Unidentified Angelfish. Help

emperor11

Originally Posted by JJJoey
its not a emperor
its not a Annularis
its not a Blue Girdled
its not a majestic
hmm and i dont think its a blueface either.
Just out of curiosity, how can you rule all of these out? Obviously the Emperor can, because the pattern IS indeed different, but the others are quite similar. I am giving you my opinion based of my own personal experience. Now, my personal experience tells me that that is either a Blueface or a Majestic, and that we can rule out the Chrysurus and Emperor. However, there is still a VERY minute chance it could be an Annularis. Its extremely unlikely, because of the yellow tail, but there's always that chance. If you rule out all those, what would it have to be according to you? The Chrysurus. The one that costs a lot of money, and is considered "rare."

emperor11

mine has a weird shape it looks more like ..a tang. cuz its taller rather than longer like those angels.
its weird.
Juvenile angels have that body shape.

zanski

TRIGA22... I had no idea there were lfs in towne lake i knew about top tails but didnt know they did saltwater. I'll check out the store by WHS tomorrow thanks! Yeah Marine Fish has more fish than anyone ive seen..... Check out cappuccino bay one day the store is kinda crammed but its because they have so many coral tanks...

jjjoey

well idunno his pattern is hella weird.
and hes REALLY DARK BLUE, bright yellow tail. no pattern on fines, or the top or bottom, and i dunno im just still not sure

emperor11

well idunno his pattern is hella weird.
and hes REALLY DARK BLUE, bright yellow tail. no pattern on fines, or the top or bottom, and i dunno im just still not sure
That bright yellow tail REALLY makes me think its a Blueface. He just has a unique pattern on the one side. Most large angels, have it to a certain extent, and the cool thing is that it will be weird when it turns into an adult as well. The pattern will be real crazy right in the same spot, only in the adult color form. I saw in another thread you're STILL planning on putting this thing in an overstocked 125 with an EMPEROR angel.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Emperor11
That bright yellow tail REALLY makes me think its a Blueface. He just has a unique pattern on the one side. Most large angels, have it to a certain extent, and the cool thing is that it will be weird when it turns into an adult as well. The pattern will be real crazy right in the same spot, only in the adult color form. I saw in another thread you're STILL planning on putting this thing in an overstocked 125 with an EMPEROR angel.

***)
Emperor, I've never seen you get so worked up before.
j/k
FWIW, I agree with you!
Kellee (ha ha, I am a woman) Like I said, Alyssia is my youngest daughter's name.

mryoung7

whatever it is, emperor isn't the only one hoping that that fish gets to an experienced aquarist's huge tank before it starts having problems. :help:
please consider the fish ... or, if not, at least consider that you could sell it and make a tidy profit.

emperor11

Originally Posted by alyssia
***)
Emperor, I've never seen you get so worked up before.
j/k
FWIW, I agree with you!
Kellee (ha ha, I am a woman) Like I said, Alyssia is my youngest daughter's name.
Kellee, thats because I normally don't get this worked up. I've been patient with him, and everyone else, and its being thrown back at my face, like it doesn't matter. I have given bits of evidence after bits of evidence, and its not getting me anywhere. Or the fish for that matter. He's sentencing that fish to death, putting it in a 125 gallon that is extremely overstocked, that already has an Emperor Angel in it, that WILL kill it. I'm just looking out for the well being of the animal. I'm glad I've got you, and several others on my side on this one...
On a side note, SEE! I knew you were a woman without even having a clue who you are. Its my chick radar.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Emperor11
Kellee, thats because I normally don't get this worked up. I've been patient with him, and everyone else, and its being thrown back at my face, like it doesn't matter. I have given bits of evidence after bits of evidence, and its not getting me anywhere. Or the fish for that matter. He's sentencing that fish to death, putting it in a 125 gallon that is extremely overstocked, that already has an Emperor Angel in it, that WILL kill it. I'm just looking out for the well being of the animal. I'm glad I've got you, and several others on my side on this one...
On a side note, SEE! I knew you were a woman without even having a clue who you are. Its my chick radar.

:hilarious

emperor11

Sounds like a plan. However, for what? To see if you can trade him in, or to find out what he is? I don't think calling him to find out what he is makes any sense, because you bought him unidentified...but hey, I can't really think straight. I'm on a mountain dew buzz, and its almost 1:00 AM over here in Michigan.
And, Kellee, I have nothing to say but LOL

emperor11

my moms upgrading next year sometime. to 240 or up
That solves the overstocked issue, but not the fact that she's got the Emperor Angel, and you want to give her your Blueface (or whatever it is).

dvst8r

That really looks like a juvenile blue face angel fish. The lfs that i go to always has them however they normally cost well over $100 more like $129-169 depending on how big they are and how far changed they have

emperor11

Originally Posted by DVST8R
That really looks like a juvenile blue face angel fish. The lfs that i go to always has them however they normally cost well over $100 more like $129-169 depending on how big they are and how far changed they have
THANK YOU!

emperor11

Oh, Joey..I'll try to talk to you tomorrow on AIM. Its acting strangely. Lots of pop-ups, but only on AIM. Not the rest of my computer..hope its not a virus.