weight loss journal

teresaq

well, after gaining 30 lbs when I quit smoking, (I didnt need to gain anything) I started back to my weight watchers program.
I started monday, and am down 4 lbs.
I want to start recording my losses every friday. I have a lot to loose, but will take it 20 lbs at a time.
T

reefraff

Good luck. I got to get back on the program I was doing too. Got the wife a Wii fit for her birthday, I am too big and crippled to use one of those but from what I can tell they live up to the hype.

nw2salt08

Good luck T! You can lose it! I have faith in you!
Apparently my husband accused me of losing weight today. lol My face has gotten thinner since this baby is a health nut but I've gained 5 lbs in my first trimester. lol All I eat is fruits, veggies and dairy. Very little meats. Chicken and fish. That's it. lol Anything sweet, pork or red meat makes me ill. lol
Weight watchers is a wonderful program. I've known several people who have had really good results with it and it's pretty easy to adjust to.

cranberry

We're going to start eating better around here. Try to eat at home more :-/
I sometimes don't eat for days and then sit back and eat a lovely Cotton Candy Bubble Gum Push Pop. Coffee is my breakfast, lunch and dinner.

novahobbies

Good luck! I know you can do it. Wife and I have been dieting since January. We cut down portion size a lot, went to a large amount of whole foods, and been walking 2-3 miles every other night. It's slower than some diets, but it's working!

meowzer

One very important thing to remember......You DID NOT gain it in one week....you will not lose it in one week either
A lot of these "quick" weight loss plans do not work....you gain it back as quick as you lose it....
slow and steady is the way to lose....:)

teresaq

That is why I will only use Weight watchers program. It teaches you how to eat. I went to a party saturday night, Ate a steak, and lots of veggies and two small glasses of sangria and lost a pound. I love this program, (not a diet).
Once you get your referance books, and see how many points the food you were eatting is, its a big shocker. You learn to skip the cheese on salads, and potatos, not to eat butter on your veggies, and that one piece of bread is plenty.
I will update my total loss on friday, but so far so good.

meowzer

You can't eat cheese

Hey How about carrots LOL
I thought about signing up online, but usually when I diet, I cut out breads, pasta
, butters, and of course the chocolate cake. It use to work, but then again I use to be able to eat anything too :(
It really makes a difference too
I'll eat carrot sticks for snacks, and cheese sticks (I thought they were ok), and peanuts...

teresaq

only low fat or fat free cheese. Lots of fat in regular cheese. I also use the spray butter instead of the tub. zero points so its a freebie
T

shwstpr88

You can certainly eat cheese! Heck I can eat a mcdonalds hamburger if I want to. I am currently on it now 6 glasses of water per day, 6 serv of fruits and veggies (glass of v8 splash counts as two!...I HATE veggies). two servings of dairy, cheese?, and your losing weight! Obviously stay within your points and no I dont eat a McDonalds hamburger all I'm sayin is if you REEEEAAAAAAAALLLLY wanted somthing like that you can here and there and still be within your points but I think a regular hamburger at that place is like 12 points lol I get 30 points per day and feel good actually as far full goes. Weight Watchers is the way to go for sure, it works!
Typical Day:
Cereal with skim milk 4 points
Nutrigrain bar 2 points
banana 1 point
OJ 2 points
Healthy choice meal 4-8points
fiber one bar 2 points (helps the chocolate fix)
yogurt 2 points (all done with dairy at this point)
V8 Splash (5/6 of the way done with veggies/fruit)
Sensible Dinner usually have about 9-12 points for dinner.
Weight watchers also sells excellent ice cream desserts that are only 1 point! However they are kinda pricey I think a box of ice cream "king cones" are 7 dollars!

The key is to stick with it, I know its hard but if done it works hands down.

crypt keeper

you would be suprised how much better you felt if you drank a bottle of water 10 minutes before eating and how your body reacts. Very simple things like that.

teresaq

Originally Posted by shwstpr88
http:///forum/post/3227102
You can certainly eat cheese! Heck I can eat a mcdonalds hamburger if I want to. I am currently on it now 6 glasses of water per day, 6 serv of fruits and veggies (glass of v8 splash counts as two!...I HATE veggies). two servings of dairy, cheese?, and your losing weight! Obviously stay within your points and no I dont eat a McDonalds hamburger all I'm sayin is if you REEEEAAAAAAAALLLLY wanted somthing like that you can here and there and still be within your points but I think a regular hamburger at that place is like 12 points lol I get 30 points per day and feel good actually as far full goes. Weight Watchers is the way to go for sure, it works!
Typical Day:
Cereal with skim milk 4 points
Nutrigrain bar 2 points
banana 1 point
OJ 2 points
Healthy choice meal 4-8points
fiber one bar 2 points (helps the chocolate fix)
yogurt 2 points (all done with dairy at this point)
V8 Splash (5/6 of the way done with veggies/fruit)
Sensible Dinner usually have about 9-12 points for dinner.
Weight watchers also sells excellent ice cream desserts that are only 1 point! However they are kinda pricey I think a box of ice cream "king cones" are 7 dollars!

The key is to stick with it, I know its hard but if done it works hands down.
Congrats on being on the program. It does work. I have eatten out twice and been to a b-day party and still have lost. I just plan what I will be eatting.
I usually have
oatmeal and bagle thin. - 3 to 4 pts
fiber one bar for snack
lean cuisin dinner for lunch, 4 to 7 pts
Veggies, love them
yogurt 2 pts
apple 1 pt
a 9 to 10 pt dinner
popcorn - 1 pt
I even had a mcdonalds hamberger-small 5 pts and a salad yesterday.

reefraff

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3227118
you would be suprised how much better you felt if you drank a bottle of water 10 minutes before eating and how your body reacts. Very simple things like that.
Just drinking that much water without doing anything else will cause weight loss. I have roceasa and notice it doesn't act up as much when I am in water guzzling mode.

teresaq

CR - who are you asking about being active. I am pretty active with my kids, but not enough. I started walking on the treadmill, but am only doing about 1/2 mile a day. As I loose and can handle more on my knees, I will increase.
T

shwstpr88

Good for you! How long have you been doing it?
This is my second week I was down almost five pounds but gained two back lol??
Weight fluctuates I need to do it on a weekly basis rather than daily lol

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3227212
CR - who are you asking about being active. I am pretty active with my kids, but not enough. I started walking on the treadmill, but am only doing about 1/2 mile a day. As I loose and can handle more on my knees, I will increase.
T
Gotta crawl before you can walk.