troy's 29g biocube diary

troy989

lol i gota new acro and its doin great!! unlike the other one. probly buying my b&w ocseleris clown soon beth said 6 weeks (because of brooklynella) and its been passed. mrcoral has like 3 but i think there a lil bit bigger than mine.

troy989

bump my new acro is doin great no pic lights are off my bro is getin his tank tommorow lol i offered him one piece of lr and het got pissed he wants 4 but i only have like 8

nikesb

u should never take out established bio balls all at once. you should research more. yes bio balls can trap stuff, but removing alot at once shocks the system and could possibly cause a mini cycle. you should've taken it out slowly like 1 handful a week

nissan577

i know. nike is just jealous
im kidding even tho he does have a point by taking out all the bioballs at once you have a chance of nothing happening. thats what i did to my first bio. he had the balls for 3 months and i took them all out and replace it and nothing happened. remember every tank is different.

nikesb

yeh all i said was it could. in this hobby, why leave things up to chance? its different with every tank of course. depending on your bio-load. if it was overstocked, it would more likely cycle as the bacteria load cannot keep up. same with tank transfers, some people see mini cycles, some dont. but just to be safe, better to go slow if its going to be the same result in the end