trying to quit smoking help

scotts

Originally Posted by seasalt101
no it seems like that would work, a smoker would sell his mommas soul for a cig during a nic fit, the urge to smoke is strong, i think it is the 2nd most powerfull force on the planet, it is very difficult to explain to someone that has no addiction consider yourself lucky...tobin
WEll said Tobin. That is exactly right! Glad to hear you are still doing good. Or doing well, I don't know I was an engineering major, I hated grammer class.

ifirefight

Tobin....you made it through the hardest part. The first 3 days are brutal..But each day gets a little easier. All the nicotine is out of your system. Keep it up,do not give in, you can do it. Everybody says you will feel better....I suppose inside you feel better but physically the first thing I noticed is I was not coughing as much and really not at all. I wonder If you have noticed anything yet??

seasalt101

i always smoked outside and you know watched the world go by, i miss my front porch, i feel reclusive but yeah not coughing as much but never really had a smokers cough anyway, what i am noticing is a faint sense of smell coming back and monday i'm gonna sit outside for a bit i gotta clean up a bunch of butts out there anyway...tobin

scotts

well i had a dream where i cheated in my dream it was a virginia slim, i wonder what that means?...tobin
I quit drinking almost 3 years ago and still have dreams where I drink. I learned this happens with a lot of people.

seasalt101

congrats on the no drinking, i quit drinking years ago, well i do still have the occasional glass of wine when i go out for prime rib, i can't pass that one up...tobin

seasalt101

ok i think i can consider myself a non-smoker now, feel strong about gettin it whooped not gonna cave now thanks all...tobin

ifirefight

ok i think i can consider myself a non-smoker now, feel strong about gettin it whooped not gonna cave now thanks all...tobin
Congrats!!

jennythebugg

wow thanx everyone for the support this has not been easy but we are still hangin in there , still a little snippy though, anyone know when that will go away? i quit the 22nd so that makes this what 9 days for me yay! i would pants a nun for a cigarette but trying to ignore it and stay busy or asleep

reefreak29

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
wow thanx everyone for the support this has not been easy but we are still hangin in there , still a little snippy though, anyone know when that will go away? i quit the 22nd so that makes this what 9 days for me yay! i would pants a nun for a cigarette but trying to ignore it and stay busy or asleep
it takes about a year i hear, my grandmother qiute 20 years ago and still want one

jmick

I've had a history as an on again, off again smoker and I think quiting is the worst thing anyone can go through and anyone who can do it has my respect! I have quit cold turkey and with meds (went almost 3 years before I started again this past winter...thought I could have one here and there but in the end that got me :(

reefreak29

hey tobin i would like to here how your doing , I quite on june 14th @230pm so its been about 24 hrs (cold turkey) and yes it sucks im very short tempered and my kid is driving me nuts.
and jmick are u going to try and quite again?

seasalt101

me and bugg are still non-smokers and we still want them i see someone smoking i am like a hound dog following them and the wonderful smell of cigarette mmmm mmm...tobin

seasalt101

Originally Posted by reefreak29
hey tobin i would like to here how your doing , I quite on june 14th @230pm so its been about 24 hrs (cold turkey) and yes it sucks im very short tempered and my kid is driving me nuts.
and jmick are u going to try and quite again?
may god be with you the kids if you watch really close will get lil hitler moustashes and walk around goose stepping it's just an illusion...tobin

triga22

Notice how no smokers out there want to smoke? Everyone that smokes wants to quit cause they are killing themselves and spending 3,000 a year. Why are they getting teens to do it? Im 14 and since I will never smoke when im 50 I will of saved over 100,000. That can get me 1 nice tank! Glad that your still going on and think youll have 3,000 more a year on fish.

reefreak29

may god be with you the kids if you watch really close will get lil hitler moustashes and walk around goose stepping it's just an illusion...tobin

i actually lol ty

seasalt101

Originally Posted by reefreak29

i actually lol ty
seriously keep me posted and if you feel like you are going to break down and cry do it where you won't get caught and keep an onion with you and a dull knife and sell it like there's no tomorrow, take alot of naps and try eating sunflower seeds especially if you are about to light one up, cigs taste nasty after sunflower seeds (in the shell) hey good luck and we will keep this thread alive for you now feel free to vent or whatever here just don't get banned...tobin