What do you do for a living?

brucewrs

Originally Posted by augie
Police officer for the N.Y.P.D. for 16 yrs. I work in Fort Apache the Bronx.
I am retired from the 103 after 13years for medical reasons, but did most of my time in the 113 and 100..

windmill

I have a wonderfull job title: Parts Manager. Makes me sounds like a damned goober. I manage the parts department of the largest marina on the second largest lake in Texas. There, now it sounds less goober-ish. Whenever a boat breaks down or needs maintenance, I supply the parts to the mechanics/techs fixing the boat. Sometimes I have the parts in stock (engines or basic systems) usually I don't (deck hardware, interiors, underwater hardware) and have to order it from someone, somewhere. Sounds boring huh? Anybody that's ever owned a boat knows better though.

blazehok68

Originally Posted by windmill
I have a wonderfull job title: Parts Manager. Makes me sounds like a damned goober. I manage the parts department of the largest marina on the second largest lake in Texas. There, now it sounds less goober-ish. Whenever a boat breaks down or needs maintenance, I supply the parts to the mechanics/techs fixing the boat. Sometimes I have the parts in stock (engines or basic systems) usually I don't (deck hardware, interiors, underwater hardware) and have to order it from someone, somewhere. Sounds boring huh? Anybody that's ever owned a boat knows better though.
you still sound like a goober! (j/k)
i deal with goobers...uh i mean "parts managers" all the time. i work at a tire dealer/auto service shop.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I used to be a Party Chief. I did both land & construction surveying (mostly construction). I really miss it sometimes. I had a lot of fun. My favorite part was cutting brush with my machete for line of site.
I am an Estimator/Project Manager now, but I still work at the same construction company.
We have a Nikon & Topcon total station with a laptop and computer program for staking out points. We also just got a GPS. I wish we had that when I was surveying......
Its different..I dont know to many people that can do it..Most quit when it gets real hot or real cold...My dad owns the company I work for so I get stuck on the real nasty jobs...Swamps, Overgrown woods, downtown ATL...He says he cant trust anyone else to do it right..I think he is trying to get me shot..

tx reef

Those are the best ones!!!
What I really enjoyed about surveying was getting paid to swing a machete and walk around in the woods and swampy areas.
There is nothing like going into someones backyard and digging up a property corner and the they come home and catch you and then out comes the shotgun....lots of fun.

petieaztec

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Veterinary Technician

you get to play all day with animals too. what a fun just soetimes huh. we just had some rats give birth and the pups are sooooo cute.

garnet13aj

College student and future biologist. Possible marine biologist but I make no promises until I atleast complete my first 4 (okay 5) years.

demartini

As of now I am a part time teller at Bank of America, and an electronic media broadcasting student at San Francisco state.

lazypinoy

im a part time cart attendant!
, hate it when people push the carts over the yellow line which makes the cart wheels lock!!

aw2x3

I dont really do anything, right now...unemployed. But, I'm still self sufficient and self wealthy enough NOT to have to do anything. It gets boring at times, tho!!