trying to quit smoking help

fishkiller

yeah man, that works. I appreciate it. After my knee surgery (removing blown minisiscus (sp?)), I'm going to be

[hr]
training myself. I don't care if some people think I'm too old, I know what my shins do to a person's head. It's a beautiful thing.

seasalt101

my gf's brother is 30 you got 2 years on him, train hard hit harder, you'll be fine it only hurts if you let it hurt, oh and quit smoking(had tro stay with the thread man)...tobin

seasalt101

my gf's brother is 30 you got 2 years on him, train hard hit harder, you'll be fine it only hurts if you let it hurt, oh and quit smoking(had to stay with the thread man)...tobin

reefforbrains

Blown Miniscus?
Loads of fun isnt it. Just finished the third surgery on mine.
Did you go with the cadaver graft or Misicoscopy?
Thats actually what got me into my routine again. I work out like a fool but lost tons of mass from the lay up and all the complications

nigerbang

Just to kinda toss my hat in the ring...I found out one time that I was allergic to the Lime in Concrete mix the hard way....Poof right in the face...Had an onset of Chemical Pnumonia(sp) caused both lungs to fail I was breathing on 30%...So I had to quit also...I was prescribed Zyban to help me....If you are taking those and decide to light up...It will be the worst feeling ever, makes you feel sick as hell...Worked great for me...On the large downside it is also known by another name...Wellbutrin...Which is an Anti-Depress. Alot of people have bad reactions to anti-d's...As I did one time..Different story altogether..Lexapro....(bad stuff)

tx reef

I took Zyban for 2 weeks and never had a craving. It was so easy to quit. After 8 months, I smoked a cigarette in celebration of something (don't remember what it was) and I was back to smoking 2 packs a day.
Before my wife and I got married, she made me promise to quit smoking after we got married......8 months after we got married I was standing outside smoking and she asked me when I was going to quit. I said, how about right now? I finished the one I was smoking and threw away the rest and spent the rest of the day in bed clutching a pillow. It was horrible quitting without any assistance, but I did it. Without the Zyban, it took at least 3 months for the cravings to completely go away. The first month was horrible, but after that it was pretty manageable. I have now been quit for over 2 years....
My uncle smokes one cigarette a day. Must be nice not to have that addictive personality.......

judyk

I just happened to see this thread. Chantix works. I know

[hr]
smokers that it worked for. Of course, you have to make up your mind you are really going to quit. It won't do it for you but, you won't take the lives of others around you, in the process.

turningtim

OK I'm with you all! My story is very much the same as above.
Its just time. I used the patch and quit for 8 months. So I think I'll go back and try that. I know cold turkey won't work i'm just to weak!
TX I knew someone very similar. My friends Granny had one Lucky after dinner. Thats it!
Tim

seasalt101

i've been smoking since i was twelve, that was 1976, and i am now in the crave zone but fighting valiently, that means no coffee...tobin

tx reef

Taking caffiene out of your diet helps a whole lot. I quit drinking carbonated drinks altogether when I quit....

reefreak29

im going to try to quite cold turkey on saturday ill have a week off of work and the kid will be with my mom till monday is anyone with me?

renogaw

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Taking caffiene out of your diet helps a whole lot. I quit drinking carbonated drinks altogether when I quit....
this is an absolute must. when you quit smoking, your metabolism will slow down to a screaching halt. most people go from one addiction to another, and caffeine is just as addictive as anything. My ex boss went from 2 packs a day, through throat cancer, quit cold turkey, and started drinking 2 pots of coffee a day. he balooned up about 60 lbs.

ford81502

you might laught at this but my girlfriend wit smoking after 12 years. she went a tried this new laser treatment that we have in louisville should be around if you check... well she went and got this treatment for $300 i was there and watched i though FULL OF SH*t he told here to drive a different way to work and a different way home and she wouldnt have cravings and it worked... they say people smoke because its a routine. after lunch, breaks, driving you know.. well she has not smoked a cig in 2 years and cant stand to be around it..... its called LASER PURE take a look in to it...

reefreak29

Originally Posted by FORD81502
you might laught at this but my girlfriend wit smoking after 12 years. she went a tried this new laser treatment that we have in louisville should be around if you check... well she went and got this treatment for $300 i was there and watched i though FULL OF SH*t he told here to drive a different way to work and a different way home and she wouldnt have cravings and it worked... they say people smoke because its a routine. after lunch, breaks, driving you know.. well she has not smoked a cig in 2 years and cant stand to be around it..... its called LASER PURE take a look in to it...
i tried this and it didnt work for me . i felt like i was quiting cold turkey

pontius

here's the lowdown on Chantix. I am currently on it. it is a 3 month program where you take 2

[hr]
a day. I am on my 5th week and I am still smoking, but I'm smoking MUCH less (I was smoking about a pack a day, now I'm smoking about 5 cigarettes a day). like a poster above said, you have to set a date and quit.
the thing about Chantix is that if you take it on an empty stomach or you try to smoke soon after taking a pill, it will make you dog sick. also, I find that I'm not thinking about smoking much. used to, I would smoke as soon as I got in the car to go to work. now, it's usually after lunch before I think about smoking. I've heard almost everyone who's taken it has quit. my wife's uncle was a 3 pack a day smoker and Chantix helped him quit. he hasn't smoked in several months now.
Chantix is expensive. I think it's not covered by insurance, and it is $95.99/month. but if it will work, it's worth it.

reefforbrains

Roll Call- whos quitting?
I woke slept in till about 8am but its now 1pm my time. And smoke free so far......lots of pacing around. Dishes clean, house vaccuumed, dogs washed, cars washed, windows washed........I have physical therapy this afternoon so tonight I will most likley be busy squirrling around with building more on the stand. Just restless......