Weekend photo feature:

nm reef

Originally Posted by usinkit
My dottyback. This is the best picture I could get of him peeking out of his cave in the 2 years that Iv had him.
Nice photo....I've never kept a dottyback but I think they are a very colorfull species.

nm reef

Originally Posted by rasnme
watchman gobie
Now thats the kind of photography that catchs my eye....and motivates me to continue taking photos myself. Very well done!!!!!

nm reef

Originally Posted by nanocube24
NMREEF, you take AWESOME pics!!
The clam is beautiful too!

Thank you very much....I appreciate the compliment....photography developed as a hobby due primarily to a desire to produce reef related photos that could maybe compare to the efforts of others that post pics. It pleases me that my efforts haven't been in vain. I do have some sweet pics of my clams...maybe next weekend I'll try to tempt some clam photos out of the archives.

nm reef

Originally Posted by wanabebell
Ive had my fox face for over 4 months
Kewl....but no pics of it????? just teasing.....I was hopefull more members would post their own fish photos....

nm reef

Originally Posted by supalupa
Here is my flame angel. He is relatively new to my tank. He loves mysis, emerald entree, and of all things aptasia. He ate all 3 of the tiny aptasia I recently aquired with a piece of live rock. He also has not touched any of my corals. Picture taken with a Sony Cybershot P200. The camera is ok the photographer, well less than ok but I'm learning.
I think thats a very good photo....I know from personal experience that it can be very difficult to get decent photos of flames....for one they are never still long enough and for another the brilliance of the colors makesit hard to capture a true representation of what the eye sees.....I like yours....thanks for sharing.

nm reef

Originally Posted by Jmick
Great pics! Thought I'd throw a couple up, 1st pic is my dusky jawfish, second is my little clarkii and last is a hermit.
Thanks for sharing....very nice examples too....but I'll have to fine you a few million for posting the hermit pic......fish only this time around........lol.....

just kiddin'.......

nm reef

Whats the deal....this mornin' when I started this thread I was thinkin' we'd have a ton of photos posted by this evening.

I know several members are really getting into takin' pics and I am confident there are some excellant fish in y'alls displays......come on don't be shy....post 'em up.

wanabebell

Originally Posted by NM reef
Kewl....but no pics of it????? just teasing.....I was hopefull more members would post their own fish photos....

Im sorry i didnt reallize people liked looking at a brown/black,blotched fish

Il take a pick when hes yellow ***) .....sorry thats wishfull thinking

nm reef

Out of boredom and hopefully to tempt more of y'all to post some of your fish photos I'll toss out a few more of mine.....starting with a couple of my manderian....aka Jimi....

nmocean

Here is one of my favorite pictures. I love Harlequin Tuskfish anyway, but this guy loved to watch things from his peep-hole. I use past tense because my shark finally got a hold of him.
-Jen

nm reef

I caught these guys flyin' in formation....another photo that made a fairly decent 8x10.......

nm reef

In response to the comment about my clams.....check this photo out.....for perspective....the foxface is about 6"-7"....

nm reef

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
Awesome pics! Y'all got some real hams posin' for ya!!!!!

Thanks....they learned a long time ago....pose or don't get fed..... :happyfish

nm reef

Originally Posted by Nmocean
Here is one of my favorite pictures. I love Harlequin Tuskfish anyway, but this guy loved to watch things from his peep-hole. I use past tense because my shark finally got a hold of him.
-Jen
WOW!!!! Now thats the kind of pics I was lookin' for......very nicely done. Thanks Nmocean for playin' along...I really like that photo.....

nm reef

Originally Posted by wanabebell
Im sorry i didnt reallize people liked looking at a brown/black,blotched fish

Il take a pick when hes yellow ***) .....sorry thats wishfull thinking
Post 'em up......for a few reasons. One....it'd be nice to have a photo of the fish dis-colored...there have been several threads about the trait and it'd be nice to have a photo for reference the next time the topic comes up ...secondly....I start these threads as a means of sharing photos and as a means for all of us to improve our photos.......heck....don't be shy....post 'em if you have them.

nm reef

Honestly.....I enjoy lookin' at photos of fish other than the ones I keep......and I've always found that by looking at photos posted here it helps motivate me to improve my skills at taking pics. The primary motivation for my evolving photography hobby has been the quality of photos posted by members here....it prompted me to attempt to reach the quality of the photos posted.......

nm reef

Now....since i have more to post and since I'm bored....and since y'all ain't sharing yours.....here are more of mine.....
This one is probably the best I've ever taken of my hippo.....out of literally hundreds of attempts this one stands out...

nm reef

A few more hippo shots.....believe it or not...I've found it very difficult to get photos of the blue.....lots of times the coloration just doesn't come out.....but I keep tryin'....

nm reef

In this one I managed to catch my hippo and his reflection.....I liked the way it turned out....