trying a 75 AGAIN

matt b

Well I got some new corals this morning befor the lights came on so I added them and then about an hr or so later my copperband was FREAKING out and getting stuck in rocks and powerheads. So I put him in the 29 so he wouldent mess up my whole tank if he died. Heres some pix

matt b

Stanly (copperband) is back in the 75 and doing well. I guess he just needed some chill time by himself in the 29. Everything looks good and is open! It is sooooo hard for my to keep my hands out of the tank you have no idea

hefner413

I know what you mean about keeping your hands off... I found out how beneficial it is to leave everything alone tho.. I went on vacation for 2 wks and my dad and bro helped take care of my 55 gal reef (they are very able), but I told them to just feed, supplement and keep an eye on things. When I came back, the tank glass was entirely dirty but everything was more open than ever before. I only clean about every 4th day or so, but I think I'm going to start doing it just once a week after seeing how well things became.. And I'm surely going to keep my hand out of there in general..

matt b

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2580502
I know what you mean about keeping your hands off... I found out how beneficial it is to leave everything alone tho.. I went on vacation for 2 wks and my dad and bro helped take care of my 55 gal reef (they are very able), but I told them to just feed, supplement and keep an eye on things. When I came back, the tank glass was entirely dirty but everything was more open than ever before. I only clean about every 4th day or so, but I think I'm going to start doing it just once a week after seeing how well things became.. And I'm surely going to keep my hand out of there in general..
I know I am just soo anal about EVERY little thing
My mom will come down and be like what are you looking at and im like you do see that the acro is tipped just a lil bit and hse just thinks im crazy
I just got done putting the copperband in and putting some small rubble on the sand cause I was getting a sand storm all the time. And I am DONE puttin my hand in till next week I am not even gonna get any more coral! the only reason I will go in is if a coral falls

K

kat74

HOLY CRAP!!!! I miss your thread for a couple of days, come back and find ALL of this new, awesome stuff!!~

Those rics!! Where did you get them from where they send them attached to big pieces of rubble like that??? And how much did you have to pay??? I've GOT to have some of those!! They look awesome on your sandbed like that!!~

Sorry to hear about your copperband.
You know what I'm going through with my own babies (furbaby and Picasso babies), so it's been a rough couple of days. It's day 2 in the hospital tank for one of my Picasso's and I'm wondering if the other one should be in there too.
Their fighting REALLY did a number on that ones mouth. Poor thing. His mouth is all jacked up. Looks like a duck, or "Wanda" from In Living Color.

Anyway, let me know where you got those rics and how much they were.... gotta have some of those!~

OH!! And LOOOOOOVE the pagoda cup!! Love the color! If I see a small one like that, I'm getting it!

matt b

Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2580561
HOLY CRAP!!!! I miss your thread for a couple of days, come back and find ALL of this new, awesome stuff!!~

Those rics!! Where did you get them from where they send them attached to big pieces of rubble like that??? And how much did you have to pay??? I've GOT to have some of those!! They look awesome on your sandbed like that!!~

Sorry to hear about your copperband.
You know what I'm going through with my own babies (furbaby and Picasso babies), so it's been a rough couple of days. It's day 2 in the hospital tank for one of my Picasso's and I'm wondering if the other one should be in there too.
Their fighting REALLY did a number on that ones mouth. Poor thing. His mouth is all jacked up. Looks like a duck, or "Wanda" from In Living Color.

Anyway, let me know where you got those rics and how much they were.... gotta have some of those!~

OH!! And LOOOOOOVE the pagoda cup!! Love the color! If I see a small one like that, I'm getting it!
It was about 250 to 300 shiped for the whole sandbed of rics. Yes I have gotten so much over the last few days I need to stop for a week or two. I think thats why my copperband has been so stressed but hes doing great now and back in the 75! The rics did not come on the big rubble BUT they came on little rubbles and then I glued those onto the big rubble I had. Some came with like 5 to 6 polyps on big rubble tho. I will send you link to where I got them. Afew are from flricordia and some of the zoas. I will try and get some good shots later tonight of everything. I hope everything works out with your dog and clowns. You must be one busy lady

matt b

Ha! I took the camera! Whats now? If I get beat up for taking it I want a thanks you from you guys

matt b

I just checked on my sun coral and it was open 100%!!!! So I went ahead and fed him some mysis and he eat like a PIG

matt b

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2583009
I LOVE your pics! Especially the Ricordia garden you have going on :) Nice job!
Thanks!!! I cant wait untill it grows out and theres like no sand left
I am running out of room for coral I need to get my frag tank going
Speaking of that I talked to the guy thats building it about a week ago and he said the canopy will be done in about 2 weeks. It will have one 175 MH 12k

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2583016
Thanks!!! I cant wait untill it grows out and theres like no sand left
I am running out of room for coral I need to get my frag tank going
Speaking of that I talked to the guy thats building it about a week ago and he said the canopy will be done in about 2 weeks. It will have one 175 MH 12k
I hear ya on running out of space. So far I haven't attached any of my corals in the tank yet so I'm running out of *floor* space right now... hehe
PS posted new pics and more to come later today.

matt b

I dont know why I just thought of this but I have trimed my cheato in my DIY HOB fuge 4 times since I got it a month ago!!