Whisk's Aquapod 24g journal

nissan577

dam man. what could be causing the pep to act like that? ima take my pep out! dude im sorry so here that!
! ima pray for your lil fishies! mr. sixline and mr. goby have to pull it through! i hate to see fish pass away! much of luck and may the fish god be with you!

whisk

thanks Nissan. i dont know, my only guess was he wasnt getting enough food? who knows
all i know is he's going back to the LFS tomorrow. I was seriously this close to flushing him down the toliet but I love animals too much to do it, even if it beat my fish to hell.

nissan577

no maybe i will flush him down. didnt you see finding nemo. the toilet goes to the ocean!
good laugh.
i look it up and saw other people had the same problem. some of them got this as return. Hope it helps alittle.

1. Pep shrimp are really territorial. Would chase a fish if the fish swims by his place.
2. Pep will jump on fish to get food he couldnt he get.
3. Pep will also get on fish to get closer to food.
4. According to the other reefers the pep will clean the fish. (
dont know if its true)
5. Pep got tired on getting nip on or push around (
push around)
HTH

nissan577

No problem! anything for a buddy! now go post in my thread!
!
i hope your fish make it. feed them and monitor how they swim, eat, etc...

whisk

Well, I came home and Friday and both the goby and sixline were dead.

grrrrr.
I returned the peppermint, the accused killer, on Saturday and got some credit and I picked up a feather duster.
Other than that nothing new besides some test results. This coming weekend is the frag swap so I should have some new goodies then, and hopefully some zoas finally.
Test Results
salinity 1.025
ammonia 0
nitrates 0
heres a pic of the feather duster

whisk

Thanks for the comments guys. Thought I would update with new pics. Nothing too new, i rearranged rock a little bit, and moved the frogspawn and xenia.
Spotted a weird worm in the sand, and also my hitchhiker crab cleaned out a hole in a rock and now lives in it and enjoys my daily helping of shrimp scraps. Also, my new feather duster created a new tube out of the side of his old one and now peeks out of it instead.
This weekend is also the coral swap so i should have some new goodies to share with you quite soon! for now enjoy the pics!
FTS

actinic

feather duster created a new tube!

red eye crab dug himself a new hole in a rock!

weird worm, maybe a bristle?

nano-newb1983

Looking awesome my friend, i love the video. Im due for a new one soon..
Have fun at the swap, they are so fun... Make sure to take lots of cash

whisk

thanks guys! much appreciated. the swap im going to is part of the reef club im in, so all corals are free. Our club has a big emphasis on sharing and spreading the coral love.
i'm bringing in a frag i picked up from the LFS. Didnt know too much about it when i got it, turns out it was a goniopora. pretty neat looking, but difficult to take care of and highly aggressive.
heres a pic of it.

whisk

well, i unfortunately lost my camera, so i will have to pick up a new one soon. It's too bad because i picked up a lot of nice new goodies over the weekend from the frag swap. I'll share with you what i got and ill take pics once i get a new camera.
armor of god zoas
super green zoas
lunar eclipse zoas
tub blues zoas
green palys
gold tipped cloves
purple candy cane
orange crush acan
xenia

nano-newb1983

Dang, got alot of good stuff. I cant wait to see all the zoas, i have been trying to get a good collection of them. Im going to pick up some soon

nissan577

man thats alot of goodies! i wanna see them now! now you will have a zoas garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see them bad boys!

redsea

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2953952
Thanks for the comments guys. Thought I would update with new pics. Nothing too new, i rearranged rock a little bit, and moved the frogspawn and xenia.
Spotted a weird worm in the sand, and also my hitchhiker crab cleaned out a hole in a rock and now lives in it and enjoys my daily helping of shrimp scraps. Also, my new feather duster created a new tube out of the side of his old one and now peeks out of it instead.
This weekend is also the coral swap so i should have some new goodies to share with you quite soon! for now enjoy the pics!
FTS

actinic

feather duster created a new tube!

red eye crab dug himself a new hole in a rock!

weird worm, maybe a bristle?

awesome tank!

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2960575
well, i unfortunately lost my camera, so i will have to pick up a new one soon. It's too bad because i picked up a lot of nice new goodies over the weekend from the frag swap. I'll share with you what i got and ill take pics once i get a new camera.
armor of god zoas
super green zoas
lunar eclipse zoas
tub blues zoas
green palys
gold tipped cloves
purple candy cane
orange crush acan
xenia
so you get any pics of these bad boys? im sooo jealous, i want some AOG and Tubb blues