Tiffany's 400G build thread

S

smallreef

Are you going to cover the windows with ? tint, or plastic blinds? or something first before you cant get to them anymore? lol

tiffanyk

well currently I have a Clown Trigger, Humu Humu, blue Hippo .I would like to add a Queen angel, achillies tang, yellow tang or two.
any suggestions?

S

smallreef

Sorry, couldn't tell with the shears (looking on my phone,lol) Hopefully they are plastic so you don't have a bunch of rusty blinds you can't get to in a year,lol

kiefers

I think a chocolate Tang would look very nice in your set up. There are two fish I really really want and can't have either d/t my tank size, The Ch. Tang and the Huma Huma!!

S

smallreef

An Achilles tang or Desarjin sailfin would look really pretty.. LOVE tiggers so feel free to add a pair of crosshatch, maybe a blue jaw.. even a niger would be gorgeous with its pretty tail! (Im partial to triggers my self as you can tell)

tiffanyk

this is just what I've wanted for a long time but is it even possible to add to my tank....Gray smooth hound shark? Anyone with experience?

S

smallreef

no experience.. wilipedia says it gets to almost 5 ft???? thats pretty big...

S

smallreef

could always do a bamboo shark... or a blacktip reef shark,, course they can cost a few hundred dollars (the blacktip that is) and usually dont have a 30 day guarantee, lol

tirtza

wow! A tank with sharks, how amazing! Are you going to keep those two tanks that you already have in addition to the 400 gallon?
I'm just curious because the more threads I read on this site, the more I realize that people in this hobby typically have more then one, two, or even three tanks. I read one thread I think it was Saxman?....but he has loads of tanks! I'm so jealous! What is the average number of tanks that the typical enthusiast has at any one time?

tiffanyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtza http:///t/388213/tiffanys-400g-build-thread/80#post_3438780
wow! A tank with sharks, how amazing! Are you going to keep those two tanks that you already have in addition to the 400 gallon?
I'm just curious because the more threads I read on this site, the more I realize that people in this hobby typically have more then one, two, or even three tanks. I read one thread I think it was Saxman?....but he has loads of tanks! I'm so jealous! What is the average number of tanks that the typical enthusiast has at any one time?
I have 4 tanks now..2 fresh 2 salt.(not including the 400) I'm not sure what to get rid of lol...but I'm not done. I'm thinking of doing a 30 gallon or so seahorse tank. That wont come until next year though.

S

smallreef

Yeah blacktips still get big.. thats why your best bet if you want a shark is a bamboo or eppaulette shark....
and you could still have some large fish in with one..

desertdawg

I just have the one, was hoping to set up a 70 gallon FO but I'm not sure it's going to happen yet.
Hurry up Tiffany, I'm dying to see pictures of your new tank!