TriGa22's Tank Diary

N

nemo_66

are they fuzzy, or have green stripes or just green? i already have a just all around green one, so may be intrested in a fuzzy or stripe. sadly, all i can frag is my kenya tree, everything else is single lol

triga22

Wow, seems like people only look and not post... Lots a post up front now none....
Here is a quick picture of my messy tank

sk8shorty01

I just wanted to say awesome job so far. I just got a 55 gallon last week (my first salt) and will be doing one of these as well. Oh yeah, GO BRAVES!!!!

reefkprz

I think you need some more flow down in the bottom of that tank.
When you do water changes suck out as much of that slime as possible. that will help remove nutrients.

triga22

Thanks, Go Braves!!!
Reef-I put my MJ down at the bottom, did a water change but didnt get to suck much out, its like stuck there.Lights were off all yesterday and today.Wet skimming too.

reefkprz

try using a piece of airline tubing kind of scrape it accross the rocks (this will allow you more time to get stuff while removing less water., the stuff on the sand you should be able to suck out no prob even if you get some of the sand with it.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Wow, seems like people only look and not post... Lots a post up front now none....
That's how my thread is going to. Looks like you have a clean up job to do, but other than that, it's looking good.

triga22

Thanks, I try and stay with your thread. Last I checked you gotthe goby and cardinals (new goby).

triga22

Marlin (Always crusing around)

Gurgle (Never leaves his rock so I cant get a good shot)

The new polyps (Please identify)

Losts more coming up so stay here
.. Uploading

triga22

I know its dark but some really green polyps (Please identify)

Yellow polyps and some others (please identify)

GSP, Bought a while ago but never took a pic

Still more to come so please stay and comment

reefkprz

the first polyps are a type of protopalythoas. likes meaty foods, med to high light. have lots of them they multiply fast, (wear gloves when fragging, they ARE toxic)

reefkprz

iinderect flow is best, Moderate but not blasting, if the current carrys flake food to them but doesnt lay the polyps sideways youve got it.

tx reef

The hair algae and cyano is growing great!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just messing with you

Looking good. I really like the new rock. I would put some shrooms and zoos on it. It would look pretty cool when they grow over the whole rock....