov't to allow them to operate in this manner.
Who made "record profits"? Let's look and see, the oil company made 11 billion, the gov't made 34 billion. Let's ask for windfall tax refund from the gov't.
If I remember correctly, before it was rewritten, history tells us of 13 colonies, rebelling against a controlling overtaxing gov't. They threw the tea in the harbor for a 0.5% tax. That was then this is now. We are taxed to death by a gov't intended to be weak and limited, not controlling and overtaxing, looks like we've come full circle.

stdreb27

What is this guy thinking, now this is the second time he has caved but continued to say his original position was correct. This guy is like a friggen 5 year old.
The link to obama acting a fool again.
"I think it's important for the American people to understand we're not going to drill our way out of this problem," he said.
"It's also important to recognize if you start drilling now you won't see a drop of oil for ten years, which means its not going to have a significant impact on short-term prices. Every expert agrees on that."
-Obama
Sounds kind of reminiscent of his surge position. The surge http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07...lence-in-iraq/
I ask you think why cave and change 2 of the larger pillars of the I hate bush policy. The surge and drilling for oil. If you were right in the first place.
And this guy wants to be president?

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2708450
What is this guy thinking, now this is the second time he has caved but continued to say his original position was correct. This guy is like a friggen 5 year old.
The link to obama acting a fool again.
"I think it's important for the American people to understand we're not going to drill our way out of this problem," he said.
"It's also important to recognize if you start drilling now you won't see a drop of oil for ten years, which means its not going to have a significant impact on short-term prices. Every expert agrees on that."
-Obama
Sounds kind of reminiscent of his surge position. The surge http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07...lence-in-iraq/
I ask you think why cave and change 2 of the larger pillars of the I hate bush policy. The surge and drilling for oil. If you were right in the first place.
And this guy wants to be president?

I wonder how long it will be before Obama says he was actually for drilling all along and it was McCain who moved to his position

notsonoob

He already did.
Tomorrow, he will be against it again...
Then a week from Saturday, he will say DRILL! DRILL! DRILL!!!!
Then the next day he'll slam dunk over Oprah, the say drilling is fer Tards!

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2708542
I wonder how long it will be before Obama says he was actually for drilling all along and it was McCain who moved to his position

Just an FYI to all you people out there, the "you won't see a drop in ten years" is simply not true, as part of their research before they mobilize a gaint rig, is drilling test holes. They'll get quite a bit of oil out of the hole at that point.
Also we just finished a "fast tracked" project, which including building a giant ship and drilling in 100 meters of water, from discovery to first oil was less than 6 years. Depending on the infrastructure needed you are really talking around 5 years to 10 years to be fully operational. That ten year pulled out of their rear figure would mean the whole field in full production. It would be more accurate to say the field wouldn't reach full production for 10 years.

notsonoob

http:///forum/post/2707204
And yet they still made record profits.... this is not about how much profit they made, or how much in taxes they pay... They are part of the problem, because we all know tha oil is a limited resource.. and they have blocked the acceptance and availablity of alternative and renewable energy... They have all their cards in one basket and continue to want to profit from it... They are hurting the american people along with the environment. These people are billionaires and you want us to think they have our interests at heart? The reason why things have not changed because they are comfortable making the money they make, and their money and power has persuaded our gov't to allow them to operate in this manner.

So it is wrong to make a profit? Now, I do agree that there has to be more oversight of a utility, which I do include getting gas to the pump, but in reality they make less of a percentage of profit, per part of product that just about every other business in America. The other reasons, is that most of them merged and bought out competition along the way, during the 90's oil glout when most in the oil business were going belly up.
The only thing keeping gas stations afloat in reality is selling 1.50 cokes.
You really want to see who is profiting by all this, look at the shiek putting up the world's largest building in Dubai.
Time to build, buy, and drill America first.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2708568
Just an FYI to all you people out there, the "you won't see a drop in ten years" is simply not true, as part of their research before they mobilize a gaint rig, is drilling test holes. They'll get quite a bit of oil out of the hole at that point.
Also we just finished a "fast tracked" project, which including building a giant ship and drilling in 100 meters of water, from discovery to first oil was less than 6 years. Depending on the infrastructure needed you are really talking around 5 years to 10 years to be fully operational. That ten year pulled out of their rear figure would mean the whole field in full production. It would be more accurate to say the field wouldn't reach full production for 10 years.
Yeah, according to engineers at Transocean depending on the location 12~18 months on the closer stuff and they can't see anything that would take over 6 years to bring on line. Of course what a a company like that know about drilling

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2709007
Yeah, according to engineers at Transocean depending on the location 12~18 months on the closer stuff and they can't see anything that would take over 6 years to bring on line. Of course what a a company like that know about drilling

Well it all depends, like if we wanted to drill of the east coast, they'd have to set up pipelines ect, and that is what would take the time. The drilling and setting up the platform doesn't take very long at all.
The real delays would be long lead time items or just the supply of boats, the availability of fab yards ect. Most of the stuff you can't just go down to the store and buy, someone has to make it, and imo the biggest delay is going to be the purchasing for the materials and installation equipment. Right now their are delays, if the open up the continental shelf and Alaska, it is going to be a boom like we haven't seen in a while. IMO it would be enough to notice it in national economic numbers.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2709040
Well it all depends, like if we wanted to drill of the east coast, they'd have to set up pipelines ect, and that is what would take the time. The drilling and setting up the platform doesn't take very long at all.
The real delays would be long lead time items or just the supply of boats, the availability of fab yards ect. Most of the stuff you can't just go down to the store and buy, someone has to make it, and imo the biggest delay is going to be the purchasing for the materials and installation equipment. Right now their are delays, if the open up the continental shelf and Alaska, it is going to be a boom like we haven't seen in a while. IMO it would be enough to notice it in national economic numbers.
Oh yeah, how many people does it take to build one platform? Just the economic benefit is worth it. I saw something about using concrete tanks on the ocean floor to hold the oil rather than connecting directly to shore. Then just using tankers to haul the oil rather than laying pipelines.