Want a gun? Just buy it on Craigslist

mantisman51

Right now cheaperthandirt has a real nice, but basic, AR15 for $595. If the ammo wasn't so expensive I'd pay my local dealer $35 and get one. Locally an AR15 in good to excellent goes for $800-$1000. I have seen private sellers selling them for $600-$800. A lot of soldiers have them when they're housed off base.

reefraff

I'm getting ready to make a huge ammo purchase. If the economy keeps picking up 0bozo is going to get another 4 and without another election to worry about I figure he will start a jihad against gun owners. It all starts with the bullets. Might buy half a dozen "assault" weapons too. If I am wrong I got a great excuse to do a lot of shooting and if I am right I will clean up.

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/390399/want-a-gun-just-buy-it-on-craigslist#post_3457164
Yes Mantis, we know you'd love to live in this euphoric world where every single person owns a gun, straps it to their side, and can pull that sucker out anytime they choose. They did that in the Old Wild West. Do a study on the number of bodies they buried in Boot Hill because of it. I just hope the day doesn't come where someone does challenge you to a duel, and pulls out a gun to try and rob you. You may have the luxury of having that gun to counter him, but you better pray you're a quicker draw than he is. Someone points a gun at me while I'm unarmed, and I give him what he wants, chances are I'll walk away alive. If that same scenario occurred where I pulled my gun to counter him, there's a high probabilty gunfire will occur. I just better hope my aim is better than his.
A big MAYBE......you'll walk away.....I carry and you wanna pull a gun.....Be prepared to use it, because I wouldn't hesitate one bit.....I work to hard to let some knuckle head take what I worked for.....GO GET A JOB!!!!!!

mantisman51

I find it amazing when a liberal confirms the most radical thing I have said. An unarmed victim is better because the chance of violence in self-protection is less palatable than whatever the criminal might do to the victim. It is a novel approach to crime: trust the criminals to not escalate their crime by not carrying a firearm to provoke them further. So the British have it right, we need to take guns away from cops. I mean, if guns aren't a deterrent, why have all those cops out there provoking criminals?
p.s. George Washington

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/390399/want-a-gun-just-buy-it-on-craigslist/20#post_3457279
I'm getting ready to make a huge ammo purchase. If the economy keeps picking up 0bozo is going to get another 4 and without another election to worry about I figure he will start a jihad against gun owners. It all starts with the bullets. Might buy half a dozen "assault" weapons too. If I am wrong I got a great excuse to do a lot of shooting and if I am right I will clean up.
Ditto. Also, I am going to bury a few and a lot of ammo. And it won't be near my house. These desert hills have been used for storing provisions for thousands of years. They still find Chiricaua and Anasazi stores around here. Obummer won't get all the guns and ammo, no matter how hard he tries-and while I wasn't worried about it too much his first term, I know he's going to try an end run around the Constitution his next.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/390399/want-a-gun-just-buy-it-on-craigslist/20#post_3457329
Ditto. Also, I am going to bury a few and a lot of ammo. And it won't be near my house. These desert hills have been used for storing provisions for thousands of years. They still find Chiricaua and Anasazi stores around here. Obummer won't get all the guns and ammo, no matter how hard he tries-and while I wasn't worried about it too much his first term, I know he's going to try an end run around the Constitution his next.
The ultimate in paranoia.

I found this interesting when reading an article about the cost of homeowners insurance:

Guns

Living in a home that contains guns increases the risk of homicide by more than 40%, according to the New England Journal of Medicine. Insurers will generally cover gun owners, with caveats. Whether you have used a weapon in self-defense, with criminal intent or by accident will obviously play a big role in how much liability an insurer will assume. Insurers want to know that guns are properly secured, have safety locks and are kept out of reach of children. Failure to disclose that you have a firearm could lead to an insurer trying to deny your claims in the event of an accident.

mantisman51

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/28/president-obamas-anti-gun-agenda-shows-no-sign-stopping/
Paranoia is unfounded fear of the unknown. Chew on this article and please, look up the sources linked. But you already know everything said is true, you're just not an honest enough person to come out and admit you agree with all this ultra-liberal kookiness. You lack the courage to support it openly, so you demean the message and messengers. At least I have the courage to stand up on my principles and proudly proclaim what I believe instead of hiding behind semantics. Why won't you?

stdreb27

lol, I've been thinking, and what they did was very illegal... That is the very definition of a straw buyer... I wonder who the DA is in that county, I'd LOVE to see a DA prosecute them...

