trying to quit smoking help

maxalmon

Perhaps this will make things a little easier for you. First photo is of a lady who had to have both lungs removed because of smoking related cancer. 2nd photo is an autopsy photo of a cancer riddled lung that resulted in the smokers death, any questions?

maxalmon

Congratulations on your 2days
........When you catch yourself obsessing on having a smoke, make yourself wait 10 minutes and find something to do, get out of your head and make yourself think about something else, works everytime. In 10 minutes the urge will have passed...I'm and x-smoker and this is how I did it.

dapak83

thats what i doo.. as long as i am busy with something i dont feind a smoke.. its when i have notin to do i wanna smoke!

chadman

i have a few friends who have quit smoking by hypnosis....it really worked...they went from a pack a day plus to totally smoke free in two appointments...

ifirefight

You guys can do it!! For all you who are posting pics of lungs etc.... That will not work. Smokers dont think it will happen to them..only the other guy. For Christs sake Tobins had cancer twice and is quiting now for some reason. Everybody has a reason to quit,but smokers make all kinds of excuses not to quit....I will quit after this pack...carton..after this weekend because theres a big party, after the kids go back to school..etc.. You will know when your ready. I was ready...I am smoke free for almost 2 years now...never cheated or had 1 since ( to scared ). By the way I did it cold turkey,no BS,no

[hr]
,no patches,no laser.. but what ever works for you guys. Final word...Get through day 3 and you got it licked...I promise. Now if I could only stop drinking....LOL

dapak83

hahaha ive not moked for weeks brfore and then came back to it..... but i m a light smoker any ways! if smoking by my self i finish a pack in 2-3 days... i still think its about time for me to quit b4 it gets alot worse!

fishkiller

jennythebug- I live in Athens for the next 2.5 months. I'm moving back to Atlanta to start up my new business- most likely around Buckhead or up in Duluth... Duluth is cheaper, but buckhead is much more central and more appropriate for my business. Enough about that- How bout them smokers?!?!

seasalt101

still not smoking thanks for all the support from ya all, i am sleeping a lot though whatever it takes, this is hard, but manageable i think we lost reefforbrains though...tobin

ifirefight

Cmon,stick with it..... You guys are almost out of the woods.....bump...bump... lets show a little support people.

seasalt101

we are still good not smoking, a neighbor came over smokin a cigar that didn't bother me too much, never liked cigars much anyway, but me and bugg are going to make it 1 more day and we should be out of the woods yeah...tobin

jennythebugg

yeah right ...the cigar didnt bother him i had to go back inside i was crawling out of my skin,hey did anyone else get the swets real bad or is it just us cause its both of us sweating like $@
$*&^%$#'s all kids are still alive and the fish and cats have not mutinied (sp?) yet but napping seems to be working good and thanks the water thing actually works (but i put a teabag and sugar and ice cubes in it) hehehe

scotts

you two. I have quit drinking and also tobacco so I guess you could say I am a professional quitter. Sometimes it is making it to the next hour and sometimes it is just making it to the next minute. One thing that helped me was looking at my kids and telling myself, would I rather ...... or spend another hour of my like with my kids. Pretty simple decision really.

jennythebugg

fishkiller i have a brother in stone mountain an uncle in lilburn and family still in rome i miss the green but definatly not the humidity...........so far as the smoking right now theres a movie in tobin just stuck his head under the blankets and i'm here at the desk with my foot tapping 90 beats a minute , anyone else awake and how you doin ?

dapak83

still up.... went with one of my friends who is a chain smoker and i kept strong all day!.... i think i got it!

H

huskychasrs

I've set my quit date(again) for Fathers Day...I owe it to my kids and myself.
I bought my sw tank this past Jan as a present to myself for quitting the habit and fell back on the wagon.
I'm having some surgery at the end of Jun and will be laid up so I might as well quit. i won't be able to get up much and I can't smoke in the house so quit it is. More money for my other addiction

To everybody thats trying keep the faith!

fishkiller

Always awake here. And always smoking. Glad to hear you guys are doing well with the smoking, or not smoking.

reefforbrains

Damnit I keep cheating, first I didnt even think about it, I was out in the shop and just picked up a pack from the shelf and lit up.
I was half done with it before I even remembered I was trying to quit. Felt like a fool.
Next was ALL me, I deliberatley went out to the shop and found the same pack and leached a smoke in the morning and then again in middle of the night.
I feel so guilty, but damn its hard. You have all heard it before so I wont let you down. Ill join you solid and smoke free. No more sneeking or trying to tell myself " Its only one today"
flat out smoke free.......take two....
-RFB