What car do you drive?

soviettaco

Originally Posted by oscardeuce
http:///forum/post/3189399
Go all the way and get a GPA!
I do live in the Great Lake State!!
Theres A guy up here that has a Buffalo!! If you watch Flags of Our Fathers in the beach assault scene on Iwo all those buffalos are just digital copies of the one this guy had. Or maybe I'll get myself a Higgins LCPV haha That'd be awesome.

soviettaco

So I am sitting at my computer at my girlfriend's condo on the couch with her at maybe 10:05 pm tonight, that was only like two hours ago folks! So I'm sitting there looking at my thread and then I hear the faint sound of a car alarm........ beep................beep....................beep.. ................beep........
As I sit there my face goes white as it dawns on me that is the same SOUND MY ALARM MAKES!!!
I literally jump up and say "Holy S*** thats my car!!!" I don't know how my shoes got on my feet but they did I run out side yep my car. lights blinking 18 degrees outside snowing and my backseat driverside window of my jeep is smashed to bits. I was about to beat the living crap out of whoever did lucky b@st@rd decided to run the second the alarm went of I think, seriously I have a wicked bad temper that only comes every few months cause I think anger festers in me since I am a pretty layed back guy. Cops come do a search of the area nothing. They give me the crime report number and they go. Oh and literally a week ago a car belonging to my girlfriend's neighbor had the same thing happen to it... Merry F****** Christmas I guess right?
Thanks for letting me vent somewhat.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3189175
3.8. I think it was upgraded, but I'm not sure.
Trick question sorta... The 3.5 (smaller) engine is the better one. 215hp DOHC vs. the 190hp pushrod 3.8. My first car before the Caddy was the Intrigue's big brother, the Aurora, which the 3.5 was based off the Aurora's V8. If you got a 'GLS' badge on the front fenders it's a 3.5.

reefforbrains

Pez, Congrats! your now a chevy guy. You are laid back and generally go with the flow so it is with a tinge of hurt that I have to now tell you you hate something.
You now officially hate fords..welcome to the club.

reefforbrains

Aqua- dont forget the spoiler!
Rims, Skirts, tinted and rims....To a teen they are like cryptonite. Dont be too hard on the lad. Least he went chevy.

reefraff

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/3284142
Pez, Congrats! your now a chevy guy. You are laid back and generally go with the flow so it is with a tinge of hurt that I have to now tell you you hate something.
You now officially hate fords..welcome to the club.
Least Ford can build a car decent enough they can sell enough to stay in business without a government bailout.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/3284143
Aqua- dont forget the spoiler!
Rims, Skirts, tinted and rims....To a teen they are like cryptonite. Dont be too hard on the lad. Least he went chevy.
No, just some gentle ribbing, and hopefully reinforcing that Pez is going to have to be pretty carefully with it. I am curious if he bought the Cobalt with the body kit, or he had it done. I was going to say, the wheels look like 17"s. The Cobalt, for being a compact, is a very large bodied car, probably could have got +1" on the wheels.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3284232
Least Ford can build a car decent enough they can sell enough to stay in business without a government bailout.

Timing was on Ford's side. They had been seriously retooling in 2005/6, right before the economic downturn. They mortg@ged $22 billion of their assets. Those payments are going to come due, and if Ford doesn't starting more vehicles, their bailout will be here too.
Of course, if the US government had been giving a couple billion away every year to it's top companies like Japan does, none of the domestics would have been in their present situation...

ironeagle2006

What killed the big 3 was one thing and only one thing. THE UAW when including and this is in the United States Not Japan before anyone proUAW goes there. In the USA it cost the Big 3 75-80 Dollars and hour in wages and Benefits PER EMPLOYEE that is working there for them. Compare that to Kia Hyundai Honda BMW and Toyota that all have plants here and on avarage pay about 45-50 for wages and Benefits. They make the same amount of money however there is no pension at the non Big 3 companies.
Look at it this way Right now there is a Strike in Southern California going on by the Longshoremens Union. The On Avarage make 96K a year have 21 Paid Holidays and 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation a Year and Fully Paid for Insurance for themselves and their Families. They walked off the jobs in Longbeach and LA because the Shipping lines that bring the containers in refused to say sure to their demands on their next contract. What were those demands. A 21% wage increase over 4 Years no employee contriubutions at all to Health Care and another Week of Vaction. Here is what the Shipping lines offered back No wage increases for 2 years then a 6% for the last 2 years the Employees have to pay 10% of the health Insurance and also no more Vaction weeks.