thoughts on other life..

reefreak29

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
There is no way the world is only 10,000 years old. Dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago.
I totally agree with Beth on the topic of science and religion also. I don't see any reason why science and religion cannot exist together.
whers the proof in that( dont tell me carbon testing because its a bunch of crap

reefreak29

Originally Posted by ruaround
carbon dating... cmon it is not a theory that dinosaurs existed... it is fact...

its abvious they exsisted but they died in the great flood

darknes

I agree with 37gJoe. Carbon dating is all based on theory. Actually, very little of science is actually based on fact.
It amazes me that people will be so stubborn and only accept what they "think" is true because some scientists have said it is. Could the world and be only 10,000 years old? Of course. There are scientists that have written some very interesting books on the subject.
This may be a little off topic, but take Evolution, for example. I for one don't buy it. So many people believe in evolution based off of what scientists have said, without trying to learn the facts. There is actually very little evidence that supports evolution in the way that Darwin presented it. If you read into it, it can be quite interesting.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need carbon dating to see how old a rock on this planet is. Carbon dating is only good for organic matter. Geology itself tells the story of our age.

blb9

As far as other life being out there, I say it is a definate probibility, considering how humoungously big the universe is.
Now, about the whole 'how old is the world', carbon dating is proved to work because it is being tested all the time. Take a leaf, for instance. When you pluck it off the plant, it slowly dies. The radioactive isotope of carbon that resides can be tested how much it decays, since it is constantly being replenished in the living organism, as far as I understand it.
As far as dinosaurs go, I think it is hard not to believe in huge bones that fit together to fit a lizard-like reptile. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I think Beth has the right idea of how science and religion need to coexist. During the dark ages, religion did it's best to stamp out science. Now, during the technological age, it could be argued that science is trying to make people so separated and in control of thier lives that is is waging a war against religion. Both parties are wrong.

reefreak29

im done with this thread , science isnt fact just theory and none of us have been around for millions of years do it cant be provin

37g joe

Originally Posted by Beth
37g-J, I was thinking more of our current living coral reefs, obviously getting started after the last ice age, since ice is not conducive to coral reef development. But, you are right, coral itself is a very ancient species, indeed. Again, an indication of how life has the capacity to survive catastrophic calamities.

How can Corals survive even a year without light can we repelcate this? Their are so many flaws with these therories it takes mor faith to believe in them than in God at least with God You can believe that not everything is held to scientifc rules. Stop kiding yourselves. I chalenge any of you to keep hard coral alive for a year withought any lighting in your tank. It sure takes alot of faith to believe these scientific therories.
Beth how long would you say sps coral can live with NO light what so ever?

ruaround

You don't need carbon dating to see how old a rock on this planet is. Carbon dating is only good for organic matter. Geology itself tells the story of our age.
wow ... didnt realize we were on the same page...
carbon dating is only a theory to the some... if the dinosaurs were washed out in the great flood then why werent there any mention of it... there are plenty of species that did make it that arent mentioned... IE coral reefs... noah didnt have a reef tank in the arc... now did he... ya all still didnt answer the question about it being a right to be here...
if it happened here... it can happen else where... unless 10,000 days is your answer...
thats just about how long Bush has been in office... :hilarious oh wait i am a little off...
scotty beem me up!!!

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
How can Corals survive even a year without light can we repelcate this? Their are so many flaws with these therories it takes mor faith to believe in them than in God at least with God You can believe that not everything is held to scientifc rules. Stop kiding yourselves. I chalenge any of you to keep hard coral alive for a year withought any lighting in your tank. It sure takes alot of faith to believe these scientific therories.
Beth how long would you say sps coral can live with NO light what so ever?
theres thousands of different coral in the deep sea, where there is no light...discovery channel doesnt lie

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Why would dinosaurs be wiped out in the FLOOD??? Didn't Noah take 2 of each, thus all dinos should have survived! :thinking:

reefreak29

Why would dinosaurs be wiped out in the FLOOD??? Didn't Noah take 2 of each, thus all dinos should have survived! :thinking:

they were to big to fit on the arc

1journeyman

Originally Posted by reefreak29
they were to big to fit on the arc
That's problematic, imho. If you take a literal interpretation of Genesis then it seems unfair to not take a literal interpretation of the flood account: "And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark (Gen 6:19a)

reefreak29

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
That's problematic, imho. If you take a literal interpretation of Genesis then it seems unfair to not take a literal interpretation of the flood account: "And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark (Gen 6:19a)
lol its just a theory dont take it personally , anyhow there were just certain land animals that were taken to the ark which it stats in genesis

clown boy

i can believe that since the worlds only 10000 years old (according to bible)
According to the Bible, it's about 6,000 years old. And that's very believeable.

clown boy

lol its just a theory dont take it personally , anyhow there were just certain land animals that were taken to the ark which it stats in genesis
You know, there were baby dinosaurs.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
You know, there were baby dinosaurs.

yes but i think they were eaten :hilarious

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
According to the Bible, it's about 6,000 years old. And that's very believeable.
yeh thats about right i just said 10000

clown boy

Geology itself tells the story of our age.
All right. Tell me how. ***)
How many of you have checked out wayofthemaster dot com?
Check out the Evolution part.