Unidentified Angelfish. Help

emperor11

Originally Posted by Jam1e
I still say that it's a blue Ring Angel
I've already said that it cannot be!
Blue Ring Angels do not have yellow tails in either their juvi or adult color form. I don't mean to sound rude, but I just explained all this. JMO

jam1e

not taken rudely .. I'm just saying that because I have a book: "Marine Fishes, 500+ Essential-to-know aquarium species" .. it's kind of like an encyclopedia of fish .. and in the book, the juvenile blue ring has a yellow tail and I thought that the stripes most closely resembled those of the fish in this book that says it's a blue ring

jam1e

I respect your opinion becuase I can tell you know what you are talking about ... you finally told them to be quiet about the emporer angel fish .. I agree with Emporer11 .. a lot of beginning hobbyists think that every juvenile angelfish is an emporer because they've never realized that all the juvenile angels (except for a few) look like that ... and perhaps I'm wrong .. it could be that my book was mislabled ..

zanski

TRIGA!!
I live in Towne Lake, I get my fish from Marine Fish on Johnsons Ferry Rd. I get my corals from Cappuccino Bay on Roswell Rd. From time to time ill stick my head in at Imagine Ocean in Canton and talk to jen she is the most knowlegable person ive found. But they usually dont have to much because they cater to the buddy system i think. (She mostly orders for people i think) But i love both the stores in marietta. Marine Fish ALWAYS has lots of fish, healthy too!!! Cappuccino Bay has 1,000's of corals and anemone's galore!! Let me know if you need directions anywhere.

jjjoey

i can just give the fish to my mom.. when its big.
she just cant have it yet its not even an inch long.

triga22

WOW Towne lake here too.. Arbors dont know bout you. Please give me directions to the one with fish. I shop at Optimum Aquarium on sandy plains and at Top Tails and Madisons Reef. Ive heard bout that one in canton and want to go there. Nice to know we have some fish enthusiest around here.

jjjoey

I live in warner robins but no good fish places here so i go 45 min away to grey county they got a good fish place. kinda new but old building and kinda hidden

macatua

More importnalty, what size tank are you keeping him in. The profile only says a 39 and a 55, is that where he is going? Your going to need a bigger boat down the road ;).

zanski

Originally Posted by TriGa22
WOW Towne lake here too.. Arbors dont know bout you. Please give me directions to the one with fish. I shop at Optimum Aquarium on sandy plains and at Top Tails and Madisons Reef. Ive heard bout that one in canton and want to go there. Nice to know we have some fish enthusiest around here.

TRIGA22... go 75 south to 263 south marietta parkway turn right go to 41 north to the big chicken. Turn right on Roswell road till you run into johnson's ferry its a few miles, turn right on Johnsons ferry its down on the right in a strip mall. Its called Marine Fish. LOTS OF FISH!! Also cappuccino bay is on roswell on the left, you pass it on the way to johnsons ferry, it is also in a strip mall behind tacobell. Never heard of the stores you have been to. Where are they i'd like to go check 'em out!

triga22

Optimum agquarium is on sandy plains next to a kroger. Thats a good shop!! But top tails and Madisons reef are just like family owned.. not rlly good. But top tails is over near the new publix near the cherokee 16 cinima. And madisons reef is behind mcdonalds near woodstock high. I think i have been to the one your talking about yea it really nice.It has sharks? and morish idols? Well i hope your doing well and same with your tank.

emperor11

Originally Posted by JJJoey
i can just give the fish to my mom.. when its big.
she just cant have it yet its not even an inch long.
Except..thats not going to work. I already explained that. Read carefully through all the posts I made.

jam1e

Originally Posted by OMGsaltwat
I agree....

sorry .. It's just that me and Emporer11 have said this multiple times and I don't know about him but I am 99.9% sure that it's not an emporer .. read the comments we've put up ...

jjjoey

its not a emperor
its not a Annularis
its not a Blue Girdled
its not a majestic
hmm and i dont think its a blueface either.

emperor11

Originally Posted by JJJoey
its not a emperor
its not a Annularis
its not a Blue Girdled
its not a majestic
hmm and i dont think its a blueface either.
Its GOT to be a blueface. There is a good chance it could also be a Majestic (aka blue girdled). There is no way it is a Chrysurus Angel, as I already went over that. And, it is CERTAINLY not an Emperor Angel! Now, Im gonna prove it once and for all!!!
1. Emperor Angelfish
2. Joey's Angelfish

R

ramsey

All or most Emperor Angels have circled white lines that second pic has lines going in differnt directions. IMO I dont think its a Emperor to

jjjoey

mine has a weird shape it looks more like ..a tang. cuz its taller rather than longer like those angels.
its weird.