WHICH SALT should I get now??

meowzer

LOL....My sand has cleared up this past week too.......now hopefully the fuzz on the rocks will too
Chemi-pure in the canister is now changed.......now for the w/c
Merry Christmas LOL

meowzer

WOW....almost had a heart attack....LOL
I got the chemi-pure elite changed with no issues.....w/c done with no issues...changed a few phosphate pads I have in different areas of the sump....no issues
cleaned skimmer bucket...YIKES....MUD....LOL....but no issues....WAIT....I spoke too soon....LOL....All of a sudden I look and the skimmer is not working
I am checking everything ...thinking I knew things were going too smooth :( well after checking a bunch of things......LOL....I found a snail stuck to the intake of the pump that feeds the skimmer
Let's just say I have NO clue how it got in that section, but it is gone now and everything is back to running smooth YAYYYYYYYYYYY
before I even hit submit the skimmer stopped again
I bet something got in the pump....I am going to leave it off for a little while.....if it keeps doing this. maybe Danny will drain it for me and clean the pump tomorrow :(

meowzer

OK...skimmer is back on...and so far running fine.....keeping fingers crossed that it keeps running fine....LOL
Still thinking the next time Danny has off we may want to clean the pump

meowzer

GRRRRR.went off again.....this time I took out the inner plate to be sure nothing was in there.......it is running again
BUT if it goes off again, I am leaving it off until Danny gets home tomorrow

meowzer

LOL...I'm almost afraid to say anything.....all seems to be well again.....I can even tell by the way it is making foam that it is working right
I am still going to watch it tonight JIC

gojosie1

i have never mixed my own salt before. i always buy ocean water from my lfs. but i think im going to start mixing my own

cam78

Well I think I am going to switch away from Brightwell Aquatics. Not too crazy about it. I can get this Aquavitro or the Tropic Marin. What do you guys recommend but also I see a lot of great reviews for Reef crystals. I heard about switching from natural to synthetic salts is harmful. If I switch to any of these from Brightwell's is this a change from one to another? BTW I have a reef tank