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm .
umm, did you by chance check and see some of the legislation in the works in Obama's home state? They basically just declared every semi-auto an assault weapon and banned it... It isn't a far stretch at all.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/390399/want-a-gun-just-buy-it-on-craigslist/20#post_3457330
The ultimate in paranoia.

I found this interesting when reading an article about the cost of homeowners insurance:

Guns

Living in a home that contains guns increases the risk of homicide by more than 40%, according to the New England Journal of Medicine. Insurers will generally cover gun owners, with caveats. Whether you have used a weapon in self-defense, with criminal intent or by accident will obviously play a big role in how much liability an insurer will assume. Insurers want to know that guns are properly secured, have safety locks and are kept out of reach of children. Failure to disclose that you have a firearm could lead to an insurer trying to deny your claims in the event of an accident.
Yep and take out the people in the statistic who possess the guns for criminal activities and what happens to your stat? You must get your insurance from The old reliable anti gun paranoid mutual because I have NEVER had a homeowners or renters insurance company question me about my guns. And with my current insurer I inquired about any limits on gun coverage because a previous company capped the limit they would pay on stolen firearms at 2500.00 which wouldn't replace my pistol bag now.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm .
0bama supported an all out ban on handguns and semi auto rifles in 1996. He voted against a bill that would have shielded a homeowner who used a gun in self defense if they lived in an Illinois town with one of the now ruled unconstitutional bans in place, Just because he hasn't done anything major yet doesn't mean he doesn't intend to. He already has done two covert anti gun moves. After he took office he stopped the long held practice of the military selling used brace to commercial reloaders which drove up the price of ammo. Then he blocked another long held practice of selling surplus military rifles that are civilian appropriate, the M1. To be able to buy one of these guns you have to provide finger prints and have a background check PLUS demonstrate firearms proficiency at a DCM sanctioned shooting event.
But 0bama isn't anti gun LOL!

mantisman51

And there goes the typical shell game again. 1) Obama said he is going to sign and then press the Senate to ratify the UN small arms treaty which, despite that pesky 2nd Amendment, gives the UN the right to confiscate private firearms of American citizens that it deems a danger to international stability. So a bunch of third world rats will be given authority over American sovereignty and the 2nd Amendment-yeah, Obama is totally for gun ownership. 2) They're called gun burial vaults and they are 100% moisture proof... and you might read up on the original militia. They didn't keep their arms at home because the British searched homes frequently. 3) You post a made up "fact" from Handgun Inc or the Brady Group and still won't say what you think: guns need banned. If you don't think that, all your protestations of the dangers of guns is schizophrenic. For context, I was raised in a home with 16 kids and 20+ guns-shockingly, no accidents or deaths. I have 3 kids and as many as 30 guns(only 3 now) and no deaths or accidents. Pay no attention to the fool behind the curtain.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/390399/want-a-gun-just-buy-it-on-craigslist/20#post_3457381
Yep and take out the people in the statistic who possess the guns for criminal activities and what happens to your stat? You must get your insurance from The old reliable anti gun paranoid mutual because I have NEVER had a homeowners or renters insurance company question me about my guns. And with my current insurer I inquired about any limits on gun coverage because a previous company capped the limit they would pay on stolen firearms at 2500.00 which wouldn't replace my pistol bag now.
Hve you ever used them to defend yourself? May want to check out what your policy says about you accidently, or even purposely, shooting someone without their knowledge of you having guns on your premises. They may limit replacement of stolen guns at $2,500, but would they cover any medical expenses due to a gunshot wound?

mantisman51

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA251-1.html
Guess I'm not the only paranoid, right-wing extremist. BTW, shoutout to CTD in in Ft Worth. It's a great company and I love that, despite some seriously anti-gun laws, Texans are rabid in support of the 2nd Amendment. Also, shout out to New Hampshire for joining Alaska, Arizona and Vermont in removing the unConstitutional ban on carrying firearms anyway a citizen chooses. Great to know common sense is still alive in some parts of New England-the birthplace of our Constitution.